Thread: SFT 21/365 - Friday, finally : )

sodacracker Guest

Default SFT 21/365 - Friday, finally : )

Felt like a long week - I can tell my resolve starts to need bolstering after a few days into the week. Last night I had the late night munchies which I have been able to successfully resist earlier in the week. Still had the points but did not like that feeling.

Off work today but getting a haircut and using a xmas certificate for a manicure and pedicure ( the manicure will last until I leave the store, knowing me )

the only food planned so far is oatmeal as I still have some leftover cooked cereal in the fridge.

Today is another day to make better choices. Give us an example of one you made or something you resisted today

Carol? I think today is your mom's funeral? Take care (())

Default Re: SFT 21/365 - Friday, finally : )

Good morning Soda!
    I'm jealous of you getting a haircut! I've been needing one for awhile - I've been cutting my own bangs ha ha!
    Although, I'm with you on the manicures, I MIGHT last a day if I'm not doing dishes or painting artwork, but otherwise - I ruin my nails within a 24 hour timespan.

Carol - if today is your mother's funeral, my thoughts are with you and your family/loved ones -big warm hugs-

I want to keep going strong this week, the scale keeps creeping down REALLY slowly, but I just need to stay positive and assume it's my upcoming period. I'm feeling really gassy/bloated. urgh! Maybe TMI, sorry.

TARGET 29
    29 WAPs used - 1 APs earned

Breakfast: Just fruit this morning 2 pears and a green tea.
    Snack: Apple
    Lunch: 2 cups couscous (8) with peas and beans with tofu (4) and lime/chili sauce (1)with green onions and I'll count (2) for the oils. 15/29
    Snack: Will need to do groceries tomorrow, we're in white-out mode!
    pretzels with honey mustard 19/29
    Dinner: Cereal with almond milk 29/29
    Snack:
    Last edited by chellybats; 01-21-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Morning buddies

More real estate agents today, so have just washed the floors....again! We are getting an inspector in next week, as we have a bulge in the wall...probably just warped wooed, but we have decided to be pro-active & find out now, rather than when a potential buyer gets an inspection. We uhhmmed & aahhed for a bit, but DH & I are both epople who would rather face up to something rather than burying our heads in the sand - so we are going to get it checked & hope for the best. If it's the worst it could be foundation damage, so fingers crossed. These stresses are challenging my healthy eating plan, as I am an emotional eater, but so far so good.

I'm heading out for coffee with a friend - also a good opportunity to pass on a big box of hand-me-downs for her sone. Recycling at it's best!

So far,

B: oatmeal
    L
    D: baked 'fish & chips' - SF style! (my kids love 'fish & chip Fridays' - you can take the kids out of England but you can't take England out of the kids!

I have already decided that when i get to the cafe I will have a non-fat latte. No baked goods. I have eaten a good filling breakfast. That is what I am resisting today Soda!

Carol - my thoughts are with you & your family. (((hugs)))

As for manicures....maybe one day I'll stop biting my nails....one thing at a time.....

have a good day - make it count!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

sodacracker Guest

Becky,
    I would do the same if I was selling my house. We always get an inspection but nicer if the owner has a report to show about that something that looks suspicious.

I do not envy you - selling and moving are stressful. We moved about 18 times when I was a kid and I kept that up on my own until DH and I settled in our current house ( 10 years!) .

btw was at a Tim's yesterday and almost ordered a donut but thought about you resisting sweets at a Tim's earlier in the week ( see the power of the internet!) and just ordered a tea.
    Last edited by sodacracker; 01-21-2011 at 07:21 PM.

Where is everyone?! GB, Kim, Donna, Mickee, Teg Teg
    We need all our buddies!

sodacracker Guest

yeah, if you are not posting, what's up?

Is it too much busy life stuff?

Not a good fit?

Too boring?

Not relevant?

Scary?

Not scary enough ?

Just asking, to see what we need here to keep people posting

Quote Originally Posted by sodacracker View Post
    Becky,
    I would do the same if I was selling my house. We always get an inspection but nicer if the owner has a report to show about that something that looks suspicious.

I do not envy you - selling and moving are stressful. We moved about 18 times when I was a kid and I kept that up on my own until DH and I settled in our current house ( 10 years!) .

btw was at a Tim's yesterday and almost ordered a donbut but thought about you resting sweets at a Tim's earlier in the week ( see the power of the internet!) and just ordered a tea.

I replied earlier...but it's not here...

Anyway, your resistance at Tim's goes to show that we can inspire & motivate each other even without meeting! The power of cyber-space!

Wow!!! You have moved a lot! DH & I have moved Uk - Canada - Uk - Canada, last move 10 yrs ago. Time for a change!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

sodacracker Guest

B: hot cereal

L: pasta, bean burger, raw spinach, pear

D: bean burger cut up and sauteed with spinach, brown rice and cabbage with taco sauce

S: 7 WPAS's

Resisted the following
    1) chocolate
    2) free cookie samples at 7 - 11
    3) peanut butter on a bagel ( chose to make a proper supper instead of picking the fast and easy pb sandwhich)

also jumped up and did my 1 minute muscle resistance upper body exercises , which made DD laugh, but hey, it's more than I did last week!

Replies

Sorry, it's still insane here. DH will be home at some point tomorrow so that will definitely help!

TBH, I haven't done a very good OP job this week. I've had my successes and failures. Today, I pulled into the Tim Horton's drive thru but the line was so long that I turned around and left. That was a victory! I also chose to make baked potatoes for dinner tonight (instead of another fast-food meal) as Lucas has expressed to me that he wants to watch what he's eating and lose a couple of pounds. I even bundled up and walked down to the school this afternoon to walk home with him. That being said, my breakfast was atrocious (creamsicles). Lunch was pretty good-- Nepalese veggie momos.

Yesterday had some success for dinner as well since we went to Subway. The night before was Costco but I bought a box of sushi instead of the hot dog/fries. The sushi was horrible though so I wound up having creamsicles for dinner that night. It's been WAY too hit or miss.

Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that I'd still have to cook for DH & the kids, I'd buy the Nutri-system deal every day of the week. No thinking involved-- just eat what they give you. Once I got that under control, I'd be able to handle my own freedom. Definitely not ready for it right now!!
    Kimberley

Well, I am reading but not posting. The reason is short and sweet. I have fallen off the wagon and am becoming a pac man going through the house and fast foods too. Saying tomorrow I will get back on track, but have not done it yet. Monday is w/i day and I may try counting points next week and see if I can wrangle myself back onto some plan. UGH!!!! I hate myself when I do this. I hope to be back with you on Monday.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

sodacracker Guest

post anyway people

heck, who else will "get" what you are going through except another bunch of fat losing ( and re-losing for some of us! ) fellow WW'ers?

But I get it, I have also stepped away from here at times, mainly because it feels like you can't write freely about what you are eating or you feel guilty.

In that case just tell us about your day

I think despite being off the wagon or too busy, just keep counting or at least marking down what you eat and understand why you made those choices.
    I made the mistake to try getting back on WW and then feeling like I wasn't doing well enough, fell off the wagon and gained 15 lbs.

I've recommitted in December, and I still have a lot of ups and downs, I need to relearn what works best for me in the program and even if I gain 5 lbs one week, I'm closer to understanding where I am.

Buddies - you're all worth it. And we all need one another's support!