Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are you buddies!? Stop 'reading' threads and post already!

Angry Where are you buddies!? Stop 'reading' threads and post already!

Honestly, I'm a little worried for several people who used to post here on a regular basis. I see our daily posts raking up page views that would be impossible for 3 people to rack up! So you're reading, you're taking the time to read - why not take the time to post? You're NOT that busy if you can take the time to crank up the page views to the threads. Ever thought of that? Takes a couple extra seconds to let us know you're alive, doing well, or struggling.

I cannot state how much we need to stay accountable and even though we slip up - there's no reason to get back into things! We all have our bad days, we all have busy lives, but you need to see how worthy you are!

Lately, I've only seen 3 regular posters (including myself) and it's only January! Usually things die down in the summer, but this is a little soon for people to go off and just say "I slipped up bad" "I'm too busy" - a lot of us JUST recommitted this new year! It's barely been a month! The new plan is a big change to several people, but that's why we're all here, to help each other out.

Just please consider the fact that you're skipping out on being the healthiest you, to be there for the longest you can be for your friends, family, loved ones, children etc.

sodacracker Guest

Default Re: Where are you buddies!? Stop 'reading' threads and post already!

Michelle, you are a wise person

We know some of you are off program but the harsh old days of BCB of "don't let the door hit you on the way out if you're off program" are gone .

So, even if you are sitting in a sea of empty cheeto bags - get on here and tell us about what is going on.

Once a day, log in, say hi, and then you can go and read. Ok?

Wow - 29 views, really? And no one is fessing up?

Buddies, seriously stop it! I'm starting to get frustrated - pissed off, even. I'm never one to vent to others, but this is RIDICULOUS!

I need your help as much as you do, and with so little people on the boards, it's detrimental to everyone's success when I can just say "F-ck it, I'll just give up like my other friends did, maybe this program isn't worth it"
    Last edited by chellybats; 01-23-2011 at 03:26 PM.

I'm still here Michelle!!

And to those who read but don't post....just think, if we all decided not to post there wouldn't be anything inspiring or helpful here for you to read.

Contributing makes this a better place for everyone.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

Still reading, hardly posting these days.
    Reading with the hope to find things that interest me.
    I like talking about WW, and WW journeys, shared experiences, etc.
    But, I'm not into being part of threads about people's personal (non-WW) news, food journals, and cliquey check-ins. So, I haven't been posting much the past month of so.
    I wish I saw more of what I want and less of what I don't want here. But, that's not the case.
    Doesn't make it right or wrong - different strokes, etc. It's just that I'm not seeing a lot here, lately, that makes we want to be part of the conversation.

sodacracker Guest

Super bowl,
    yep, I can see that.

and, hey! thanks for posting

Replies

I'm reading, I like to check in on the Core/SF board for good recipe tips and usually inspiring posts by smart women But I don't often post over here as I am following points plus. But Chelly, I like your attitude!
    Lifetime as of November 21, 2005 & getting back to goal!

HW - 185
    GW - 145
    CW - 158

Aww thanks Kait- I miss you from the T20's board!
    I'm also doing Points+ but there are a lot of people with whole food/plant based diets here. So I've been here for the past couple months.

Replies

My computer was down! DSil just repaired and I am now back on line.

Still on disability. I have a bone scan scheduled for tomorrow. I am hoping this show no cancer!

Still living a plant based lifestyle and still core!
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

I had no doubts about you Donna
    Sending positive vibes your way! Keep us posted!

Replies

Thank you, Michelle.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.

Donna, didn't know what was going on. Best to you I know your healthy lifestyle will help.
    Michelle, its the same on getting back to goal thread. A few faithfuls but its definietly lagging. I've strated bouncing around and jumping in posts. I just want commitment and others striving for the common goal. I get what SBXLI means too.
    I'm not doing all CORE but my goal is to eat more good foods and to hit goal bf I hit 50.
    lost 18.0 since December, its my journey

sodacracker Guest

Donna,
    Glad you're on line again.
    I need you plant based eaters to post here - very inspiring,

I am worried about you being sent for these tests so please let us know how you are doing, OK?

Cheryl - I feel the exact same way as SuperBowl. I was previously on the T20s and I was asking questions without much help, too many threads/challenges. It was really hard to keep up with.

Not all of us are on CORE/SiFi, so please feel free to join us. I did SiFi for a few weeks, and it wasn't personally for me. I'm back on Points+ but still post here on a regular basis. I love the people here.

Sure Chelly. Theres a saying you get out what you put in. We're going to do this . This is the year. You're smart to be doing it in 10# increments. What do you reward with for each milestone? New jeans?

Michelle - I am trying to get in the swing of things, but some days it just aint workin for me. I mean, I have been around this board for many years, feels like forever sometimes. Years ago we would get in the chat room and chat for hours on end and that was my main motivation and helped me more than anything. This post and read, post and read, hope someone answers is just not as fulfilling as the live chat was for me. I do enjoy seeing everyone's menus though. So I can't promise I will stay around forever. I am trying to accept this is the direction the board has gone in, but still miss the old way things were too. Don't know if any of that makes sense or not. But when I am absent it is for lack of motivation. But does not mean I am not reading and trying to glean a little information and or motivation too.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

sodacracker Guest

that's interesting Mickee- I have been here for almost 6 years and I remember there was a chat feature but never used it.

Sounds like an in person WW buddy would also be helpful for you - do you know anyone local to you?

Soda - Not anyone local, but do have a WW buddy in Oregon. I am in Texas. We have been friends for years and actually met through a low carb diet site we were both on and were paired up as buddies. From there we went from one diet to another and finally landed on WW. We IM daily and have the same W/I day and report in to each other, share menus, etc.

As far as the online chat, yes I don't remember what they called us exactly but something to the effect of the nut bunch. Anyway, there were about 8 real regulars and then some nights we would get up to 15 or more. We would meet there every night, share success and failures, recipes and encouragement. Our "leader" of that group, or the one that would keep us together has since tried to get it started again, but so many people have left for FB or other sites that it just didn't get off the ground. So I think she has left BCB as well too.

I know you have to move on with the times, but I don't change well. So still yearn for the way things were a few years back. I have been here since about 2003 I think, off an on, not constantly. I will just keep plugging away, I am sure.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Morning, off to spin class. I wanted to say the chat room wasn't my cup of tea simply that I can't type fast. people would be on to the next (or after that) response and I'd be tip, tap, tappy...I wasn't a required course when I was in high school. This read/post is fine for me.
    I also like others meals ideas and just about anything that will help me get to goal

Just adding a message since I read this.
    Teg

21. Default Re: Where are you buddies!? Stop 'reading' threads and post already!

sodacracker wrote:

... the harsh old days of BCB of "don't let the door hit you on the way out if you're off program" are gone .

Are you sure? Last time I tried to start a conversation I got an unwelcome lecture. I found it very discouraging.

Replies

Penny, so what do you want to talk about?
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.

well its snowing here, a clipper blowing thru. I did a courtesy WI and got some sale items but anyways I'm down .4. My official WI is Tues. I was thinking a mid week check will help me stay involved. WW Donna, on Oprah this week, shes doing an interview with Mr. Pollan. I will watch. I am not vegan but try and make conscious choices. I don't believe in factory farming of animals. I'd rather hunt if I wanted meat, not that I do that either

Replies

I am very excited about the Oprah show! She tried vegan before but did not stick with it. Michael Pollan is not the best vegan spokesman (IMO), but he does get booked onto the Oprah show. Kathy Freston will also be on and I am eager to hear her. I have a PT appt at 2pm that day, so I will have my DVR set.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.

Anyone know what day Pollan is on? Why is he not a good vegan spokesperson? (just wondering) I read his books last year. Some good (and some gross) info.
    Teg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast