Thread: SFT Tuesday!

Replies

Default SFT Tuesday!

Good Morning!

A couple of snafus yesterday. I'm going to have to think things through and plan more if I'm getting back into running. It burns a lot of calories and basically means I need to have a plan for 4 meals a day. This is where I crashed and burned last winter. I was running so much and the APs didn't cover what I needed to refuel and it started a binge cycle. After running Sunday night and yesterday morning, I fell into that a bit last night. I have the points to cover everything but I don't want to go back there. So, I have to figure out a way to make the program work with running or else I need to just walk. I enjoy running but if it leads to bingeing, it's gotta go.

And then I put some balsamic vinegar on my oven fries for dinner and wound up with a migraine for the rest of the night. The healthier my diet is, the more things like sulfites can really hit me hard. I wasn't expecting that. Let's just say it was a challenge taking Jeff & the boys to their archery practice with the Cubs last night (Jeff informed me of that change of plan at the very last minute!!). Jeff's epilepsy was acting up last night as well too so it was stressful all the way around!!

Today should be the relaxing day I thought I'd get yesterday. I forgot to mention that Nathan called home sick within a half hour of school starting so I was dealing with him all day. He was just constipated but didn't want to go back to school once he went to the bathroom!!! Anyway, I got the shopping done and don't have any pressing errands today so I'll run/walk on the TM while watching an episode of Dexter and then read for a while (the latest House of Night book).

My OP plan: grapefruit for breakfast; lunch will be the last of the chicken, veggie & rice casserole (we froze half of it); I'm thinking pasta w/tomato sauce for dinner!
    Kimberley

Default Re: SFT Tuesday!

Kimberley you did have a stressful day yesterday. I hope you can make the running work for you as you enjoy it so much. Get some rest today if you can.

As for me, I need to get the living room straightened up so DD can exercise. She has decided, as she can't fit in most of her jeans, that she needs to do something about it. So that was her request, clean living room so I can exercise. I am looking for a racquetball court for us to go to also. I need the exercise as well. Here is my plan for the day.

B-blackberry yogurt (6)

S-tangelo

L-Chicken and rice with greenbeans (if they are still good) (9)

S-Banana and almonds (2)

D-bison burger (5), bun (4), cheese (2), and stir fry veggies with olive oil (1).
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

sodacracker Guest

flying in and out : )

Worked today and took all my food with me so that was on target. The .25 candy machine at the office helped me out by jamming so I did not get the candy

running off to to karate with DS, dropping off stuff, and loading Little Big Planet into the PS3.

DH made chickpea soup so dinner is ready.

Good work on thinking about and acting on excercise, Kimberly and Mickee.

Replies

Jeff & I did the 5 mile walk to the bank and then stopped off at Wal-Mart to check out the new beyblades for the boys. Whereupon getting home we discovered that he'd left one of them at Wal-Mart so I opted to DRIVE back to get it. Totally defeated the purpose of walking to run our errands. But the sidewalks are still covered with pitted ice and I couldn't do another 5 miles!!

I did a FIRM workout with Claire this afternoon too. Well, she was in and out most of the time. I guess we don't need to count her! LOL

Mickee- Very responsible of your daughter! I'm trying to support Claire right now because it's the "off season" for the next two months until soccer starts. I don't want her to get too lethargic and gain some weight so I'm encouraging her to join me and build up some strength in addition to maintaining her cardio!!

Soda- I could tell you some stories about those .25 cent candy vending machines that would make you never struggle with them again....... Scary, but true......
    Kimberley

Kimberley - Well, I have been gently teasing/seriously talking to her about her weight and how much easier it is to lose maybe 20 pounds now than try to lose 100 later. She just kinda laughed it off until recently when she tried to get in some jeans fresh from the laundry and could barely button them and swore I had done something different to them at the laundry. Then when she came in and said she could not tie her shoes with her jeans buttoned as they were that tight, she decided she wanted to do something, but wanting and doing are 2 different things. Today she came in looking for chips and I said have an apple or banana, chips are what got you in this mess. So she opted for eating 2 turtle candies instead. Not a good choice but her choice. So it is not going to be easy. She thinks eating organic and better foods is good for you, which it is, but not when you drink 4 glasses of whole raw milk a day. She says 2% hurts her tummy, and my skim is like drinking white water. So you see my struggle with her and she is 18. UGH!!!!

No off to try to clear the living room for her so we can at least Wii Fit.

Mickee

Replies

I'm trying to get Claire to learn how to make good choices as well. She wants to put butter or peanut butter on her toast but doesn't realize how many more calories it is than a bit of jam. Or, she wants to have a lot of cheese and crackers instead of just a couple. I usually control their food very carefully-- control over breakfast, pack their own lunch, control dinner portions. I need to start to let go more or else they won't be able to self-select when they go to university.
    Kimberley

It is very hard to let the control go, but I agree it needs to happen before they are not under our control any longer. Mine will be commuting when she gets to University so the food issue will not be an issue then other than maybe 1 meal a day. Right now she is at a community college and their cafeteria is Subway, nothing else, just subway. So she does good that way. Today she was going to eat cheese and crackers and I said o.k. eat about 5-6 not a whole roll, well then she put them back, that was not enough to waste her time on. So, so, so hard to learn to eat well and be young. I wish I had learned when I was young but was too busy fad dieting then.

Mickee

Replies

Checking in kind of late here on the West Coast. I've been busy all day-even went to the mall with DD#2.

Went to the pre-diabetes class with DH. As a RN, I have heard it all before. DH seemed bored and even dozed off at one point. He came home and ate a white bagel with butter and cheddar cheese, girl scout cookies, and pretzels. So nothing changed at all.

Back to work for me again tomorrow. I have my gym bag packed and am going right after work. It will be the first time in over 2 months.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Replies

Donna, we had a very bad experience with those "education" classes. My dad was diagnosed with diabetes. It scared him straight. He was eating well. He made good choices. And then he went to the hospital for his "education" class and she basically told him that he could eat anything he wanted (in moderation) and he'd be okay with his metformin. So, he stopped choosing fruit for dessert and went back to ice cream. He stopped eating whole wheat and went back to white. I think things might have been different had he NOT gone to this "education" class!!!
    Kimberley

sodacracker Guest

Donna,
    I bet is is frustrating and probably a bit sad to watch DHs eating patterns?
    My mom is diabetic and, despite several rounds of diabetes education she still does not plan well, goes too long without eating, then eats cake.