Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SFT Monday WI Feb 21

Default Re: SFT Monday WI Feb 21

wow that is restrictive for sure, or it would be for me. OUCH!!! I do want to feel better, but would like to take a pill to get over this spell and see what comes next. I may give in and see what happens and give it a try, but just don't know I could do it. I know me and I would compensate with junk food. I grab a glass of milk as I feel it is healthy and if I could not sip on that I would be munching on chips or something similar I am afraid. I might try eliminating one thing a week and just see if it makes a difference.

What do you eat???
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Replies

Mickee- I know how hard it is to deal with food restrictions. I've got so many allergies/sensitivities that sometimes I feel like I can't eat anything. I should be gluten-free but I haven't been able to get back to it. I can't eat dairy, except for cheese a couple times a week. I can't have anything with additives/preservatives/MSG-- so I have to cook all my food. I also can't have any food colouring or artificial sweeteners (Splenda okay if only a couple times a week). I can't handle everything all at once. But I can handle things one at a time.

I drink herbal teas when I can't stomach drinking water. That's a first step for me!
    Kimberley

For my ice cream craving I make myself a smoothie with blueberries (which I see you love) and a banana and some strawberries (all fruit is frozen btw) and I add a sweetened soy/hemp/almond or coconut milk and a little sugar or stevia. The consistency is like a softserve/milkshake.

As a snack tonight I had a lentil 'burger' and then munched on some strawberries.
    I eat a lot of nuts, tamari almonds are my favorite.

I eat about the same thing every day too - makes it a lot easier.
    breakfast is always a smoothie, sometimes with a scoop of Vega (which is like a protein powder, but vegan, WAY easier on the stomach too).
    Snacks are always fruit and nuts.
    Lunch at this moment is a lean protein with a whole grain like bulgur, couscous or rice with a side salad.
    Dinner I have more variety, keeps me sane. I veganized everything from Kung Pao Chicken, General Tao's, Faitas, Tacos, Pad Thai.
    And once a month or every couple weeks I have a couple slices of homemade pizza with cheese. I pay for it, but I really enjoy it.

Even just try to do it for a couple days and then resume your regular diet and go back and forth.
    Journal to see what triggers your GERD as well!
    I used to be on domperidone? I think that's what it's called and it was for a lazy stomach and my gastroparesis to help me pump my stomach so the food would go down and the side effects were INSANE! I was on Nexium as well and a handful of PPIs, but my symptoms only got worse. I never felt better not taking tums and all that jazz. Sometimes I think the pharmaceutical companies create these things to make the immediate results worthy for people to keep taking the, but the long term result is awful!

I am going to make an appointment with a nutritionist tomorrow I think. I don't know that is the route to go, but I just couldn't drink anything but cow milk, going skim is pushing the limit. I don't feel bad all the time, this has just been an unusually bad spell. I know when I eat spicy food I will pay for it but usually antacid for a couple of days fixes me up, this time it is not doing it. Buttermilk is always a quick cure too, but have not had time to get any.

I am happy that you can eat that way and correct the issues and maybe if I get worse I might try it, but I don't think I can eat any "burger" that does not contain beef or turkey at least. I do get the leanest I can and in fact eat bison quite often. Just hate beans or lentils.

I may contact you for additional help, should I chose to go this route but right now will need to get a whole lot worse before I change things that drastically.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Replies

Smile Re: SFT Monday WI Feb 21

I'm alive!

I made it through my oral surgery. And they didn't even need to use cadaver bone graft...I didn't need any graft!

I'm happy and high on pain meds...

So glad to have that behind me.

Talk about eating "weird": I have to make everything liquid or soft for a few days, so I'm going to try those "blended salads", etc. that I've been putting off for a long time.

In my VitaMix I made a concoction: kale, veggie broth, red cabbage, carrots, celery, tomato paste, onion, raw cashews (2) and flax (1) and garbanzos. Surprisingly good soup/blended salad...thank goodness! LOL!

Last edited by WWCarol; 02-21-2011 at 10:32 PM. Reason: add the garbanzos
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Replies

And "dessert": VitaMix an orange, banana, plain soymilk, 2 dates (1?), 1/4 cup raw cashews (4) and 1 1/2 cups ice cubes. Very filling.

This is totally making me do things differently: NO CHEWING!

I'm hoping to learn something from it ~

7. Default Re: SFT Monday WI Feb 21

Hi to all the posters: I have been "lurking" for many months, but have always received a lot of useful information to carry me through my week. Today the information seemed to be more informative for whatever reason that it necessitated me to respond.

My weigh-in is Tuesday morning and I believe I'll have a weight-loss - hallelujah! Although this is dependent on if I "raid the refrigerator" later this evening or have a normal evening watching television. I seem to go through an "out-of-body" experience around 9 or 9:30 in the evening when I start exploring the refrigerator although I'm not really hungrey. I probably could have reached goal numerous times if my "anxiety" eating hadn't gotten in the way.

I currently weigh 153 (started WW's at 160 - oh so many years ago). I only lost the seven pounds because I was violently sick with RSV during the month of January when I lost 10 pounds - since then I have gained three pounds back! That doesn't sound like a lot, but it might as well be 1,000 pounds!

I'm a normal eating, over 60 female, who finds comfort in other women who are striving for a healthier lifestyle! Best of luck to all of us!

Jogging - I'm so glad you posted! I love knowing that people read and one day post! Welcome to the group!
    Also - don't beat yourself up! You lost weight - you should be proud of yourself!

Some of us lose weight really slowly too, so the support will be there!

Carol - So glad you're doing well! How long do you need to eat this liquid-esque diet? What's on the menu today?

Where are all my other buddies this morning?
    I worked up 5 hours of OT and told my boss I needed some time to sleep - so I'm heading into work at noon. Some people are just SO organized at my work, I was waiting on something until midnight for a report and then got up at 5 am only to find out it was fine... urgh! Ranting! Sorry.
    Today will be better!

Replies

Smile Re: SFT Monday WI Feb 21

Hi Michelle,

Yeah...where is everybuddy?...

I think I eat this way for about a week (I think). Today I made water sauteed veggies and added beans and made a puree. For dinner I added veggie broth to make a soup. For dessert I had a "banana soymilk" shake (with 2 dates and some raw unsalted pistachios (4)).

The oral surgery is like a cone-head on a dog...it's externally restricting my foods...

sodacracker Guest

hi everyone!
    Carol! ouch! But glad you are through with that and keep using those pain killers.

boy soen of you really have tricky food restrictions. Glad you keep trying. Mickee - we gotta' get you to try some other foods! If you keep eating the same way and are nt having success, then

Jogging grandma - so glad you posted! Canada? U.S. Europe? Sounds like you have the evening eating problem like a few of us here. Join in and post so we can get to know you.

Interesting reaction to my posting yesterday I lost a shade over three pounds last month. My response to this success ( and it was, for me) was that I over ate all day yesterday and used up all my WPA's on cookies and chocolate.

I was "celebrating", "rewarding myself" and know it was a crazy response, yet did not care. Post analysis today revealed that the whole day was unscripted - it was a holiday, we were all home, everyone wanted to eat out, the grocery stores were closed. All in all the perfect recipe for a lousy food day. No plan, no clean environment and no prepped foods.
    Last edited by sodacracker; 02-22-2011 at 11:12 PM.

11. Default Re: SFT Monday WI Feb 21

Hello everyone. Thank you for the warm greetings to this group. My response on Monday evening was so unplanned that I forgot to tell you that I'm from Sacramento, CA plus I erroneously said, I believe, that my starting weight was 160 when in actuality it was closer to 170. It took me "forever" to get down to 157 where I stalled for months, and it wasn't until I was so ill in January that I lost 10 pounds, kind of drastically. Even though I am currently 152, this 10 pound loss brought me much closer to my 140 goal. My weigh-in this morning saw a 1.5 pound loss - hooray!

I hope to regularly participate with this group since the Simply Filling concept is fairly new to me. I had a hard time with the new PointsPlus program so switched to Simply Filling. That is why this group has been so informative for me. Hope everyone has a great Wednesday. I'm off to do some ironing while watching Biggest Loser.

sodacracker Guest

carol - you might get below 140 with this pureed foods method ; )

sodacracker Guest

jogginggrandma - thanks for the backgrounder : )
    do you jog?

Replies

Thumbs up Re: SFT Monday WI Feb 21

Surprisingly, I'm gaining.

I'm wondering if it's the drugs? Definitely lack of exercise. I'm not worried though. This is just a bump in the road. Just like your day yesterday.

Welcome, Joggingrandma! It will be fun to see how this works for you.

BEST NEWS IN THE WORLD: DD, 31, called me up tonight and told me she's doing WWs again. On her iPhone, she has the calculator ap. And she has access to WW info on her phone (even tracking). (I don't know exactly which program...) But the desire came from within, and she's doing it.

Nothing could make this mom happier ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12