Thread: SFT Thursday!

Replies

Default SFT Thursday!

On day 4 of my week here. In 3 more days I'll have completed a full month OP!

I walked 5 miles yesterday & will do the same today. I've still got food in the fridge-- baked falafel, hummus & quinoa/veggie salad.

I used 10 WPAs on Monday but haven't used any since. I've got 10APs (will have 7 more after today's walk) so I'm going to plan out a treat at some point today to use them up!!

joggingG!! I hope you don't mind me copying Soda's abbreviated nickname. I like it!!
    Kimberley

2. Default Re: SFT Thursday!

Hello Kimberley and all to follow: I kind of like the nickname Soda is using for me so you are welcomed to use it also.

Thank you for the welcome to this thread. Good job on another, I would assume, cold walk yesterday.

After working in the yard Wednesday afternoon, I came inside and made my weekly batch of baked oatmeal so I'm good to go for a few days. My body isn't moving very fast this morning although there is a lot to do. I need to get going and put a crock pot lasagna together for dinner tonight before I go to the gym later this morning. Don't know what website I found the recipe in but I'll give it a try because I love crock pot meals.

I'll be checking back off and on during the day. Need to get this old rear end in gear. Everyone stay focused! JoggingG

Replies

Default Re: SFT Thursday!

Just wanted to report in that it was pelting freezing rain and the ground was covered with almost a foot of snow (I guess I didn't realize it had snowed last night! LOL). So, I got on the TM for TWO HOURS while watching a movie with Claire. She wasn't feeling well so we let her stay home today.

JG (see, I'm now entirely too lazy! LOL)-- I like the crockpot lasagna recipe as well!! Lasagna is my favourite. I've been feeling very anemic lately so I might make a batch this weekend with some organic ground beef!!
    Kimberley

Replies

Smile Re: SFT Thursday!

GOOD Morning, Buddies ~

In the cold Winter I definitely react better to hot cereals and whole grains, Donna.

That's great, K, that you almost have a month under your belt!

I'm still needing to eat "soft" foods (and just took a pain pill so I'm very relaxed and happy right now)...but you sure made that Baked Oatmeal sound good, JogginG! DH asked for that for his "birthday cake" once...

I think dinner might be some VM Raw Vegetable Soup...it practically makes itself.

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

sodacracker Guest

hello!

I might be getting here later these days as I have been sleeping in until 7 or 7:30 (ahhhh) but then there is not time for the computer in the morning.

Wonderful day today! I like a busy day with a mix of activities and love it when everything falls into place. Met with a group of parents for work, sad issues, but revitalizing for all with the group dynamics and support they give each other.

A quick consult about another client, ate at my desk, did my work stats for month end; then drove to the library to learn how to use my e- reader with their collection, a stop at a friends who I am helping out with a project so had a nice industrious hour there and then home to coffee and this and waiting for kids to arrive to carry on with evening activities.

DD got into her first choice university and is walking on pink clouds, she was so relieved she was crying with happiness when she read the offer last night.

Replies

Donna- I haven't yet taken to VM soups. I definitely can't handle putting onion in there as raw onion soups are just wrong! LOL

Soda- Congrats to DD!! Did she get any scholarship offers or are you guys on the hook for everything?!
    Kimberley

7. Default Re: SFT Thursday!

Hello again: Just got some ironing done before I sit down to read for an hour or so, but wanted to catch up with the recent posts.

Kimberley: You're so funny with the new JG nickname - love them all. Your two hours on the treadmill today is really impressive even if you were watching a movie. I am able to stretch my treadmill workout to 45 minutes and that is really a chore. Hope Claire feels better soon. Is she a silent sufferer or a Sarah Bernhart (messed up on the spelling, I'm sure)? Our oldest son was the silent sufferer; he would go into his room and shut his door and wouldn't come out till he felt better. But our youngest son, oh my goodness what a difference. When he got sick, everyone knew about it; he was so dramatic I wanted to push him into his room and shut the door myself! Don't know about my crock pot lasagna. I haven't calculated out the points but there isn't anything Core about it so it's probably a cazillion points. It called for 8 oz of lasagna noodles, broken up, but I only had half a package so I used what I had. This isn't going to help with the points at all. Of course organic beef was never on my mind. When I was a lurker, I was always impressed by the ingredients you use when cooking.

WWCarol: Baked oatmeal coming out of the oven smells good enough to have as a birthday cake. When I'm taking it out of the oven I always wish I had ff Cool Whip in the fridge to put on it to really have a treat, but them I'd eat the whole pan at one sitting so no ff Cool Whip in this house. Don't know what VM raw vegetable soup is. Could you explain? Hope you feel better soon.

Soda: Congratulations to your daughter. Will she be going to school close to home? Hope the drama with your son and his admirers has subsided.

Hope everyone has a pleasant evening. JoggingG (JG)

sodacracker Guest

DD will hear about scholarships when she gets her letter.
    Hoping for 25% of the tuition. I think there is a standard $2k given to everyone that enters with an 85% or higher which she will have.

We looked at the scholarship applications, but alas a lot of the bursaryies and scholarships are not paying out this year due to poor returns the past few years.

We have some saved, she is expected to save at least 2K towards her residence fee and has to work part time during the year for her spending money.

DS and the girl drama is a bit less the last two days - phew

Snow on the way here, so maybe all will be home tomorrow. Might just have to make some baked oatmeal

Replies

JG- Claire's a bit too dramatic. She takes her lumps (no other choice with all the competitive sports she does) but she sure complains about every single one!! Lucas is like me. We both suffer from chronic daily headaches. We both don't want to be popping pills all day long. So we both suck it up and just go on as "normal".

Soda- That's pretty sweet to get $2k for an 85 average. I had over that and didn't get anything. I guess it evens out since tuition has almost triple since I went to university!! I have made it clear to Claire that we expect her to get scholarships and foot a good chunk of her own bill. She can work part-time to pay for her own expenses. University students have way too much time on their hands anyway! If she feels she can't handle working, she's welcome to stay here at home (perhaps)!!
    Kimberley

Replies

For JG (I pulled it up on SF Recipes forum): [before I became plant-based]

Raw Vegetable Soup From VitaMix (with variations)

4 cups water, steaming
    1 med. carrot, cut in 1 inch pieces
    1 rib celery, with leaves
    2 or 3 scallions (or green onion, or onion)
    2 bouillion cubes (or 1 large Knorr cube, beef/chicken/or vegetable)
    3 TBS. tomato paste
    Salt, Pepper, or other seasonings to taste
    Optional: I ALWAYS throw in a Laughing Cow cheese for flavor (count the WAPs)

Place all ingredients in the Vita-Mix container in the order listed. Secure lid. Select Variable Speed #1. Turn machine ON and quickly increase speed to #10; then to HIGH. Run machine for 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 cups.

Calories: 29, Fat .4, Fiber 1.4

Do not "stress" about the size of pieces of the veggies...Believe me, the VM GRINDS them to smithereens! Enjoy!! Try your favorite blends of veggies. Experiment!

Variation: CHUNKY SOUP- At the end of the process, I throw in pieces of zucchini and grind it on #3-4 for a teeny bit. That way I get some "chunky bits" in my soup, that are suspended evenly throughout the soup!

Variation: SHREDDED CHICKEN- I threw in some diced poached chicken after I'd added some zucchini and "pulsed" it a few times. Voila! Beautifully shredded chicken that was suspended throughout the soup~

Variation: TACO SOUP - At the end, throw in some: black beans, corn, cooked chicken and a few taco chips (count the WAPs). This is what the demonstrators are doing at the fairs~ Taco Soup from Raw Vegetable Soup~

Also, you can top this with shredded FF parmesean or other FF cheeses. Carol
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Replies

It's going to be interesting here tomorrow.

Big storm coming. May have up to 2 inches snow Friday or Saturday. I do hope my citrus trees survive.

I am out of Almond milk! Either I have a savory breakfast, or I will have to go to the grocery first thing.

Today I got all the papers signed that I needed for my work project. I am off tomorrow and I plan on assembling prior to doing anything else. (I guess that means I will not go to the grocery first thing.)
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman