Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where are you buddies!? Stop 'reading' threads and post already!

Default Re: Where are you buddies!? Stop 'reading' threads and post already!

Teg - he's not vegan, but I think his thoughts of whole food eating is amazing.
    He believes in knowing where your meat comes from and knowing what's behind the label, is food really REAL food, etc.

Although he isn't veg - I still respect his thoughts!
    When is this show on?

I'm not even sure why Oprah is doing this, she went vegan for 21 days and just gave it the boot. She was so healthy at one point and now...well...

it also gets the message across to be more aware of what/where/how the food is produced. Tegteg, its on Tues. Oprah. Off topic but I heard how walmart was making (or going or make) an effort to have more organic cheap produce available.
    lose 7.6 by Oct 2019

Replies

Right, Michael Pollan is not vegan, but he does propose eating whole foods. As I understand it, the show is on Tuesday.

My Walmart has already brought in more local, inexpensive produce. I have been doing some shopping there, as I want to encourage them.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Harper View Post
    sodacracker wrote:

... the harsh old days of BCB of "don't let the door hit you on the way out if you're off program" are gone .

Are you sure? Last time I tried to start a conversation I got an unwelcome lecture. I found it very discouraging.
    Hmm...doesn't sound encouraging for you...try chatting with us folks here on the SF board in the daily, we're a friendly bunch!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

... the harsh old days of BCB of "don't let the door hit you on the way out if you're off program" are gone .

Are you sure? Last time I tried to start a conversation I got an unwelcome lecture. I found it very discouraging.
    I will agree, I wonder about this too. That is why I left for about 2 years. Was the particular treatment from a particular member and the way she treated everyone not just me. I later found out she had left the site but last time I was able to be in a chat, she was there again and up to her old tricks. That has been about a year ago, so maybe that behavior is gone. I do hope so.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Replies

Hi Buddies!
    I'm still reading and I'm always glad to "hear" what my buddies have to say. I do miss some of the old "regulars", you almost feel we know each other and have been long-time friends . The real reason I stopped posting is, I'm so confused with the points-plus program. I'm trying to get to a meeting so I can get the new info, but I'm still following the old way until then. Most people talk about the new program and the points are so different . So, right now I feel I don't have much to offer. I am talking to my director about having a Weight Watchers at work. So far 5 people are interested, so keep your fingers crossed! As soon as I get the new info I'll jump right back in! Thanks for all your continued support buddies!
    *Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Replies

Linda, when we did WW At Work, we needed 19 people! The rules may be different in your area.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Linda!!! Hello!!! I wondered where you were these days!!!

Lovely to 'see' you!!

Good luck getting WW @ work started. It would be good to have your colleagues on the program too, lots of support for each other.

Becky

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

Hi All,

I have found that I have a groove going, and don't "need" the support from different pages as much. When I first was trying Core, I found the forum really useful, but it has been years now, and I don't have as many questions. I still visit Getting Back to Goal daily to check in and read what ppl are doing, but I guess my needs have evolved since the times when I wanted to check in and write 10 posts a day!

I still am glad to be here and read and have this thread available, though, so rock on!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12