Thread: SFT Sunday, February 6 SUPER BOWL SUNDAY

Replies

Default SFT Sunday, February 6 SUPER BOWL SUNDAY

So what are your plans for the game today? Anyone watching?

I am planning out my day ahead of time. Oats for breakfast, salad and bean soup for lunch. Dinner at DD#2's house, will be veggie chili dogs on WW buns. Not certain yet of the rest of the menu, but I already know I will need to be very careful. She could not tell me the dessert, but I am fairly certain is not vegan.

I been reading some things of Ann Esselysten (wife of Dr Caldwell, mother of Rip of Engine 2 Diet fame). She starts every day with oats, dried apple and berries. Has a lunch she calls "veggie bin" which is 6 cups of raw vegetables! She says once you get breakfast and lunch right, you are 2/3 done for the day! She has a green smoothie everyday mid morning or mid afternoon. Snacks are fruit, hummus, raw veg, or popcorn. Wise words, for sure.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Default Re: SFT Sunday, February 6 SUPER BOWL SUNDAY

Morning all!

Woke up to lots of snow again.

I am not planning to watch the superbowl, DH will. It's not a food issue day for us, luckily!

My plan for today is getting the boys a head start on the weeks hoemwork, buying groceries, and then heading to swimming lessons this afternoon. Might also meet a buddy for coffee. Also need to walk Odie.

B: oatmeal
    rest TBD when I look in the freezer / get to the store!

Have a great day buddies!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

sodacracker Guest

Good Morning! A lot of snow unexpectedly last night - so some clean up to do outside. That will be my exercise for today.

We don't watch any sports so no trouble with food today.

Donna, that's a good point that if your first two meals are basically the same every day, then a) it cuts down on food prep time and b) they cover a lot of the daily quotas that we want to get in. Have you looked at the engine 2 book? It has to be special ordered here for some reason.

Everyone has plans today at my house so we will be busy, but with fun things.

I need a focus for the week for my food as last week I went over on WPA'S.

Easiest for me is to try out the idea of having breakfast and lunch roughly the same and all power foods. The other thing I need to do is plan those WPA's and make sure I am in control of them.

Will post later about my plan.

Replies

Good Morning!

Quick check-in right now. I hope to get back here later this afternoon to do personals. Just wanted to report in that I completed my first week back OP and lost 3lbs!! I did wind up eating a schwackload of WPAs yesterday but still wound up with almost 20 left so it's all good. Jeff had us traipsing off in the snow for a couple of hours (and we didn't even have snowshoes to deal with it) so that helped balance things out!!

We got dumped on majorly last night. I don't know where we're going to put it all as the snowbanks were as tall as us back in December and it just keeps snowing, with no melting in between!! The kids have indoor soccer this morning and then the boys have curling this afternoon. I don't know if we're going to watch the Superbowl but we definitely are going to watch Glee tonight if it's not too late!!

In OP news, I don't have a plan for today. I haven't even had breakfast yet. I'll likely have some oatmeal with banana. Then perhaps I'll make some falafel for lunch, or else just make a quick sandwich if I don't have time. My parents did invite us over for dinner tonight but we went over there and made dinner for them last night so I'm not sure if that offer still stands! If so, it will probably be some kind of roast and veggies. I'll load up on veggies but likely won't have any roast as I'm not having my once a month craving for red meat just yet. When I load up on veggie protein, I can hold it back even longer!
    Kimberley

Kim - that's amazing!!! 3 lbs is amazing!

Donna - that plan sounds amazing, I wish I had the self control to be there, but I'm starting with the Dr Weil's Anti-Inflammatory Diet. I've been eating too many carby things.

I'm starting off my week on Sundays, Monday weigh-ins have been really hard with my new work schedule. But I'll report my weigh on Monday to be in sync with all my buddies!

TARGET 29
    0/49 WAPS used - 0 APS earned.
    Breakfast: Huge fruit smoothie with soy milk and Vega 4/29
    Cleaning/Doing Laundry/Snow Removal 2 APs - I'll give myself at least that ha ha.
    Snacks: 1/4 cup almonds (5) and 1/2 a smoothie (2) 11/29
    Lunch-dinner-ish?: BBQ Tofu (8) with green beans with a little salt/earth balance (1) 20/29
    Made Kale chips with a little olive oil and Nutritional Yeast (4) 24/29
    Smoothie (3) 27/29
    Another smoothie, so hungry and had some pretzels (4) 31/29 (2 WAPs used)
    Was starving! Had some of the tofu scramble I prepared for tomorrow (7 WAPs used).
    Last edited by chellybats; 02-06-2011 at 10:22 PM.

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by sodacracker View Post
    Good Morning!

Donna, that's a good point that if your first two meals are basically the same every day, then a) it cuts down on food prep time and b) they cover a lot of the daily quotas that we want to get in. Have you looked at the engine 2 book? It has to be special ordered here for some reason.
    Yes, I do have the Engine 2 book. You can access the whole (or almost) thing online. Try this http://engine2diet.com/the-daily-beet/

On to make oats and berries, and some herbal tea!
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Well, I hate to say this, but I am within 10 miles of the stadium where the super bowl is being played. I hate football and generally sports in general so am bummed it is here, with the added traffic, people, etc. Can't even feel safe getting out today, even if I wanted to, as the traffic will be so horrid it would take hours to get anywhere or get back home. UGH!!!! Just be glad when it is all over. Off my soapbox now.

I did an awful thing yesterday. We had been cooped up for a week, no eating out, which was kind of nice really. So we went to Red Lobster, for the 2 can dine for 29.99 deal. Well of course I over did it, thinking I had 24 WPA left for the week plus regular 29 dailies. but now that shot me to -5 for the week and I gained 2 pounds overnight. I know it is sodium as I was so thirsty I could have drank a gallon of water when I got home and still thirsty today too. Next time better self control.

B-Chobani blueberry yogurt, banana, herbal tea (3)

L-sloppy joe meat on whole wheat pasta (10)

S-Honeycrisp apple

D-steamed veggies, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower with cottage cheese (5)

S-All bran buds and milk (5)
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

A quick hello. We're off to walk the boardwalk today.
    My appetite is still off, but it is not like I am losing a ton of weight. I actually do not want to lose weight this way as it would mean I had to contiinue like this - not healthy. Had a scoop of protein powder ina cold coffee, and just had a handful of seeds. It is 2:30.

I will weigh in tomorrow. Hope to be down, but have a feeling I will be at last week's weight after bumping up and down this week.

Becky - So sorry for the struggles your family and friends are having with the move.
    Donna - That food plan sure sounds like one to keep in mind. I do well when I have a routine for meals and snacks.
    Mickee - Good to plan to be back on track. You can do it.
    Michelle - lol about the point for doing laundry...it all adds up, right!
    Kimberley - 3 pounds! Whoo hoo is right!
    Teg

Teg - are you feeling ill? I wonder why your appetite is down like that!

I did 3 loads of laundry, so it must count for something ha ha, I live on the 4th floor of an apartment too, all that up and down to the basement laundry facility, wow! Plus shoveling all the snow we got last night - I'm sure I could count a few APS.

Mickee - Just keep drinking water and try to flush out the sodium out of there.

sodacracker Guest

Sounds like you are all doing well and focusing on the right things to do
    Kimberly - on the loss - nice
    Michelle - stair climbing is definitely an activity
    teg - I lost weight when I was sick and I agree , not good - I gained it all back as soon as I felt better and had an appetite.
    mickee - i am on a sodium flush today too after salty foods yesterday.
    Donna - thanks for that link - Will relax tonight and do some reading there.

fruit smoothie for breakfast
    oatmeal for snack
    steamed vegetables for lunch
    brown rice and leftover lentils for 3 p.m. "feeling hungry"
    dinner is roasted vegetables and cold cereal with rice milk.

I don't think I am ill. I guess I just got tired of the routine foods that I was loving, and by not stoking the fire in the morning, I haven't been hungry during the day.
    I think I will try to get back to the routine foods tomorrow, even in half portions.
    I wonder if it has anything to do with my cycle. I am at the halfway point.

Actually, I think I need some hydration tonight. Herbal tea would be good.
    Teg