Thread: Tuesday Feb. 1 SFT - snow's a comin'

sodacracker Guest

Default Tuesday Feb. 1 SFT - snow's a comin'

Well that title may be a bit misleading to those of you in warmer climes ( Donna ), but I think a lot of us here are in the path of this massive snow storm on the move.

We have been promised a foot of snow tomorrow but, as my kids say, "they always say there will be a lot of snow but we never get it". We are in a weird pocket that the storms seem to skitter by. A few miles in either direction and deep snow, our neighborhood, a few inches.

Plan for today

B: oatmeal - check
    L: brown rice with lentil ragout, apple and pear - check
    D: vegetarian chili, salad, dressing, toast, ff cream cheese - check
    S: shredded wheat with milk

WPA's 2 (21/49 used)
    Last edited by sodacracker; 02-01-2011 at 07:20 PM.

Default Re: Tuesday Feb. 1 SFT - snow's a comin'

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a snow day Or even a 1/2 work day, I'd be happy.

Also, I noticed something which may be contributing to my 'weight gain' - I thought it was odd I'm like 4 lbs HEAVIER overnight for a couple days.
    My hummus, in a single 2 tablespoon serving has 30% of your daily intake of sodium! I usually have 2-3 servings, so holy salt!
    Has anyone else had this issue with salt?

I'll try to steer FAR away from the super salty hummus this week.

7/49 WAPs used - 0 APs earned.
    Breakfast:
    Smoothie with almond milk, blueberries, peaches and strawberries 3/29
    Snack:
    grapes
    Lunch:
    Bean Burgers with indian spices/veggies and a side of green beans.15/29
    Snack:
    Almonds 4 pts.19/29
    Dinner: Bean burgers were really high in points, so I didn't have couscous. (13) 32/29
    Snack: Smoothie or yogurt with blueberries.
    Last edited by chellybats; 02-01-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Replies

We're in that weird pocket between Lake Huron and Lake Erie that *always* gets snow. I'm totally not ready for another snowmageddon around here. Especially when I have to take Jeff to the hospital tomorrow morning!!

I'm geared up for day #3 OP here. I've got my iPad WW Points Tracker ready to go! Yesterday was vegan and we'll see how today goes.

I'm heading up for breakfast. I think I'd like to make a core oatmeal pancake so will figure out the points.

Lunch is the leftover baked falafel on whole wheat pita with some hummus and bean sprouts.

Dinner is TBD but my default is to make a baked potato with some garlic margarine and sour cream.

So, will aim for a vegetarian day today as my plan includes some non-vegan items!!
    Kimberley

I am here. I guess snow may be comin here, too. We're in NJ. Raining today. Dreary. But can I say I like a good dreary day once ina while.
    If it snows, at least let it be fun play-in-the-snow snow. I owe my kids an attempt at a decent snowman.

I have gotten into a food routine. Just hope it doesn't become a rut and that I get sick of it, but so far it is a feeling and tasting good...
    b-smoothie
    s-rest of smoothie
    l-veggie burger
    d-family dinner

While I am aiming to be a planteater, I did make baked chicken drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with breadcrumbs last nigt and it was AMAZING.

We're off to story time. Be back for personals after lunch.
    Teg

Replies

Good morning. Snow day in North Texas too! I just moved here from Florida, so it's all new to me...including the 5am phone tree to call all the parents at my small preschool to tell them we're closed for the day.

Kimberly -- I like your idea of day at a time labeling. Meat is not really an issue for me, because I don't like it, but other things trip me up (gluten, sugar, too much cheese) and then I kind of give up because "I've already ruined it." I'll try reframing my thinking -- just because I ate gluten today, doesn't mean I have to tomorrow.

Chelly - I wouldn't think hummus would have that much sodium! Wow!

Teg - How old are your kids? A snowman sounds like fun -- although it's so windy here, he would probably fall down!

B- cinnamon chex with soy milk (not my best choice...my husband was eating them at 5 am, so I poured a small bowl too. Gluten free at least!) 3pts
    S- fruit and yogurt
    L- tofu, brown rice, veggie bowl
    S-
    D-polenta?

Replies

Kendra- Meat doesn't tempt me either. I'm very anemic so I physically need to have red meat perhaps once or twice a month. My body lets me know. Most days I could see a hamburger or a piece of roast beef and not have any desire to eat it. But on that one day where all I can think about is eating a burger, I know that my body needs it.

Likewise, I do the same thing, especially with gluten. Your body really does need at least 28 days to process gluten. If I have one day where I eat something, then I get discouraged thinking about how it's going to be in there for that long so what difference does it make what else I eat? Well, it *does* make a difference in how I feel. I struggle to be completely gluten-free and I don't know if I can do it permanently but I can definitely reduce as much as possible and get to a point where I'm *virtually* gluten free.

PS- Add me to the cheese-aholic list. I can give up meat and eggs with next to no struggle. All dairy no problem since I'm sensitive and use soy milk anyway. But cheese is always the stalwart.

Bridget- We haven't made many snowmen this year, which is unfortunate as we've had a record-breaking amount of snow!!
    Kimberley

snow day here in Texas, if you want to call it snow. Of course it Texas it is really fine sleet and we call it snow, but good enough to close the schools and some businesses. I am not moving from my warm heater all day, I hope. I am sitting here sipping hot tea while dd sleeps as the college was closed and I didn't have to take her there either. YEAH!!!! Maybe I won't have any work to do either. Praying my office is closed, as they never let me know if they are or not, I just won't receive any work to do if they are closed. That means lots of house cleaning will get done today, I hope. Maybe wrack up some AP's. I really, really do hate the cold.

B-Pennsylvania baked dutch oatmeal (6).

L-Clam chowder (3) and club crackers (3) glass of milk (4).

D-scallops (2), pasta with garlic and oil
    (5) and french bread(3)

as you see I am having an issue with getting in veggies when I count points.
    Last edited by Mickee; 02-01-2011 at 07:45 PM.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

We're back from story time. I am letting the girls vege away watching TV so I can be online and the house NOT get trashed by the 2 year old at the same time.

Not usre if we're getting the snow. The weatherman - I mean dh - hasn't filled me in on the details yet.

Soda - Glad to hear that your ds was excited about his new school. How was he today?

Michelle - I am like that with salt, too. Good for you for noticing this.

Kimberley - Glad to see you posting again. But, I know it can be hard to keep up in too many places.

Kendrra - My kids are 9-7-5 and almost 3.

Mickee - Did you get off of work afterall? I need to get cleaning, also.

Ladies, I think I am going to take a planned 2 days offline. See you Friday.

Stick to it!
    Teg

Quote Originally Posted by Mickee View Post
    B-Pennsylvania baked dutch oatmeal (6).
    MMM that sounds delicious! What is it?!

Hey buddies!

I am sure I posted here this morning...but it's not here.

More painting for me today, lots of doors to paint!! I have one more coat to do, and also on the bathroom trim. Then I need to tackle the ironing.

Soda - no doubt your kids are hoping for a snow day tomorrow!

Michelle - how about making your own hummus, that way you know exactly what is in it, including how much salt. I make a yummy one with roasted red peppers & a little chilli. A friend brought over a curry one that was nice - I'm guessing a curry spice blend is all that is needed!

Kimberley - hope you don't get too much snow if you have a hospital journey to make tomorrow. Hope it's nothing too serious.

Teg - stick to the plan during your 2 days away from BCB!

Kendrrra - 5am phone tree! Wow!! When my 2 were at preschool the preschool was close dif the school board was closed - so you just had to listen to the radio or check the board website.

Mickee - hope the house cleaning is coming along!!

Right buddies, back to my painting.

Becky

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

Replies

Sunny and 60 here! May have some wind this afternoon.

MRI tonight. Dr thinks I may have a herniated disc. We'll see how long it takes to get the results. Still waiting for the bone scan results. Still off work.

Michelle, the hummus I'm using has much less sodium. Check labels! You can even make your own. Use low sodium canned beans or make your own. I forget-do you have a pressure cooker?

DH has been walking the dog as I can't really do it. Gibbs is sure missing his extended walks. DH only takes him for 15 -20 min, which is not enough for a big German shepherd.

Still vegan, BTW.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Donna - I do hope and pray you get some answers with the MRI and soon. It is terrible you are still waiting on results of the bone scan. UGH!!!! Just not right.

Mickee

Replies

Donna- I hope the tests results come quickly and you get a better idea of what's going on!

Michelle- I make my own hummus as well. Experiment with different herbs and spices!

Bridget- How can you be married to the weatherman? I am! LOL

Mickee- I'm going to trek to the mail box this afternoon and see if the disc has arrived!!

Becky- Jeff has epilepsy and failed his most recent neurological exam in December. His grandfather had a degenerative neuralgic condition following a stroke in his 50's. They're not sure if the seizures have damaged his brain or if it's something neuralgic. We're just hoping it's not something worse, like MS!!
    Kimberley

Donna - hope you get some conclusive results soon

Kimberley - good luck tomorrow for Jeff's testing. That's a lot to have to think about. Sending positive thoughts your way.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

sodacracker Guest

Michelle,

Here is my easy recipe for hummus in a food processor.

I can rinsed chickpeas
    2 tbsp. tahini
    2 crushed garlic cloves
    1/4 cup lemon juice

add water if necessary to get the processor to go smoothly.

salt to taste - or leave out.

sodacracker Guest

no snow yet! DS rated his first day at his new class as 6/10. As a comparison he rated his old class 4/10 ( with 10 being a perfect score) .

I brought home work just in case tomorrow is a snow day.

Off to update my food in my first post.

We had a snow day today, actually ice, inclement weather and have another one tomorrow too!!!! I better go and edit my food as well.

Mickee

Replies

Becky- Thanks! I'm worried as they just issued a blizzard warning. We didn't get one last month and we were snowed in for days so I guess this is going to be worse!

Soda- I like to add parsley and some ground coriander to my hummus as well!

Mickee- Still no disc. I wonder what the customs agents are doing-- watching it to get all the info on the new program?!
    Kimberley

Thanks for the recipe Soda! I noted it in my WW notebook!

Any recipes/remedies for getting regular? I noticed I haven't gone in 4-5 days... that could very well be the reason for the weight gain too!
    I've been doing so well and it's disappointing to see my weight where I started when I know it's not right!

Mikee/Kim - what is this disc? I'm super curious now!

Michelle:
    I am trying Phillips Colon health for regularity. I have had lifelong issues with this and I think with age, it is getting worse. So when I found this product it intrigued me and thought it might help. Also acidophilus I am told will help too but I have not tried that yet.

The disk has WW stuff on it for those that are not members of WW, I shared what I purchased on e-bay. It has the getting started guide and 2 other books and lots of charts, cheat sheets, power food list, corrections, etc. So we have had a mailing tree and sending it around to some BCB members that wanted to use it.

Mickee

Replies

TOM is imminent and my stomach is upset. I didn't have time/energy for dinner tonight. I am currently drinking 1 litre of hot chocolate to get to my Target tonight. I needed a bit of a sugar pick me up and this is a great way to get the taste in a diluted form. A chocolate bar would be the same amount of points but I'd finish that off in less than a minute and go trolling for more. This way gives me the same taste but also fills me up. I'm sure that I'll be up peeing a lot tonight but it's worth it right now!

Michelle- Are you getting in your daily oil/enough healthy fats? You need fat to lubricate the intestines/colon to eliminate, fibre to bind it all together and water to wash it all out!

Mickee- Acidophilus is great to get the good bacteria working in the gut!
    Kimberley

Kimberley thank you for the confirmation on the acidophilus. I may add that a bit later. I am trying this Phillips Colon Health that I think is new on the market. It claims to have the 3 probiotics that you need for good colon health. We will see if it works or not. Just really trying to save myself an unnecessary doc visit, as I have no insurance.

Mickee

sodacracker Guest

Michelle,
    Years ago I had problems related to constipation to the point that I was seen at a specialty clinic.

Their advice was to eat a 1/2 cup of the original All bran at bedtime with any milk you like and have a large glass of water.

Alternatively they recommended plain wheat bran in your food 1/4 cup a day with lots of water. I sometimes added it to oatmeal but prefer the All Bran option. I eat it now as an early evening snack on top of some shredded wheat.

Kimberly and Donna - good luck with the medical tests

Thanks for all your tips buddies! I think it might be because I had yogurt for the first time in almost a year as well - although it's a probiotic.
    I do have a lot of healthy oils in my diet and fiber intake is good, but I do find that the physillium(sp?) in the All Bran worked wonders for me in the past.

I ended up eating 2 bowls of a SUPER high fiber organic cereal, followed by some hot tea; I was in pain last night - but at least it got things going a little.
    I'll have some all bran and stick to my smoothies with VEGA and some steamed greens until things get regulated again.

sodacracker Guest

and lots of water!