Thread: Going to Simply Fondue - HELP

Default Going to Simply Fondue - HELP

My daughter is having her 18th b-day at Simply Fondue. What could or should I eat that would be reasonable point wise. I only have the 49 WPA, so don't want to blow them all on one meal, but want to enjoy the occasion too. I cannot find NI on this particular place but wanted to know about fondue in general, which I do realize is not a good WW choice.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Replies

Default Re: Going to Simply Fondue - HELP

Steer clear of the cheese fondue-- between the cheese and the bread, your points will be gone. You can get the Chinese fondue, which is a beef broth with slivers of beef. You stick the beef into the broth and then dip it into various sauces. There's no fat on the meat so all of that should be Core and you'd just have to count the points for the dips (or smuggle something Core in-- like a homemade bean dip). That will free up points for the obligatory chocolate fondue for dessert. Skip all the sweet dippers (marshmallows, etc) and stick with fruit so you just have to count the points for the chocolate!! Wow-- you could potentially go to a fondue restaurant and everything would be Core except for the chocolate!! They might even have a sugar-free chocolate fondue (for the diabetics) which would lower the points even further....
    Kimberley

Default Re: Going to Simply Fondue - HELP

I am a diabetic. it is coming into control now that I am doing what I was told, diet and exercise. So steering clear of the sugary stuff is a normal occurrence. That is not too hard for me, but the bread that is a different story.

I have never been to a fondue place so had no idea what to chose. Thank you for all the suggestions. It will help me when ordering for sure. It is just dd an myself so just hate to spoil her day. 18 is a big b-day ya know.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130