Thread: SFT Wednesday - how is your plan holding up?

sodacracker Guest

Default SFT Wednesday - how is your plan holding up?

on the fly today - will be back later. DS in better spirits but boy! has he picked up some attitude from his new school. not that we are non swearers, but the casual use of the f word is, according to him, very common. Yesterday he watched two fourth graders have the following exchange for about 5 minutes.

Child 1 "Wear my effin gloves!" "
    Child 2 "I don't want to wear your effin gloves!"

Repeat. A lot.

and they did not say effin
    Last edited by sodacracker; 02-09-2011 at 09:21 AM.

sodacracker Guest

Default Re: SFT Wednesday - how is your plan holding up?

back for a minute before heading out into the COLD.

Writing down the food plan for the week has helped me stay on plan. and that reminds me I am on dinner duty and forgot to put the stuff in the slow cooker! Stove top cooking tonight.

Soda - Sorry about the attitude you DS has picked up. We are very much non-swearing family and that would greatly disturb me. One of the many reasons after 3 schools we decided to home school. Maybe it will get better.

I do think having a printed meal plan in front of me has helped. I have changed it every day but with it in front of me I can see what can or would not hurt to be changed.

We are snow/iced in again which was expected and I stocked up on fruit and veggies so now I have no reason not to eat well and stay on track too.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

sodacracker Guest

stopping at home for lunch on my way to a home visit of a client. I spent an hour with a family this morning and all three kids had colds and within 30 minutes of leaving felt a tickle at the back of my throat. Psychosomatic? Or can you pick up a virus that quick?

mickee - DS is very much into medieval stuff and the noble knight and all of that so I used that as a way to remind him that he does not have to behave as the others. Will keep giving the message.

I am here. I am inspired by the weekly food plan, but not able to do that right now.

I have to clean up the garage, so maybe I'll being i some cans to beans to make a soup.
    Teg

Replies

Finished yesterday a few points over Target. Was under Target the day before by the same amount but I took it out of the WPAs-- well, to be honest, the online tracker took it off automatically. If I were pencil and paper journaling, I'd probably have called it a wash!! *eek*

Today, I was at my Target by lunchtime. I know that I can't just not eat until tomorrow morning, especially seeing as how I was done lunch by noon. I also can't do any exercise to earn APs as I sprained my ankle Monday night when I slipped and fell on some ice in the garage (when will winter be over??!!). So, I defrosted some veggie chile which will make for a very low point dinner. I'll use 3-5 WPAs between now and bedtime. It will mean around 10 WPAs in total but I'm 3 days into my journal week so that still leaves me almost 40 WPAs over the next 4 days. I can do that!!

Soda- I hear from other parents that it's very common to have such swearing going on in the schoolyard. I guess we're fortunate that the kids go to a very small school (JK-6, only around 100 students). There isn't much of that at all going around. And my boys aren't ones to get involved in that dynamic. I don't think Claire's one to swear, especially since she's been trying my patience so much lately that *I've* been the one swearing. Her question to me last weekend was "Why have you started swearing all of a sudden?". My response: "I guess that should tell you how much you've been upsetting me lately!!" LOL
    Kimberley

Soda - I'm not much of a cusser either, kids seem to use it at will lately! Hope your son doesn't catch on ha ha.
    Mickee - I'm terrible at planning my dinners, they change from day to day. Have you thought about always having the same breakfast/snacks in hand? Would be one less thing to worry about!
    Teg - Report back to us soon! We miss you on here!
    Donna - Please let us know how you're doing, I'm thinking of you!
    Kim - 10 WAPs isnt bad. I always have my super high days and my low days, keeps your body from getting used to your caloric intake so you don't plateau as easy.

I'm here to report that I'm still on plan and counting, points might be high this week because I'm starting to workout again and I tend to be super hungry the first week. I also started a brand new job at my work, so the learning curve will have me stressed for the next couple weeks but I'll still make an effort to post often!

I have been reading, and try to say hello each day, but unfortunately I am on a path of "today will be better, oops, today is shot" which is not good, obviously.

I'll be back tomorrow. Thanks for missing me.
    Teg

Michelle - I know that is what 'YOU ON A DIET' says, (Dr. Oz) to have the same thing for breakfast and lunch and vary the dinner. But I just can't do that. It is too boring and I do not use that word often. When DD uses it that is when I give her an additional chore to keep her from being bored. So I like to switch them all up and rarely can I plan the night before for the next day. I like to get up and just say what do I want today. But I am trying to get better about it.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

sodacracker Guest

mickee -planning definitely works when you have to be out of the house all day - but I know on the weekends I plan less and there is more grazing.

Donna - how you doing?
    teg - keep checking in - isn't there a WW saying that the very next bite can get you back On Program?
    michelle- good for you for exercising
    kimberly - 100 kids in a school! Wow - that is great. DS's new one is about 200 and is considered small.

Replies

Dr sent me an email today. He is having a meeting with radiology and othopedics today. Waiting to hear back.
    I am feeling well today!
    Ate some good homemade veg soup for dinner along with a baked apple. Life is good.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Replies

Reporting in to say that I attempted to stick to just fruits and veggies for the rest of the day past lunch but did cave by having some hummus with my carrots (3 WPAs). I'm getting used to using the WPAs on a daily basis instead of just blowing them out in one or two days.

Soda- The kids' school is closing in two years. There are a number of smaller neighbourhood schools in our area and they're trying to consolidate. The ideal model is 400 per school so they're closing the smaller ones every year. There are pros and cons to both. When they're younger, you can't beat the small school. But as they get older, there aren't enough kids for single grades, everything is split, sometimes there's only 1 or 2 kids in the class the same sex as you, there aren't as many opportunities for extra-curricular events when you've only got 5 teachers on staff......
    Kimberley

sodacracker Guest

heading over to the food plans to add in my truthful accounting for some midnight eating last night. Ever scone the Dr told me I can eat again an hour after having my medication I have been struggling with late night snacks. Still OP just have to watch those WPA's. Same thing happened last week, so I need more Power foods available that are ready to eat.

Buddies - for those doing Sifi or Points +, do you find a change in your weight loss?
    Usually when I did WW I would lose a lot of weight and now I'm just seeing ups and downs all the time!
    It's a little overwhelming, and as I just started working out this week, I'm up SEVERAL pounds!

I'm feeling really upset over this, perhaps I'm just over reacting as well.
    Has anyone gone to the old points plan?