Thread: subway salad question

Default subway salad question

O.K. I had a subway salad today. I had turkey breast which supposedly is a power food. I had double portion of turkey. Do I count the second portion or not? I didn't and don't think I should as it was a power food. But I also saw somewhere where double meat points too. I did end up with a totally SFT meal and didn't count anything unless I need to count the second portion of meat.

Thanks!
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Default Re: subway salad question

Quote Originally Posted by Mickee View Post
    O.K. I had a subway salad today. I had turkey breast which supposedly is a power food. I had double portion of turkey. Do I count the second portion or not? I didn't and don't think I should as it was a power food. But I also saw somewhere where double meat points too. I did end up with a totally SFT meal and didn't count anything unless I need to count the second portion of meat.

Thanks!
    I'm no expert, but power food or not, it is still an additional X ounces of turkey, and I would count the points.

Deborah
    -------------------------------------------------
    To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    Gay/Lesbian Issues
    http://rslevinson.com/gaylesissues

Thank you. I do SFT (simply filling technique) so do not count power foods at all, only count things that are not on the power food list and use my 49 WPA or APs for those. That is why I posed the question.

Mickee

Thank you. I do SFT (simply filling technique) so do not count power foods at all, only count things that are not on the power food list and use my 49 WPA or APs for those. That is why I posed the question.
    Aha! Mea culpa. SFT is not my thing. Hope somebody responds for you! (But if you don't have to count power foods - I don't see why/where you would have to count it.)
    To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    Gay/Lesbian Issues
    http://rslevinson.com/gaylesissues

sodacracker Guest

is it the processed turkey slices? Those are not a power food so have to be counted. sorry !

Yes it is processed, but I thought on the new plan luncheon meat that was FF was a power food and a serving of it is listed in the dining out guide as a power food. It was not originally listed that way but the corrections said put a green triangle beside it. So was just wondering if a double portion would be counted or even though it is a double portion would it remain a power food.

I went back and looked and on the power food list, under lean protein, it says luncheon meat. It is only 1 point either way, so not a huge deal, but like to know for the future. I did make all the corrections to my books with version 7 of corrections.

Mickee

sodacracker Guest

gadzooks! those book corrections are a pain!

if there is a geen triangle then it is a power food, and does not need counting no matter how much you ate.

Thank you Soda!!! That is what I was hoping. It took me 2 weeks to get the corrections in all 3 books. That was such a pain. I really feel like they should reprint them and give us new books. Mine are brand new and look old because of all the writing in them. I just hated doing that. Well enough of my ranting about the corrections.

Mickee

I really feel like they should reprint them and give us new books.

Amen, Sister! I don't remember there being so many errors (or maybe they just didn't publicize them) in the two previous revisions they did. At least I only paid half price for them!
    189.8 /140/140 /pg135
    Maintaining since 5/18/06