Thread: Wed. SFT Feb. 16

sodacracker Guest

Default Wed. SFT Feb. 16

Hi everyone!

supposed to be warm here today and hoping all the ice melts off the walks and eaves.

5 straight hours of meetings today

DS has a cold but has to go to school as DH has already left for work and I missed these meetings last month because DS was sick. Because he is feeling under the weather he is letting us baby him, which is nice, as his Mr. Tough Guy attitude that he picked up from this new school was wearing on my nerves.

There is a school council meeting at the new school next week so I will go to that and start to meet some of the other parents.

DD is taking driving lessons and so far I have refused to practice drive with her as I am terrified! Also I think I would drive her crazy. I agreed tot take her to a parking lot early Sunday morning and let her drive me around. DH said I should sit on my hands and just say things like, "great job!" no matter what happens.

Off to move things along here this morning - work, school, DD has to work after school and DS has karate ( maybe) .

Have a great day!

Default Re: Wed. SFT Feb. 16

Oh no! I just lost the whole message I typed up -grumbles!-

Soda - Thanks for starting us off.
    I hope your son feels better soon, it seems the cold and flu season is a bad one this year, but thankfully we didn't have something like the h1n1 scare this year.
    As for the driving lessons, my mother was the same exact way and I don't blame her looking back at it. She waited until 50-60% of my on-the-road classes were done. I mean, if your vehicle was equipped with the additional brake pad on the passenger's side, that would be another story!

As for myself, I'm doing good. I'm finally trying to get back OP like when I started. I got the measuring cups out and my WW journal! I always did well when I tracked on paper and on here. It does take some extra time, but it makes me realize where ever I am, what I ate.
    I'm hoping to reduce my WAPs because it seemed I ate them all, and some days were just WAY too high, 10-13 pts. So we'll see what this week will do!

sodacracker Guest

as I scout around the board I keep seeing people mention that they losing posts. now what i try to do is start one and save it after the first sentence and then go back and add the rest.

I think it's because once I typed it up, sometimes I press that BIG blue "Reply to Thread" button instead of that small little insignificant 'Post Quick Reply' button on the bottom ha ha.

Replies

Michelle, I do that too sometimes! I usually write my daily update on a blank email and cut and paste here since I participate on a couple daily/weekly threads!

Things going well here. Claire's home today as they're off on a school ski trip and she didn't want to risk re-injuring her ankle. Nathan's home again today, still feeling sick. They're doing Carnaval at school so Lucas wanted to go!

Mom's making roast beef, veggies and pie for dinner tonight as a family friend is coming to town. She had me use the WW recipe builder to point it out. 7 points for 1/8 slice of pie. Glad I figured it out. Not worth it!!!
    Kimberley

Any tips on green lentils?
    I've been packing a SUPER high protein/fiber cereal and it's NOT agreeing with me for the past 2 days.
    I need some lunch ideas that are way more digestible but still high in protein.

I thought it'd be great to make some dishes with Tofu/Lentils with Couscous/Bulgur and some veggies.
    What do you guys think? Is a lunch worth 8-10 points with those elements seem filling?

sodacracker Guest

Hi Michelle,

Green lentils - I had a nice dish last week that was just cooked green lentils, tasted like they had added some wine in the cooking water, served as a side dish, about 1 cup, with a little sea salt on top. It was very good, just as is. That with some cooked grain of some kind and maybe even some other cooked vegetable would make a filling lunch.

I tend not to worry about protein much. I used to track my eating at FitDay when I was vegan and, without any effort at all, I easily ate enough protein just from fruit, vegetables, beans and grains.

Replies

I've got a sweet and sour lentil stew recipe somewhere. You can probably google it and find it-- lentils, veggies, simmered on the stove, etc.
    Kimberley