Thread: Free on-line weight watchers????

Default Free on-line weight watchers????

Hi, I haven't been around in a while... I'm a mother of 5 and unemployed at the time... we do have foodstamps so food has been my only outlet... anyway when I did WW before i always used the core program..... I keep seeing the new advertisments so ... I've been searching online trying to figure out how many points I am allowed to eat daily but I'm not finding where to sign up for free (I thought there was a 7 day trial) ... there seems to be a catch on all of them. You either have to pay for 3 months or you have to pay for meetings, neither of which I can do. If I am missing something could you please help direct me to the right place. Thanks so much!
    I can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally 185 and lost all the way to 130 thanks to WW...... then I had an oops......

SW 164
    CW 164
    GW 137

Default Re: Free on-line weight watchers????

awww that's sad.. i just looked at my old stats now

SW 164
    CW 164
    GW 137
    Originally 185 and lost all the way to 130 thanks to WW...... then I had an oops......

SW 164
    CW 164
    GW 137

Replies

With the new Points Plus program WWers has tightened up on anyone being able to get "free" information. About the only way to get the new program information is to attend a meeting, or sign up Online. Right now meeting registration is "free", so for the cost of one meeting (somewhere between $12 - $14) you can get the Getting Started book, which contains the program information and have a leader go through the program with you. You would also need to purchase the points plus calculator ($5.95 in most areas) at the minimum.

If you still have materials for an older version of the program you might just want to continue following that. The older programs still work.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

Beclisa - I just sent you a PM about the program. Let me know what you think.

Mickee
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Replies
    Blog Entries

If you go to the home page (www.weightwatchers.com), there's a link on the bottom right side for a free week trial. You have to cancel it yourself on the last day, otherwise you're enrolled in it for 3 months, but it's free as long as you cancel it before that last day. Once you sign up, go to your account information page so you can see what day you have to cancel by.
    ~quix

http://musingsofanovereater.blogspot.com/

SW: 294 (12/21/10)
    CW: 261 (6/6/11)
    GW: 190

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by quixotic_hope View Post
    If you go to the home page (www.weightwatchers.com), there's a link on the bottom right side for a free week trial. You have to cancel it yourself on the last day, otherwise you're enrolled in it for 3 months, but it's free as long as you cancel it before that last day. Once you sign up, go to your account information page so you can see what day you have to cancel by.
    If you decide to do this, which might be a great way to find out a bit about the new Points Plus program, just remember that after one week you will have none of the tools. You'll know your daily points target, but that will be it as you won't have access to the food database or the points plus calculator.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

Replies
    Blog Entries

I second Luanne, do the old program so you can figure points with the slider. If you don't have the old materials, just find someone that is doing the new program and probably they will just give you the old ones.
    Esther
    Goal 160
    Current 177.0
    Just do what you know to do!

There is a free online calculator. If you will contact me I may be able to send you the new materials too.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Thanks so much... i found what i think is the "old" system calculation and based on my stats my points would be 24, i'm female, 38, 5'3 and 164.. it may seem that the older point system is easier for me???? idk i'm a creature of habit, i hate change, ha... not that i ever did the point system, i'm gonna do a lot of research here... I always did the core before when i started in 1996.. but i don't know.. i think i need something else, i am really enjoying eating food too much right now.. (not that that has anything to do with anything) anyway... thank you thank you

SW 164
    CW 164
    GW 137

The old program will still work. The new program seems better to me as far as being able to snack on fruits and eat more filling food w/ a higher points allowance (but I think it's still pretty much based on COMMON SENSE.

I had success with the old one when I did it faithfully. There is probably a ton of free info out there on the old program.
    =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
    SW 232 CW 225 (-7) GW 130
    =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
    Started Again 1/2011This Time For Keeps
    my blog:
    http://wizzyswandrings.wordpress.com