Thread: SFT weekender Feb. 26 and 27

sodacracker Guest

Default SFT weekender Feb. 26 and 27

Two days 'til WI and if I want to salvage this week I need to make these two days good ones.

so that means an extremely detailed plan of what and when to eat. I will post it in the menu thread.

There is a new local food delivery service that started up so I ordered some things last week that DH picked up yesterday. Forgetting that I had pre ordered I also went grocery shopping yesterday; so now we have 5 dozen eggs, 9 liters of milk, 2 liters of maple syrup and 30 x 1 ounce frozen servings of fresh barley juice.
    I am going to try the barley juice in my smoothie.

Replies

Default Re: SFT weekender Feb. 26 and 27

Good Afternoon!

I had a really hard time getting to sleep last night. I figured that the late night TM session might have tired me out some. I probably should have stayed on there for another hour!! I didn't have anything with caffeine. Strange. Anyway, I got the boys off to bowling this morning and then Claire & I did two FIRM workouts (Ultimate Fat-Burning Workout and Standing Abs from Core Solutions). I got the boys and then spent the next bit getting the house ready for the party. It doesn't start for another hour but one of the girls invited herself over an hour early. And, yes, this is the same girl I've been driving all season. *rolleyes*

I've got a roast in the crockpot and will add in some potatoes and carrots in the middle of the party. The plan is to take it over to my parents' for dinner and then watch Spiderman 2!

Nathan has a bowling tournament out of town tomorrow morning and then it's directly to the curling rink and then Lucas has a friend over until dinner to practice for a drama skit at school. I think that Jeff's going out for coffee with a friend after dinner so I'm not sure if I'll make it back here tomorrow!

OP wise-- I wasn't hungry for breakfast (still full from last night) so I skipped breakfast and had some falafel with hummus and 2 Oreos for lunch. I wanted to lay claim to those 2 before the girls took the rest. My plan is to not eat while they're here. I don't want the chips and I just have to hope that people don't bring sweets. I'm feeling a bit on the "edge" sweet-wise with TOM around the corner. Dinner will be roast beef w/veggies. My plan is to end the day the same as yesterday-- APs eaten, WPAs untouched as yet for the week. My mom said that DQ is having a half price customer appreciation sale tomorrow so I'm a bit worried about that!!

Soda- I'm with you. I had *so* much sodium yesterday and such a high point day (even though I had the APs to cover it) that it's going to take a couple of days to desalinate myself! LOL
    Kimberley

Replies

Thumbs up Re: SFT weekender Feb. 26 and 27

You can do it, Soda!

Let's pull in the regiments!

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Soda - I hear you! I was awesome all week until this weekend. I've been apartment shopping, but FINALLY I found something! So damn happy!

So... now I need to worry about moving, yuck! I'll be a pack of nerves for 2 months now!
    I still have my WI on Mondays, so I'll be hopeful and hope I did alright

5. Default Re: SFT weekender Feb. 26 and 27

Hello Everyone: Spent the afternoon taking care of our 4 1/2 month old grandson - he is a real cutie. When I get done posting this I need to get ready to go out for dinner in honor of our 45th wedding anniversary! YooHoo! I have been very cautious all day with what I was eating because our dinner this evening is likely to take care of the rest of my daily points, along with any activity points I accumulated this week, and the remainder of my weekly surplus points. We don't go to this restaurant often but it's wonderful for special occasions. It is a very small (not more than 20 tables) French restaurant that is ideal for a wedding anniversary dinner.

I do have a SiFi question if anyone can help me: If SiFi foods (the green diamond/triangle foods) have a point value listed in the pocket guide or elsewhere, do I count the points? For example, shrimp is a green triangle but also has points the same with edamame (soy beans). We are big shrimp eaters in our house and I have a package of frozen edamame beans in my freezer that I'm hesitant to fix if I have to count the points. Any clarification on points or no points would be greatly appreciated.

Michelle: Hello and congratulations on the new apartment.
    Kimberley: You are as busy as usual. You always amaze me. I have never tried doing a roast in the crock pot although I have several recipes. Hope your dad makes steady progress after his surgery.
    Soda: Along with everyone else, I know what you are feeling. My WI is Tuesday morning so now it's crunch time, and it doesn't help that we're going to a French restaurant for dinner tonight. Oh well, like a much loved, prior leader use to always say when we slipped now and then, "Call it a vegetable and get over it!"

Hope everyone has a pleasant evening and a wonderful Sunday. JoggingG (JG)

sodacracker Guest

Hi JoggingG
    If there is a green triangle you do not have to count the food, if you are on Simply Filling Technique. The points are there for those that count.

Both Edamame and shrimp are Power foods so no count on SFT.

Carol, I made it through the day with only Power foods, and went for a walk in the local school yard field ( the sidewalks are too slippery, so the snow covered grass is easier to walk on) The uneven footing made for a more challenging walk, so I worked up a bit of a sweat.

Michelle - congrats on the apartment. always stressful, but exciting, to pack and move.

Kimberly - stay away from DQ!

Jogging G - Happy Anniversary

Replies

Updating to say that I did get into a bit of the party snacks so I walked for an hour on the TM this evening after we got back from my parents'. I've finished day 6 of my week and have eaten all of my APs (over 40 thus far!) but none of my WPAs. However, the salt content is likely going to take away whatever loss I would have had. So, soda, it appears that I probably would have been better going for DQ instead of some chips!!
    Kimberley

sodacracker Guest

Water yourself well today Kimberly

Easy slow start to the day. Got a Blackberry yesterday so spend time figuring it out and fussing with apps. Made 5 days of breakfast oatmeal, a slow cooker full of vegetarian chili and a pan of roasted vegetables ( from frozen). Made DS breakfast in bed for a treat. DH off on some errands and my turn this afternoon.

My job for the day is to buy and install a board that has clothes hooks on it for the main bedroom. Maybe one for DD too, as her clothes seem to be in piles everywhere. I bought her a 9 drawer dresser last year and guess what is in it?Makeup! and hair products! and hair appliances! She will be in shock when she goes to university and has make do with a small dresser.

Will check in later.

Replies

Smile Re: SFT weekender Feb. 26 and 27

Quote Originally Posted by sodacracker View Post

Carol, I made it through the day with only Power foods, and went for a walk in the local school yard field ( the sidewalks are too slippery, so the snow covered grass is easier to walk on) The uneven footing made for a more challenging walk, so I worked up a bit of a sweat.
    WOO-HOO, Soda!

I just went for a 45 minute pole walk with DH and Dpup. Had a great breakfast, too: bok choy, 1/2 sweet potato, spicy black-eyed peas, fresh tomatoes and 1 TBS. flax (1). Lotsa' hot sauce.

Here's a template I'm using for my vegan nutrition:

DAILY NUTRITION PRESCRIPTION

Eat at least 1/2-cup of BEANS/LEGUMES in soup, salad or a dish daily
    Eat at least 3 fresh FRUITS a day
    Eat at least 1-oz. of raw NUTS and SEEDS a day (count)
    Eat at least 1 large SALAD a day
    Eat at least 1 large (double-serving) of STEAMED GREEN VEGETABLES
    Eat some MUSHROOMS or ONIONS daily

I've been checking out the vegetarian board on WWs. Someone from New Orleans told how THEY make their red beans...and it was all SFT/power foods.

Replies

Quick pop in with an update. Nathan was 124 pins over average after 3 games but his partner didn't bowl her average at all so they didn't place. Oh well. They had fun! Then we stopped off at my parents' and had DQ at lunch. Fortunately, the sale was just on the freezer items. My mom bought a small cake which we cut into 8 pieces and my WW app tells me that was 11 points. As it stands right now, I've got enough points to eat dinner and reach my Target. I do still plan to walk on the TM during The Amazing Race so maybe I'll have a double serving of rice casserole for dinner!

Soda- I took a B vitamin last night and have been peeing like a race horse all day today. I'm not complaining with WI tomorrow morning! LOL

Carol- Every time I look at the Furhman plan, it just seems like so little food and that I'd be hungry all the time. I find that veggies don't stay with me so I can eat a large salad until I'm so stuffed I could vomit but then I'm ravenous within two hours!! LOL Where are the grains? Just 1/2c of beans, 1 serving of nuts/seeds and the rest is just fruit and veggies. I can't do that. That's a starvation diet!!
    Kimberley

Replies

Smile Re: SFT weekender Feb. 26 and 27

It says "at least"...It's giving you bottom numbers. That was a thing for "health"...make sure you get at least this much every day for health...not a "diet". (He obviously doesn't think you need the grains for basic health).

I think you read it wrong. Nutrition Prescription. Calm down, K...don't use too many exclamation points... LOL!

Replies

Don't get between me and my hunger Carol! LOL
    Kimberley

Replies

Wink Re: SFT weekender Feb. 26 and 27

Never, K....never!

Replies

Couldn't resist popping in to say that I got on the TM tonight while watching The Amazing Race and, drumroll please, I RAN FOR OVER HALF AN HOUR STRAIGHT!!! Granted I was only going 5mph but I thought I'd have to wait another month or two to start running and that I'd have to do short intervals to work up my cardio. I guess the body wants to remember what it used to do and perhaps not all fitness is lost, or rather you can regain it more quickly if you had it in the recent past. So excited!! I talked to Jeff about running a full marathon next Mother's Day but now I'm starting to think that if I work *really* hard, I might be able to run the half marathon THIS YEAR!!
    Kimberley

15. Default Re: SFT weekender Feb. 26 and 27

Kimberley: Congratulations on running on the treadmill. I use to be a jogger (hence the JoggingG nickname) about 10 years ago until I came down with asthma after I stopped smoking. I'm fortunate now to be able to have the lung capacity to walk on the treadmill. What a terrific emotional high to start the week. Good for you! JG

Replies

Thumbs up Re: SFT weekender Feb. 26 and 27

That's amazing, K! GOOD FOR YOU!

I made it through the day on-program! WOO-HOO! It really felt like an effort with planning, timing, and preparation.

I hope tomorrow goes more easily ~

sodacracker Guest

Impressive Kimberly
    C

Carol, it is work isn't it, even after all these years, to stick to a program. Congrats on your day.