Thread: Friday SFT

sodacracker Guest

Default Friday SFT

A dusting of snow instead of the promised 15 cm.

Grocery shopping first thing, then some projects and home to meet DS and a friend from his old school who are all sleeping over tonight at another boy's house.

Computer issues for me on my computer as it freezes on start up. While there are three other at home, that one is set up just for me, plus I had it custom built 4 years ago from some extra earnings I made.

Poll: Do you use a desktop or a laptop ? MAC or PC?

Mine is a PC desktop

Replies

Default Re: Friday SFT

We got the dumping to Soda's dusting!

Going well OP here. Almost done my first month. The scale started moving down again so I should hopefully have a respectable first month tally!!

Running out of the staples I made earlier in the week. Will finish up the falafel, hummus and quinoa/veggie salad for lunch. Dinner is at Costco. I'm getting the salad. My dad had knee surgery yesterday so he asked us to bring him the hot dog special.

We're a Mac family here. Everything you can think of. My BCB computer is a Mac Mini. Jeff wants me to get an iBook but I don't need it. I do my FB stuff on the iPad. Jeff does all his work with the new Mac Book Pro. Claire's got the iTouch for her stuff. We've got a number of laptops here that Jeff's cycled through but aren't powerful enough for his computer coding. There's always at least 6 computers here at any time....
    Kimberley

Replies

Desktop PC here. Also a Tosiba netbook that I don't like as well as I can do as much on my iPhone!

Day off today. I'll be working on my SNlll project. I hope to turn it is tomorrow. Also really low on groceries. As this is my weekend to work, I will need to get to the store sometime today.

Breakfast is the end of the fresh strawberries and kiwi, and 2 old soy patties.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Replies

Hmm, I may have found out something that is really good to know. The Dr Praeger's meatless all american burgers left grease on the pan after broiling them. My stomach is upset after eating them.

I will not be buying/eating these in the future.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.

sodacracker Guest

Donna,
    I wondered about a netbook for general use in the house and out. I thought it would be good for Web browsing, email and some Word doc. openings (which is mostly what I do)

You did not find it useful?

Replies

We have a netbook here as Jeff had to use some PC stuff for work. We never use it. I use my main computer for things that require a lot of typing or the iPad for things that are more point and click. We've got wireless so everything is mobile here anyway. We've also got the stand/keyboard for the iPad so we can use that too.

My parents have a netbook and never use it either. They take it when they go to Mexico in the winter.
    Kimberley

Replies

The netbook is too small and slow. I can't print off it. It was a waste of $$. Really, it does nothing that I can't do on my iPhone.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.

Replies

Smile Re: Friday SFT

My DSD bought a netbook for skyping (to see her new baby). It's small, portable, inexpensive from Costco, and skypes great!

I've got a relatively new desktop PC (Sony--with built-in web cam for skyping). We have a Toshiba laptop we pull out when DH wants to be using a computer at the same time.

Eww, Donna. I will not get those.

Hi, K...

Hi, Everybuddy else!

A good food day: brunch was a green smoothie with LOTS of greens, and I had an early dinner: 1/2 veggie burrito.

It's beautiful, COLD and SUNNY! Maybe tomorrow's the day I can start exercising again. Donna, I hope your citrus trees live...you are so lucky to have them!

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

sodacracker Guest

OK, no notebooks : )
    I got my desk top working again but it is showing the early signs of things starting to go wrong. it is backed up regularly on an portable hard drive so we won't lose anything.

see you all tomorrow : )

I have a desktop PC and laptop PC and use an external hard drive to save anything at all. Nothing is stored on the computer itself. I can't use a Mac as it will not run my transcription programs I need for my job.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

11. Default Re: Friday SFT

Hello to all although those on the East Coast and in Canada are probably heading for bed about now.

Soda kind of threw me with her inquiry this morning because I am so computer illiterate that I had to check with my husband what we had. We have three desktops (husband, myself, and our granddaughter), husband and I both have netbooks and laptops. Being computer illitierate, the netbook serves my purposes when I want to go on-line while watching tv (helps curb night munchies). I'm a new user of a laptop, so can't comment on that right now. I have a Kindle and do enjoy using it. My s-i-l was over on Thursday and used her iPad to show us photos of her recent trip to Viet Nam. I was really impressed but my purse is heavy enough already, I can't start toting around this iPad that I may never use.

I'll have to do personals later this weekend. I have tried really hard to stay OP and everything was going wonderfully until dinner this evening. I made the Core brown rice and muchrooms, along with tri-tip and boiled cabbage. I messed up the brown rice and mushrooms (it was horrendous but I know what I did wrong and I'll try again), the cabbage was terrific but although I pre-meassured my tri-trip to stay within reasonable points, it was while cleaning up the kitchen that I really had an out-of-body experience and kept on slicing off pieces of the tri-tip. We don't eat a lot of red meat, and tonight was a prime example; I was like a crazed woman! Friday evenings, historically, are my down falls. Tonight wasn't as bad as most Fridays, thank goodness, but it still wasn't pretty.

Oh well, I was able to go to the gym five days this week which really makes me feel good. Tomorrow, Saturday, is our 45th wedding anniversary! My husband gave me a beautiful, new wedding ring (I lost the original diamond in our wedding set which tore my heart apart). He wanted it to be ready for Valentine's Day, but I told him that it was meant to be ready for our anniversary!

I am so sorry to be going on forever. Hope everyone has a pleasant evening and enjoy your weekend. JoggingG (JG)

Replies

Just wanted to come back and report in tonight. I wound up having a hot dog, potato chips & ice cream-- my points Target for the entire day, 30 points for dinner! AND, we wound up getting take out for lunch (veggie curry). I was feeling really bloated/full this evening so after we got home and everything was taken care of, it was 11pm but I got on the TM and walked for an hour while watching an episode of Dexter. So, even with an almost 50 point total for the day, I'm entering day 6 of my week tomorrow having just eaten only the APs I've earned this week, and none of the WPAs. Not too shabby!

JG- Happy Anniversary tomorrow!!! BTW, I think you'd be surprised how easy the iPad is to use. It's great to have all your photos, plus be able to do email, plus internet, plus the WW and FB (among other) apps, plus the e-reader as well. Jeff's very well versed with all things Mac so he spends the time getting everything set up for my parents so it's just point, click and go!
    Kimberley

sodacracker Guest

Kimberly I am glad you came back to talk about that 50 point day. I have had those too and remember that in the pre WW days most of my days were like that. This week has not been great for me.

I still shake my head about how over, and over, I will fall into the same bad habits. It used to frustrate me no end. I am starting to get that the more OP days I have is like building up a reserve against those days when it all falls apart. This wasn't a good week. I have had more off program days than on. But I really do get motivated when I read about how people are doing here, so keep posting everyone .

We have a Mac mini but unlike most people that seem to love Mac's, I do not find the operating system intuitive. I waste a lot of time trying to figure out where everything is and how do you open a document, where is it stored etc.