Thread: SFT Wednesday

sodacracker Guest

Default SFT Wednesday

Starting us off!

!/2 day of work today and taking a co worker out to lunch as she is leaving this week to another job. We picked a café where I know they make a vegetarian soup every day, so will have that while the others s have panini's .

Situation with DS continues to be up and down with girls phoning our house. He set up a face book account, but "somehow" it was hacked and no longer works (thanks to DD ) so for now he has decided it is too much trouble to try again. DH and I met with his teacher yesterday who was very good. Special ed teacher for 26 years, very clear about how he can support DS by talking to all the kids about appropriate behaviour.

My friend is a child and youth worker and I have been consulting about all these changes in DS since switching schools. Academically it is the right place for him to be. Socially, we have got to teach him some new skills.
    Off to post a food plan.

Hope all of you are well -
    Last edited by sodacracker; 02-23-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Default Re: SFT Wednesday

Hey Soda
    I'm sure things will get better with DS, sometimes new environments require changes and good for you for planning ahead to your co-workers get together!
    Things are still hectic on my end, but I've REALLY been enjoying WW online - I never realized how amazing it was!
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is what I needed to get back on track, I really need to lose weight for myself. All my skinny clothes are too tight!

Replies

Good Morning!

Things went well yesterday. I wound up making brown rice pasta w/tomato sauce & cheese for lunch and then had oven fries for dinner. While the fries were in the oven, I made a batch of hummus, some baked falafel and also a quinoa, veggie & tofu salad. So, now I'm set for the next couple of days!

We went for a 2 mile family walk last night. Today, I'm aiming for a 5 mile walk to Blockbuster and back. We're going to hit positive temperatures at some point this afternoon so I'll get out while the getting is good. Who knows when it's going to get cold and stay that way for a while!

Soda- I hope that DS can make those adjustments quickly. I remember how difficult it was when we moved the kids from the Waldorf school to the public system. Night and day both academically and socially. They'd never used a computer. And they had no idea what people were talking about socially either. One of our first purchases was a Webkinz! LOL

Michelle- I have the WW app on the iPad and love it. I can't stand WW online though as it's so much harder to use. I like the point and click options!! LOL
    Kimberley

sodacracker Guest

Webkinz! I'd forgotten about those.

Just as an example of what is happening. Girls call, ask him to come to school early to kiss (!). I tell principal and teacher as I do not know these girls or their parents. I tell DS no way, this is not appropriate behaviour for children. He complains, says they're friends. I say friends do not make you break family rules. Solution? Yesterday I walked over to the school and stood in the school yard talking to the principal knowing DS and the girls could see me, but not hear what we were saying. Lots of nervous glances from the kids : )

His teacher suggested that he not leave for school until a few minutes before the bell rings ( we live very close) so last night we kept him up 90 minutes past his usual bedtime, let him sleep in this morning until a half hour before the bell rings, so all he had time for was dress, eat and run.

We're learning. He is a funny kid - totally challenging, but very lovable. Grouses at me for being the meanest mom, "I wish you'd never adopted me!", and then big hugs and "can you sit with me while I fall asleep?". As I say to DH he is either going to be our fountain of youth having to keep up to him, or make us gray before our time.

Stayed home to work this morning so just had my bean burger and some grapes and off to shower and dress.

Carol how are you feeling today?

sodacracker Guest

is there a Blackberry app for WW?

Replies

Smile Re: SFT Wednesday

Good Morning, Buddies ~

I loved WW online when I did it too, Michelle, but for some reason I thought I shouldn't pay that much $$...now I pay $15 every month for plant-based support and don't think a thing about it. Of COURSE we're worth the $12 a month (or whatever it is now).

DD got an iPhone WWs ap. I'm sure blackberry has one, too, Soda. She said it has the calculator that figures the protein, etc. (I don't know what she's talking about.) I'm just glad she found it and is doing it.

If anybuddy finds great ideas about doing WWs besides meetings, please let me know. I'll share them with DD!

Soda, why does it have to be either/or?... Maybe he'll be your fountain of youth AND help you turn gray earlier... LOL! DH always says, "Why weren't girls acting like that when I was young?" Invitations to kiss?!...Pretty hard to refuse.

Sounds like you have found great solutions so far.

Your foods sound great, Kimberley. I wish I lived closer...

I'm healing nicely. Soups and smoothies again today! My fridge is LOADED with vegetables and fruits. Need to cook up some beans and I'm set.

MAKE GREAT DAYS, Everyone ~

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

sodacracker Guest

made it this far without any grey hairs so I guess he is the fountain of youth

8. Default Re: SFT Wednesday

Hello to my new SiFi buddies. My husband and I have just returned from the gym, and I enjoyed my almost SiFi lunch while reading this thread. It looks like we're due for a doozie of a winter storm here in Northern California sometime Thursday coming from Canada; I want to head out into the backyard and do some clean-up that needs to be done from the last rain and wind storm we had last week. Since I'm on my computer earlier today, I wanted to respond to some of the personals.

Soda: Hope you were able to enjoy some vegetarian soup. A warm soup in the winter really is comforting. Oh my goodness what are these kids doing today? While reading about your son and his "girlfriends" I just shook my head in disbelief. Our two boys are grown and have kids of their own, but now I worry about the four grandkids in school (three in Idaho and one here in California). The kids just seem to be so much bolder in their behavior - it scares me. Our youngest granddaughter here in California was involved with a bully last year in kindergarten - can you believe it, kindergarten! It was so traumatic for a few weeks, but luckily the situation corrected itself. You definitely are doing everything you can short of tying your son up and not letting him out of the house. Good luck.

Michelle: Hello and good luck with WW on-line.

Kimberley: Having been a "lurker" on this thread for awhile, I have always marveled at the food you cook and your unbelieveable schedule with transporting your kids here, there, and back again. It was reading about you and Soda making baked oatmeal that finally pursuaded me to try it. Well, I love it! I make it at least once a week to have in the freezer. I'll take out a square in the morning to have on hand for a snack in the afternoon or evening.

WWCarol: Speedy recovery. As long as I have fruits and vegs in the refrigerator, I know I'm good to go.

Well, everyone enjoy the rest of your day. I need to clean up the lunch dishes and head outside.

sodacracker Guest

baked oatmeal! Thanks for the reminder joggingG

off to update my menu for today and tomorrow

Replies

Had a smoothie at 5 am and was hungry by 9:30am. My lunch break is at 10:45am.
    Tomorrow I am having oat groats instead.
    Tired after my first day back at work.
    Very cold in my area. We are supposed to get snow here on Friday or Saturday. Huh? You all know that never happens in my area.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Replies

Welcome JoggingG! We are neighbors! I work in Sacramento.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman