Thread: SFT Friday - how's your week going?

sodacracker Guest

Default SFT Friday - how's your week going?

hi everyone, or, at least, hi! to the few that keep posting.

(Do I smell or something? )

Anyhow, posters or not it is worth it for me to keep writing as I have to have some kind of accountability.

So glad that it is Friday! My plans for today are coffee out with some parents then working on some of my own projects. I made tonight's dinner last night and there is a pre made salad in the fridge so we are set for tonight.

I started to eat something at 11 p.m. last night, a granola bar, and 2 bites in realized how silly it was to eat then, so threw it out. It is such an interesting process when you hear yourself try to talk yourself into eating off program. I was listening to my internal head talk and arguging with myself !

DD's vegan experiment is showing her how many foods come with milk ingredients, and that some already cooked potato is the fastest way to fill her up. She also commented that she relied on milk products (milk, yogurt and cheese) as her primary snack foods.

She is going to her first high school party tonight and, as a non drinker, is not feeling confident about navigating the pressure to drink so asked if she could take a cooler that has been emptied and fill with diet pop so that she has something to carry around.

DS invited his new friend over yesterday, the girl, and they arrived with another boy. I gave them a snack and settled them in the kitchen so I could chat with all of them for a bit. The little girl soaked up the attention I gave her, she is clearly not supervised very much by a anyone, and when we drive her home, she had to be shown how to put on her seat belt as she said they did not have car and she was not used to doing that. sigh. I am social worker, I work with families, I just don't like being social worker at home. Also, as I learned, at 50, I am older than her grandmother.
    Last edited by sodacracker; 02-18-2011 at 07:50 AM.

Default Re: SFT Friday - how's your week going?

Hey Soda -
    Just thought I'd post quickly to say hello, I'll come back later on today when my work simmers down in the afternoon. Another jam-packed day for me - I'm REALLY thankful it's Friday. The new job has me in a bunch of twists and turns, ups and downs. I really missed my previous routine I had with my other job, but change isn't terrible I suppose ha ha.

I'm surprised you ended up meeting the girl so soon! At least she wasn't alone with your son and had another friend, although I do find it a little sad about her not knowing how to use a seatbelt. Car or not, usually you're in a situation where you need to use one.

Is your daughter thinking of being vegan after her experiment? Is she finding it challenging?

Replies

Good Morning!

Drive-by here. Jeff has reached the max of his vacation bank so he took today off and Monday as well (kids are off for "Family Day"). I wasn't able to go on a walk yesterday as I was barely able to move! I'm still really stiff and sore. If this wasn't a wake-up call for how much of my fitness I've lost in the past year, nothing is. I'll have to build things back up again. I believe we'll walk to the bank-- 5 miles return. At least most of the ice has melted, if instead we're left with puddles.

In OP news, I've got half of my WPAs left and 3 days to end my week. Oatmeal for breakfast. Haven't thought ahead for the other two meals. I'd wanted to take the gang out for dinner tonight as it's report card day but I forgot that I'd told Nathan his friend could come over after school. So, we either take the friend out to dinner with us or we post-pone to tomorrow! Perhaps we'll do the $5 footlong at Subway and everyone can share!

Soda- At least you can control the situation from your house. I've had too many things happen when I took my kids to other people's houses where they weren't supervised. Not worth it when they were younger. Probably still not worth it as they can get into just as much trouble, if not more!

Michelle- I hope things settle down at work!!
    Kimberley

Replies

Smile Re: SFT Friday - how's your week going?

Hi Buddies!

Just checking in. Soda, I didn't hear the first part of your story, but I loved the second part. Your DS is so sweet, and he is learning so much from you. And so interesting about DD: being vegan is hard! Still. It's like swimming against the tide.

Hey, Kimberley! Good to see you.

I've got a tooth extraction scheduled on Monday. My vertigo has been worse (worry related?). I'll be glad when that part of the tooth implant is behind me.

So many things were put on hold because of mom's illness and death. So I'm working on that backlog.

So I want to know: how's the new program WORKING for everybuddy?... What's the skinny so far?...Is it "it works if you work it"? Is it working as well as Core did for you? I'd love to know your experiences.

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Replies

My weight is down 2 lbs this am. Hope it holds until Monday when my "official" weigh in gets written down.

I'm still eating core foods. Still following ETL guidelines. Feeling healthy today. Will try the gym on Monday morning.

I'm finding the WW meetings a big waste of time. I have canceled my monthly membership. Will use BCB and other online resources, and my own knowledge.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

sodacracker Guest

Carol! I was just thinking today of putting a shout out to you to see how you are doing. So sorry to hear about the vertigo - I still get a jittery feeling remembering that time in my life. I also get jittery knowing that once you have had it, you are more prone to it again.

Michelle, I decided to let him have the girl over for all the reasons Kimberly said - easier to supervise in my home, establish rules and appropriate behaviour; and, as DS is so impulsive because of his LD I would rather our home be the hang out spot.

Carol - the program works if you work it. Monday will be my 4th WI and I think I will end up about 2 pounds down. For a 50 year old, non exercising woman, that is probably about what I can expect, a 1/2 pound a week on average.

Replies

Carol- I joined online on Jan 30th. I've lost 4.5lbs thus far. I haven't been exercising much over the past three weeks as I sprained my ankle and before that was just generally trying to wrap my head around everything and not bite off more than I could chew from the start. I'll be ramping things up going forward.

I'm trying to use all the WPAs each week. The first week I wound up using most of them over the weekend. The second week I used them up throughout the week (but I think still had almost 20 left). This week I'm on day 5 and have 25 WPAs left. I've earned more APs this week than the previous two so I figure my goal right now is to eat the WPAs, track my weight loss and if it goes okay, I'll add in the APs past that. If I can get back to goal weight eating a Target of 29 points, plus 49 WPAs, plus my APs, that will make things much easier long-term! I eat mostly Core foods and what foods aren't Core are still homemade or whole foods (homemade spelt bread, lentil pasta, oatcakes, etc). So, I find that I can make the points go pretty far!
    Kimberley

Replies

I was wondering about that, Donna. I'd love to have a real-life place for support. Tell me why it's a waste of time for you...because of being vegan?...

I hear you on the exercise, Buddies. It's been so hard with it being Winter (the garage is FREEZING where the equipment is) and with being dizzy, too. I'm remembering how much fun I had swimming in the Summer...running and splashing in the pool, etc.

Soda, sometimes you get it One Time And That's It--Never Again. Fingers crossed for you. I got scared yesterday (it's never as bad as the first few months were) but I just had an easy day and this morning I'm much better. So I'm definitely learning to compensate, adjust and accept.

Wanna hear my breakfast?...Pond Scum Smoothie.

I'm joking! (well, not about the color) It was delicious! Banana, strawberries, orange, fresh squeezed carrot juice (1/2 cup), lots of kale, 1/4 cup raw cashews (4), 1 TBS. flax (1), and 1 cup ice cubes = 2 full glass servings. VROOM!

Yes, we had that on a freezing cold day before DH went to play golf in the freezing cold.

I am here. Looking to re-re-re-re-start on Monday.
    I love this thread when I keep up with it.
    You are a great bunch of supporters. Sory for the MIA.
    Teg

I don't have much to share, but I am here. Better late than never. I have not been logging food this week, just eating what I felt was healthy and trying not to over eat. Having a bit more GI issues so have not felt the greatest. Working like a trojan and some of it not even being paid for. So....not the happiest camper right now and so far behind I need work every waking minute to catch up and that aint happenin.

Soda - loved hearing your story. It is so cute. Kudos for your DD trying the vegan route. I could not do it, but if you can and want to that is great. I am very dependent on milk and cheese particularly and my greek yogurt.

Donna - Don't know what to say about you canceling your WW membership. I never had a membership but did let my e-tools lag once and was sorry I did that. I hope whatever you are doing works for you. That is main thing to find something and stick with it.

Kimberley - congrats on your weight loss. Hope your ankle is feeling better so you can exercise. I know that will make the loss greater and you happier too.

Michelle - How is your work going. It seems you are quite busy and I can related to that one.

Well, I am just hurting all over and don't know what to do. I had decided to try to start exercising and now have an ankle issue myself. Problem is I have no idea what I did to it. If I put pressure on the foot it hurts if I bend it to walk normally the Achilles hurts. The pain is slowly moving up my leg. I am thinking of going to an orthopedist as I have several bone pains that probably need to be diagnosed. UGH!!! Have not decided on a plan yet, but just sticking to what I feel are healthy foods. So not splurging. We will see what the old scale says on Monday.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Replies

The meetings are just not working for me. Still such a focus on processed foods, meat and dairy. And "did you get your oil"? They are not amused when I say that I am using raw walnuts instead of the oil.

Last time I went to a meeting there was also a big focus on alcohol for the Super Bowl. I don't drink alcohol and haven't in years.

I do reserve the right to change my mind and go back to meetings if I choose to, but for now I'm not going!
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.

Replies

Of course, canceling my WW membership does not mean that I'm canceling BCB.

You guys are stuck with me!
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.

sodacracker Guest

and you're stuck with us, too, Donna!

Replies

Thumbs up Re: SFT Friday - how's your week going?

Mickee, so sorry about your pain...

That's right, Donna. Find what works for you!

Replies

Thanks, everyone for supporting my decision.

Sticking with BCB, Dr F, Dr McD, The Peer Trainer, Happy Healthy Long Life, The Daily Beet (Engine 2 Diet), and the Healthy Librarian.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.