Thread: SFT 15/365 Super Powers Saturday !

sodacracker Guest

Default SFT 15/365 Super Powers Saturday !

Good Morning!
    Bit of a challenge last night hosting a meeting. I ate some baked crackers, bean dip a cookie and 2 chocolates. Will do some extra activity today but understand that I can not earn enough to cover what I ate.

Today is grocery shopping day which will make it even easier to stay on plan. Our fridge needs filling with power foods.

DS off to swim lessons soon - he hates them, hates us for "signing me up without even asking! It's my body!" .

Will check in later .
    Last edited by sodacracker; 01-15-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Default Re: SFT 15/365 Super Powers Saturday !

Well I got up to a very pleasant surprise. I checked my blood sugar first thing, as I usually do, and this morning it was 90, yes 90. Normal!!!!!! First time it has been that low in almost ever, since being diagnosed with diabetes!!!! That is definitely the motivation I need to stay on track. It had been coming down slowly but wow never dreamed it would be below 100.

B-Greek yogurt and strawberries

L-Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans

D-Eating out after the play, popcorn shrimp and french fries with cherry mustard. I am guessing as no NI is available to count about 15 points.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Replies

My scale is down one pound this morning! I may be on to something here!!!!!
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

That is wonderful Donna!!! Hope your leg is still continuing to improve.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Replies

Yes Mickee, I leg feels better today than it has felt all week. Thank you.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

sodacracker Guest

Nice news from both of you

snowing here - looks beautiful and I can do some activity shovelling

going to make butternut squash,black bean and chestnut burgers today, IF they are good will post the recipe.

Donna- are you using the Vitamix much?

Hi there, ladies. Hope everyone is having a powerful day.
    I don't usually come online on weekends, but had a chance while I ate lunch.

Feeling so good wit hthis improved eating, I have to tell you. My energy is more consistent, as are my moods. It actually makes me feel terrible guilty that I was the was I was for so long. I find that to be an effect of making an improvement in life...having to face the guilt of having been another way for so long. This is also the case with being more patient and tolerant with my children.

Anyhow...

B-smoothie of protein powder(2), froz banana, strawberries; coffee and coconut milk (1?)
    s - not today
    L-2 (was it 3?) scrambled eggs, 1/2 cup mixed hot cereal of oats and wheat berries, huge green smoothie of 2 cups frozen chopped kale, some froz fruit
    s - TBD - plan for applesauce and walnuts
    D - going on a date with dh to a salad place and a movie. Looking forward to a healthy dinner.

Soda - Hope the swimming went uneventfully and that there were plenty of power choices at the food store. Too bad about tlast night, but great that you are facing it and moving on.
    Mickee- Whooo-hooo baout the blood pressure. I did not know that you are diabetic. I think I have been eating a more diabetic diet and it is really helping. I would love any suggestions you have.
    Donna - Way to go!
    Soda - You make the most delicious sounding burgers. Are these experimants or recipes? Good for you for keeping the variety up.

Ok, girls, I have a house to clean (God help me, please) and a date at 5:00. I have a sassy new haircut and everything.

PLANNING (not hoping or wishing) for one more pound to melt away by Monday or Tuesday morning to keep me in schedule for June.

SW 144 - CW 143 - GW 123 by June. One pound at a time. Just. One.
    Teg

I'm back this week - work was super stressful, so I'm ready to start a new week!

My weigh in is officially at 182.2 lbs, which I'm not too happy about :\ but I just need to focus on my diet and take some time to work out.
    0 WAPS used - 0 APs earned
    Breakfast/Lunch: BBQ tofu with spiced rice/beans and veggies - I'll count an additional 3 WAPs for the BBQ sauce and oil.
    Snack: Pretzels and veggies with dip 4 WAPs.
    Dinner: TBD, I really need to do groceries :\

Replies

Soda- I didn't give the kids a choice. Everyone takes swimming lessons until they've passed level 4. Claire & Lucas kept going to level 10 and then they did swim team (both passed when they were 9 but you can't do bronze star until you're 12).

Donna- Congrats on the loss!

Michelle- Sorry about the stress at work. Hang in there!

Mickee- Great news about the blood levels!!!

Bridget- Have fun on your date!!! I used to find that clean eating would make a huge difference in how I was feeling. That's what's so difficult right now. I'm just "off" all the time, not matter what I'm eating. Jeff bought a carbon monoxide detector as he thinks that our levels might be off. We have an air exchange system (LifeBreath) in the house but we rarely turn it on in the winter because it dehumidifies and we're already using the humidifier on the furnace. Maybe that might be the cause of my inertia and depression!!!
    Kimberley

sodacracker Guest

checking in -
    Michelle, glad you could post even though this week has been harsh at work.

Kimberly - DSwas once at level 5 but skipped two years of lessons and this is a set of private lessons at the university to just focus on endurance and ability to stay in deep water, for a long time, safely, so I can rest a little easy when he is at camps or on vacation.

my lesson this week was that the days the house was clean of trigger foods we all made good choices even if the kids complained. There are crackers and nice bread here today, b/c of last night's meeting, and so I ate a lot of bread today.
    This morning I threw out the leftover candy and pop from last night, but bread seems so basic and everyone here can eat it that it seemed nuts to waste it.

I may have to go back to my previous weigh loss strategy of only buying the lite breads for the whole family, despite the $$ cost, so at least that is the only choice.

I am slowly losing the Xmas gain. 4 pounds more to go to get where I was in early December.