Thread: SFT Saturday Feb. 5

sodacracker Guest

Default SFT Saturday Feb. 5

Happen to be up very late ( for me) so thought I would start today's thread literally at the start of the day as it is just a few minutes past midnight.

As I am not up this late I was not aware that our two cats go berserk at this time of the night.

They are kept in the family room and basement over night and are racing around play fighting, yowling at their cat nip mice and pushing each other out of the way to get through the cat door to the basement. Noisy!

Back again when it is light out

Replies

Default Re: SFT Saturday Feb. 5

Don't know where my post went?

It is not so late here on the West Coast.

My dog is noisy, too. He is playing with his soft squeaky "bobo" toy. Gibbs brings it to me to throw for him, then prances around the room like a horse. Noisy and amusing, I guess!
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Replies

Working on day 7 OP here. I've got almost 40 WPAs that expire today so it's my last chance to plan a bit of a splurge until they reset tomorrow. I don't know that I'll do it but I like knowing that it's there if I so choose!

Cream of brown rice cereal w/soy milk & banana for breakfast.
    Lunch will be mock tuna salad (chickpeas and veggies) sandwich on rye with a pear.
    Dinner is TBD....
    Kimberley

sodacracker Guest

off to DS's swim lesson so back later
    cereal and milk so far and a banan to go

I may have to brave the snow to go out to get dd medicine, but may have it transferred to a closer pharmacy, for safety sake. This is the warmest day we will have for a week and then will dip down again for another week, so better take advantage of it.

B-poached egg, banana, toast, herbal tea (4)

L-Sloppy joe on pasta (10)

D-spinach and mushrooms with feta (1)

S-cottage cheese and all bran buds (9)
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

I'm in a rush, but I'll be back.
    Do you buddies know the points for 1/4 cup of almonds? I kept my WW book at work and don't plan on going back there until Monday.
    I assumed 5-6?

Replies

Yes, I think that 5 points is right!
    Kimberley

Thank you so much Kimberly - I'm trying to plan menus for this whole week and had a snack of Tamari almonds while doing so.

How is the gluten-free eating going? I'm going to be reducing my gluten intake, I get bad intestinal issues when I eat breads, cereals and very...doughy things.
    Is bulgur, soda noodles and brown rice safe?

Replies

Bulgur is actually wheat. I'm not sure about soba noodles. I get confused with them and udon and all the other types!

Gluten is in wheat, barley & rye and all off-shoots.

I'm not gluten-free yet. I'm going to ease back into it. I'm still having whole wheat tortilla wraps or light rye bread. My pasta is either brown rice or another gluten-free type like quinoa, red lentil, buckwheat, etc. I'm just focusing on getting solidly back OP. I still start to panic when I get really hungry so I have to work through the default response of bingeing. Speaking of which, I'm really hungry right now and dinner's at least an hour away so I better get up there and have a snack or else nothing good will come of it!!!
    Kimberley

Hey buddies!

So, I told my 3 friends here yesterday that we are moving, lots of tears. Also found out that my neighbour was up & crying most of the night after I told them it is hard to see how our decision affects those around us.

Had a fabulous time at dinner last night, we were treated like royalty!! Enjoyed some treats (no WPA's left for me I'm sure!) and a healthy main course of chilean sea bass with grilled veggies.

This morning we told the kids about the move, more tears. Their little faces, it was heartbreaking to see. We then headed off to Ottawa to have a nice family day out. There are going to be plenty of ups & downs to come with the kids, but at least they are over the inital shock. We walked 3-4km while the boys skated.

We are having chilli & brown rice for tea...power foods all the way until monday!

Have a great evening buddies!

Becky

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

sodacracker Guest

turned out to be a busy day -

I went to a concert and when I came out at 6, it was a blizzard! Slow drive home and have decided to stay in despite having tickets for another event tonight. We just shoveled and still more snow.

Becky - I hope your kids eventually have a sense of excitement about the move. Cold in Ottawa?

Two weeks ago I planned every meal for the work week and was able to check back and forth here t make sure I stuck to it. This week, I did not plan, and have easily exceeded my WPA's.

So, for the third week I am back to planning exactly what each meal will be and the WPA's.
    I will get this yet!

gluten free people - good luck! It is hard to do - DS was gf for 6 months and whew! what a challenge.

Replies

Hard enough to stay vegan. GF is not for me!

I am back to journaling every mouthful of food. I guess I'm a slow learner.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman