Thread: SFT 25/365 Tuesday - Repeat or try again

sodacracker Guest

Default SFT 25/365 Tuesday - Repeat or try again

If yesterday was a success for you, repeat. If yesterday was a challenge, try again.
    Following my food plan and it worked yesterday.
    Will check in later today as I am up next for the shower (one bathroom house).
    Oatmeal on the stove, spinach, blueberries and a banana waiting to be blended for a family smoothie ( gets those greens into the kids)

More later - have a great day.

Default Re: SFT 25/365 Tuesday - Repeat or try again

Today is a redo for me.
    My goal is to NOT use over 3 WAPs in the end of the day. I like to eat more of my weeklies, but yesterday was way above what I should've eaten. I know my period leaves me hungry, but I could've had fruit instead of tofu. I'll plan more accordingly today!

11 WAPs used - 0 APs earned.
    Breakfast: Smoothie with Vanilla Soy Milk, Blueberries, Strawberries and Peaches (3) 3/29
    Snack: Banana
    Lunch: General Tao's Tofu with Broccoli (veganized) - (2) rice, (2) tofu, (1) oil. (1) sauce 9/29
    Snack: 10 almonds (5) and tea later 14/29
    Dinner: Indian Spiced Chickpea Cutlets with green beans 27/29
    Snack: Banana Ice Cream 5 pts 32/29
    handful of pretzels 1 pt 33/29 [4 WAPs used]
    Last edited by chellybats; 01-25-2011 at 09:13 PM.

Morning all!

It's still cold here today, so DH took the dog for a quick walk around the block. I do miss my 30 mins morning walks!

Plan for today....trip to Ikea to get oil for the wooden counters, meet with a real estate agent for her pricing suggestions, and prep for painting this weekend. Our neighbour decided that this weekend would be better than the one after - so I need to get busy! I took all the pictures down last night, and packed up a lot of the crystal glassware from the buffet/hutch. Still more to do though if we're going to get it ready to paint by 8am Saturday! Have to appreciate our neighbours though...how many people would offer up their weekend to paint someone else's walls & ceilings?! Especially as he knows why!

Food...

B: oatmeal
    L: lentil soup (homemade)
    D: probably tuna fish cakes with tomatoes & mushrooms

snacks: fruit (reminds me, need to buy more!)

Have agreat day buddies, make it count!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

These focused threads are the BEST. Thanks so much for setting these up!

Change from yesterday...As I was preparing dinner a little later than I had planned (which is why I did not have an afternoon snack), I really had low blood sugar, so I just "went for" food to help. Now, in the past, I would have started eating and not stopped, so I did better yesterday. I grabbed a clementine so that was good, then some cashews, but then some m&m's - not a lot, but no one really NEEDS an m&m. I can address this better next time.

Ohhh, I love being reflective!

Today's area to be aware of is that I go to story time with the girls from 10-11. Coming out of this, I have had the low blood sugar blues the past few weeks. So today I will blend a banana, protein powder, coconut milk smoothie and drink about half on the way over and finish the rest as soon as I get in the car. That can count as my mid morning snack.

The one not great choice was that I already had a protein powder iced coffee since I didn't fell like eggs today. I do try to keep it to one scoop of powder a day to keep some variety in my diet.

8:30 - coffee, coconut milk, protein powder
    9:45 - half of a smoothie - coconut milk, powder, banana, 4 strawberries
    11:10 - rest of smoothie
    1:30 - chickpea spinach veggie burger on flatbread
    4:00 - pb pretz and cashews, then buckwheat and 2 eggs
    6:00 - not really anything except a few bites of chicken as I was cutting it up for dinner
    CW 142.6
    Last edited by Tegteg; 01-25-2011 at 09:22 PM.
    Teg

sodacracker Guest

teg I find I need a planned snack too or I can dive into candy and cookies. Becky - I so do not envy you having to paint this weekend but you will at least have some nice company - speaks well of you as neighbours that they will help

michelle - I have my period too and yesterday tried just not eating anything that was a trigger food. If I try a moderate amount I go overboard too easy.

Planned more snacks today as I was hungry yesterday. Added some ff cheese just now as I am off to do some home visits, and will have a late lunch, so see ya' all later.

Still just flying by the seat of my pants. But will update as the day progresses.

B-LF cottage cheese (3), blueberries and green tea.

L-chick-fil-A Harty chicken soup (4), 6 saltine creacers (2), unsweetened ice tea

D-Inside outside egg rolls (4), rice noodles (2)

As you can see, I did not even use up the 29 points for the day. I do not think counting is going to work for me.

Last edited by Mickee; 01-25-2011 at 09:46 PM.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Replies

GOOD Morning, Every Buddy.

The memorial service was on Friday and exceeded my expectations. It was beautiful and simple and made me feel very good.

I am wanting to incorporate exercise (again) and went on my 45 minute pack-walk with DH and Dpup (brisk pole walk) yesterday. It's going to take awhile before I'm "looking forward" to exercise again. It takes awhile to make that happen.

Did great on foods til evening yesterday. But I'm back on the horse this morning. Evenings are my hard time. I think my food environment is clean. I just need to "manage" my after-dinner time.

My vertigo worsened last Thursday. I'm still having to pay attention to it, although it seems to be getting better...slightly.

Donna, I hope you're doing okay. Let us know what you find out.

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

sodacracker Guest

Hi Carol - glad you could check in and that Friday was a meaningful ceremony for your mom.

I would like to try pole walking ,too, Do you use them because of the vertigo issues as well as increased heart rate?

Mickee - no more flying by the seat of your pants. Set down on the runway and file a flight report. We will be looking for your plan.

Soda - You are too funny!!! I rarely have a plan for anything, last of all myself. The only thing that is constant is I work 24/7.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by sodacracker View Post
    Hi Carol - glad you could check in and that Friday was a meaningful ceremony for your mom.

I would like to try pole walking ,too, Do you use them because of the vertigo issues as well as increased heart rate?
    Actually, both. When I first started walking (after the big V) I had to hold onto DH's arm. Then I switched to walking poles. They are wonderful! It was when I first started feeling ve-ry secure and supported. I really think they helped me improve. AND I was able to walk faster and more confidently (and I'm sure my heart rate was higher because of that). Now a "regular" walk just doesn't seem as much fun. (Or maybe they're my security blanket... )

I got the blue Exerstriders. I love them. If you ever call them to ask questions or order, mention my name: Carol in Oregon (with vertigo). LOL! I hope to add them as an affiliate on my website (whenever DS gets the time).

A friend told me they're The Rage in Europe.

P.S. I do want to add: it probably took me twice as long to use them because of the Big V. It was about 5 times before I consistently/completely "got" it. I'm sure that's longer than average.

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

sodacracker Guest

looking at the site right now - will see if there is a Canadian source.
    Thanks!

Thinking of you, Carol.

Ok, I ran up here to try to explain how I feel at his time of day. Sort of anxious, I guess. Now, to be fair, this is the witching hour for all children everywhere, and I have 4 of them. This is also the time when they are all together after the two olders being at school all day. This is the time to make dinner and get homework monitored, get showers done, and be loving and kind....EVEN WHEN THEY ARE BICKERING. (They are good kids, but they ARE siblings!)

On the way to pick dd up at club, I had 5 if those pb stuffed pretzels and a small handful of cashews in a container - so I ate them. Got home 15 minutes later and still feeling this way. Decided to make eggs and buckwheat quickly in a pan with 1tsp if jelly on it (sounds gross, but GOOD), and came up here to ket it get in my system.

The thing is, this is the time of day when I will go for a beer, which I have no probelm with, but I don't want to NEED a beer to take care of this.

Anyhow, just wanted to try to work through this.

Suggestions?
    Teg

sodacracker Guest

tough time of the day, for sure.
    Couple of options

1) build the points for the beer and recognize that it is part of this stage of life. I used to do that with a small glass of wine every evening.

2) You are also tired at that time for the day so build in a small rest for yourself , this can even be with a child. I used to, on my most frazzled days, arrive home with kids and no dinner and everyone just over loaded with all that had to be done and we did......

nothing!

we would all just flop on the floor or sofa and lay there relaxing with no agenda, not much talking and do nothing. Often they draped themselve around me and we just held hands and after 10 minutes or so we all felt relaxed and ready to move on.

Thanks, Soda. I think I need to incorporate both of those great ideas. Just thinking about trying the down time makes me feel relaxed already.

Have agreat night everyone. I am off to bed with dd's Nancy Drew book. (It is a modernized one. I want to go back and read the originals, too.)
    Teg

sodacracker Guest

13 WPA's tonight on a wee bit of wine (1/4 cup) plus some veggie pate on cornbread.
    I was tired and stayed up watching netflix and then ate. See how the two are tied together? Solution? Sleep when tired.

going to sleep now - see you tomorrow. It was a good food day for me.

Donna, if you are out there, how are you doing?