Thread: Wednesday 2nd February - how's your week going?

Default Wednesday 2nd February - how's your week going?

Hey buddies

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Kimberley - hope you made it to the hospital okay, and the test results are good.

B: oatmeal
    L;
    D:

I have an electrician coming today to certify the wiring in the house, as DH has done a lot of it. Just to be on the safe side before the sale! A nearby home sold at $11K over asking this week, bodes well for us!

I then have to head to Home Depot for paint. I refreshed the bathroom trim, and the tape pulled off some of the wall paint (ugh). The leftover wall paint is no good, so I am hoping they can mix me a test pot of the right colour to touch up. I hate the fact that in trying to improve how it loosk I have made it worse!

Dog training has been cancelled due to the snow, so no new things to practice this week!

Have a great day buddies, make it count!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

Default Re: Wednesday 2nd February - how's your week going?

Well, everything is still all frozen and closed here. So I have another day off. So back to cleaning, sorting and organizing I guess.

Kimberely I do hope the testing all goes well and you get the desired results.

My day will consist of no working, cleaning house, and maybe sneaking in a movie or two.

B-Pennsylvania baked oatmeal and hot tea

S-Drinkable yogurt

L-Scallops and pasta with garlic and EVOO.

S-cottage cheese and peaches

D-Potato soup.

Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

sodacracker Guest

Hi everyone!

Not so much snow here, maybe 2", but everything is closed so kids watching a show and I have been dealing all morning with my mom about an incident yesterday where DD was hurt by her comments. Not the first time my mom has clobbered someone with her insensitivity.

sigh - my mom is not so good with feedback about her behaviour so I usually avoid dealing with it. But in this case DD was crying, so for her sake I thought it better to deal with it and not model avoidance. As my DBrother says, our mom needs to come with a sign that says, "I am not responsible for what I say - so watch out!" .

Have only had some pineapple so far and it is lunchtime so off to rustle up a large power foods meal.

Soda: So sorry about that. I hope you can work the situation out satisfactorily. Words can cut hard. I will admit I tease my daughter hard sometimes but she does me too. We jaw back and forth but know neither one means anything by it too. My mom is the one that reprimands me for it sometimes.

It is all icy here, but icy in Texas is different. We are supposedly having some rolling black outs during the day, but so far I have not had one and crossing my fingers to that. It is 14 here which is cold for a Texan, but trying hard to stay warm. Maybe some exercising would help.

Mickee

sodacracker Guest

thanks Mickee - DD is also sensitive so the opportunity for misunderstandings between her and my mom are frequent. We usually ignore it or talk DD through ways to handle it but this one seemed tougher.

Lots of vegetables so far, but need something more filling.

sodacracker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by becky1973 View Post
    A nearby home sold at $11K over asking this week, bodes well for us!
    nice housing market - good luck!

alright, still no BMs, urgh - if by tomorrow there's nothing, I seriously need to go to the Dr. I'm up like 6 lbs! and I certainly didn't eat poorly!

Soda - That's REALLY crappy of your mum, have you spoken to her about being that way? Mine was like that with me for years, but I told her it's certainly not the way to approach people, my mom admitted years afterwards she did it in anger because she was so displeased with herself a sa person so she brought people down to make her feel better.

Becky - that's awesome about the house! Sorry about the paint though, I HATE it when that happens!

Mickee- Stay safe! We're in the middle of a snowstorm right now, I'm just trying to finish some 'work' before heading home! I wish I could even have the slightest bit of motivation to exercise. I was trying to do basic yoga moves and I was SO out of breath, I used to do like 3 hours of yoga a day, urgh!

20/49 WAPs used - 0 APs earned.
    Breakfast:
    Smoothie with almond milk, blueberries, peaches and strawberries and Vega 4/29
    Snack:
    apple
    Lunch:
    Pita and veggies with hummus - I had like 1/2 a cup of hummus, sheeesh! Made my own though! 20/29
    Snack:
    Hot tea.
    Dinner: Had a little broccoli and tofu (3) 23/29
    2 Bowls of all bran and hot teas (12) 35/29
    Had prunes late at night - I had quite a few, so I'll count high. (10) 45/29 16 WAPS used.
    Last edited by chellybats; 02-03-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Michelle: I hope you don't have to go to the doc. I think I have fixed my issues, maybe. The Phillips colon health I think is helping, along with 3 phillips softeners at bedtime, with all bran buds at bedtime and prunes for breakfast. Yes, I know that is a lot of things, but for me without insurance it is much better than going to the doctor. I can see a definite improvement in the last 2 days. Maybe this or some of this could help you too. I drank prune juice daily for like the first 15 years of my life until I was just sick of it. I think at my age, I may have to go back to doing that again too. I have no desire to go to a proctologist.

Mickee

sodacracker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chellybats View Post
    alright, still no BMs, ugh - if by tomorrow there's nothing, I seriously need to go to the Dr. I'm up like 6 lbs! and I certainly didn't eat poorly!

Soda - That's REALLY crappy of your mum, have you spoken to her about being that way? Mine was like that with me for years, but I told her it's certainly not the way to approach people, my mom admitted years afterwords she did it in anger because she was so displeased with herself a a person so she brought people down to make her feel better.
    Michelle, Are you taking anything? Poor you! All Bran? Metamucil, tons of water?

My mom has been told many times that she says things that hurt others, and her response is "they're too sensitive" or "I might as well not say anything then". I protect my kids from her pretty well as she is tough to deal with, although others would find her more like a funny opinionated person.

She is astoundingly obtuse to her own behaviour and after so many years of us saying, "Mom! How can you say that?" and her looking confused and then defensive, I wonder if her capacity for self insight is just not all there?

sodacracker Guest

'nuff about family dynamics - on to my food plan

pineapple and coffee

salad and sauteed vegetables , oatmeal with brown sugar ( 1)

pear, 2 slices lite toast with soy lite cream cheese (1)

pasta with sauce and pesto ( 2)

WPA's 4 25/49 used
    Last edited by sodacracker; 02-02-2011 at 06:21 PM.

I had a large bowl of all bran and I'm feeling some stuff moving in there - being hopeful.
    I feel REALLY guitly for going high in my points, but I'm telling myself once that's regulated i'll get back on track - I'll still count points and just keep chugging along!

Michelle - try drinking some hot tea, a couple of cups as hot as you can drink it (just regular tea works, or herbal tea, coffee etc) one after the other. That can sometimes help things along. A trick from my nursing days!!!

You really need to make sure that if you have increased your fibre you increase your fluids too.

soda - good for you for shwoing your daughter that sometimes you just have to stand up & say something. Good role modelling, and even better parenting.

Mickee - did you get chance to watch a movie?

The snow here is prettty deep, we don't have a clearing service as we have a snowblower - but I don't like to use it. I had to collect the boys from school today as they had been on a trip tubing, and luckily my neighbour came & cleared behind my car with his snowblower. I feel very fortunate in these conditions that I have a fab car to drive on the roads, in the summer i think we don't need 4 wheel drive - days like today I wouldn't be without it!

The electrical inspection went well, just a couple of little changes to make, phew.

Didn't get chance to run any of the errands I needed to do, guess that's what I'll be doing tomorrow.

Lunch was fibre 1 with skim milk, banana
    Dinner will be WW spaghetti with tomato sauce with veggies & chicken.

Have a good evening buddies!

Becky - No movie today. I worked and cleaned then my doctors decided to go to work, unexpectedly so now I am working. DD is saying you promised we would make fudge today and clean some boxes out of her room and make scallops and pasta. So, the pressure is on and no time for fun. Just praying for one more day off or not off but that I don't have to take her to college at least.

Mickee

Replies

quick check-in. not a good day by any stretch of the imagination. we got a dumping of snow, schools were cancelled, jeff had an appt at the hospital to get the holter monitor, both Claire & I have unfortunately synched up with our TOM schedule and it wasn't pretty at all. i'm *way* under points today and won't make it to my target. i had an apple on the way to the hospital. made a batch of oatmeal pancakes for everyone for brunch when we got home. i had some grapes while they were eating lunch. i tried to make a spicy tofu mix but made it way too spicy and had to toss it. i've got a potato in the microwave which might bring me up to 20 points after i put some light sour cream and margarine on it! so, that's 4 days OP and no WPAs used thus far. i don't anticipate eating 50 points per day over the next 3 days so that takes some of the pressure off! lol

* thanks for the support. he's got the monitor until friday. i'm going to insist on another appt with the neurologist to see the results of these tests. the next round is to admit him to the hospital for two weeks, take him off the meds so he starts having seizures and then keep him hooked up to an EEG machine the entire time to try to figure out where they're coming from. i'm not so concerned about the cause of his epilepsy but rather verifying that he doesn't have a degenerative disease like MS (he failed his neurological exam last month so they're concerned that either his epilepsy has caused damage or something else is going on.....)

soda- my dad is like that. he's never going to change. everyone's feelings are always hurt around him. you'd think i'd be used to it by now. i guess i have finally developed a bit of a thick skin. he takes it pretty easy with the kids-- however, the last time they were over for dinner, nathan started talking (he stutters like jeff does) and my dad started to make fun of his stutter. i told him he had one second to shut the heck up or i was going to hit him so hard i'd make him cry like a little girl. it was for his own protection because if i hadn't stopped him cold, jeff would have kicked him out of our house in a heartbeat.

becky- i hope the house sells quickly and at a good profit!! we've got a snowblower and snow tires on our SUV so that does make things easier than it could be.

Mickee- I hope you get that extra day off!

Michelle- When all else fails, I break down and take a laxative...
    Kimberley

Kimberley - what a day you've had. I hope that the tests have good findings. Two weeks in hospital - that will be tough on all of you. You need to eat your points, otherwise the plan won't work!!! Snow tyres have to be on the car by law here in QC.

I am heading off to bed now with a library book.

Good night all!

sodacracker Guest

wow Kimberly, poor DH , hope they let him use his laptop in the hospital when he goes.

DD and I have never synced up re: TOM, thankfully, as she is pretty PMS'y and can be kind of then

Michelle, bet you never thought so many people would be asking after your BM habits .

Just waiting for DS to fall askeep so I can move the cat off his bed and then go to sleep myself.
    see you all tomorrow.