Thread: SFT 11/365 Tuesday power 'er up day!

sodacracker Guest

Default SFT 11/365 Tuesday power 'er up day!

On the run folks, DS needs some help before school. still have to pack my lunch but just managed to eat some leftover quinoa re heated with ff vanilla soymilk.

L: edamame apple burger with bun, leftover salad, apples

S: on the road again htis afternoon and working late so hmmm.... probably the other leftover edamame burger with a bun, a few walnuts, some fruit salad, 1 tim bit
    WPA's 8 (18/49)

D: soy milk and shredded wheat

Carol? Thinking about you and your family.
    Last edited by sodacracker; 01-11-2011 at 05:09 PM.

Replies

Default Re: SFT 11/365 Tuesday power 'er up day!

Locked and loaded for today with my food plan--
    breakfast will be steamed millet with soy milk;
    morning snack of watered down hot chocolate;
    lunch of oatmeal pancake;
    afternoon snack of raw veg & fruit;
    dinner of quinoa&veggie salad plus homemade coleslaw.
    Total WPAs for a Core day around 7, minus whatever APs I earn!
    Kimberley

Morning -

I did lose the 2 pounds overnight that I had gained last week. Think it was surely the over-salty eats on Sunday. Must have been.
    Now need to lose 2 by Monday to stay on track of 20 pounds in 20 weeks.

Bought some buckwheat and millet yesterday. Looking forward to trying them this week.

B-polenta and eggs, clementine, coffee with coconut milk - done
    s - cold polenta (not an acceptable snack at all) - done
    L - HUGE salad with beans and wheat berries, simple dressing, hot tea
    s -
    D - sNobby joes (lentil sloppy joes) on bun or over a grain

CW 144, GW 123 by June 1...plan 1 pound a week.

edited to add "snack"
    Last edited by Tegteg; 01-11-2011 at 12:17 PM.
    Teg

Kimberly - Not that you necessarily asked for ideas, but...when I have enough protein and enough water, I do not get into tha overeating cycle, especially in the afternoon. That 3:00 slump is killer if I am not prepared for it. MAybe adding more protein to your lunch and your afternoon snack would help? Hope you have a great day.
    Teg

Soda - in response to your post yesterday. No raise, at all. Been here 3 years as a Project Manager and I haven't seen my pay go up since I've been here. Pathetic no?
    So I'll be working VERY long days, but I still want to be accountable. Even if I go WAY over my WAPs, I just want to know what I did.

31/49 WAPs used - 4 APs earned.
    Breakfast: Shredded Wheat with Almond Milk and fresh blueberries. Green tea at work.
    Lunch: Tofu with whole wheat couscous. I'll count 3 pts for the sweet chili sauce and additional oils.
    Dinner: TBD.
    Snack:

Replies

Thanks Bridget!! Over the past few years, I was getting into a bad habit of eating through the afternoon because I was running a half marathon in the morning or doing 2 hours of intense spinning class. I'd come home, have lunch and then eat all afternoon because I was ravenous from burning around 1500 calories in the morning. I was able to more or less maintain my weight because I'd just eat in the afternoon what I'd burned in the morning. But then I stopped exercising as much last spring/summer and it was a bad habit I'd gotten into and a hard one to break-- especially since I was dealing with the loss of my best-friend and exercise partner (she dumped me with no explanation) so I started to eat through the grieving as well. It really had nothing to do with *hunger*. I wasn't hungry. I was looking to stuff everything.

So now that I'm over the grief hump and getting my life back in order, I find it's still a bad habit that I have to get rid of. I agree that water/herbal tea is the first line of defence. Jeff & I have been going through at least 4 pots of tea a day (the first one might be a green or black tea but everything else is herbal!!). I learned the "trick" of loading up with hot chocolate in the afternoon as a strategy to deal with my chocolate/sugar cravings. Instead of eating 20 points of chocolate chips straight out of the bag, I can put in 3-5 points of ho-cho mix (can't use the sugar-free stuff as I'm sensitive to aspartame) with a liter of water from the kettle and my stomach is still full as I'm making dinner-- which helps me avoid making unhealthy meals!!

ETA-- That being said, I'd journaled for the ho cho as a mid-morning snack but I'm still full from my oatmeal pancake and 2/3 pot of peppermint green tea so I think I'll skip the ho cho entirely today. My goal is to get the ho cho down to a couple of times a week as I should be fine with water & tea.
    Kimberley

Hey Guys - crazy morning here - I blew a tire and we are about to get hit with a big snow storm. I ran to a tire place this am but they are so backed up with the upcoming storm that they couldnt replace it before it is time for me to get the kids frm school. I just left the tire with them to repair and DH is going to mount it himself. At work now and trying to get my head back in the game. I had little prepared for the day since I ran out with the tire. I just picked up a greek salad for lunch. It is full fat feta so I will eat it sparingly - the rest is healthy stuff. I have nto counted my WAP's from yesterday and I am writing that to hold myself accountable here and make sure I come back with them counted by tonight.

Sounds like everyone has a lot going on this week too. Very good planning going on despite the distractions

Kimberley - good idea with the hot chocolate - might have to try that one. I find the 3pm timeframe to be a bit difficult and the days I work, I seem to want to much on something.

Michelle - sorry about your work situation - hope you get something out of it. It is so hard to focus on weight loss when you are so busy.

WWDonna - good luck with the biopsy - I think it is today?

Carol - keep us posted - hope you are fairing ok through this

Teg - sodium does that to me all the time and it plays with my head when the scale is up - glad the 2lbs are gone and your hard work is shining thru.

Soda - great job with the WPA tracking. Your lunch sounds yummy.

Mickee - I am always amazed when people just eat one or tow meals - I never miss a meal...My DH is like you. Sometimes it is a good thing.
    Here is my plan today:

B - 1 egg/1 egg white/salsa/ff cheese/ lite wheat and 1 tsp almond butter (done)

S - pear - done

L - greek salad

S - 1/2 pz cashews and orange

D - leftover bean soup or chili

W - 20 minutes eliptical and 25 minute circut - done
    With perseverance, even the snail made it to the ark - Charles H. Spurgeon

late start again, but it was so cold I could not get up. Now trying to get kiddo to school past 10 a.m. and me some breakfast before we go. Had some STAT reports to get done before we could go, what a way to wake up with work blaring down your neck first thing.

B-cream of wheat and banana.

L-Subway turkey salad with red wine vinegar and apples.

D-Salmon patty (2), asparagus, 1/4 c Annie's mac and cheese (2)
    Last edited by Mickee; 01-11-2011 at 09:36 PM.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Mickee - we must have been posting at the same time. You are getting me in the mood for chicken and rice - might have to have that tomorrow.

Quinny - here is the recipe I used for mine. It is or was core, now I count a point or two. We do not add the veggies and picky child, doesn't like them, so I just up the rice portion.

Chickenricebake

1 can (10.75 oz) 98% FF cream of chicken soup

1-1/3 c. water

c. uncooked white or brown rice (add 20 min. to cooking time for brown rice)

2 c. (at least) broccoli florets (I use 3-4 cups)

t. onion powder

t. black pepper
    1 T. soy sauce

4 skinless chicken breasts (3 oz. each)

Mix soup, water, rice, broccoli, onion powder, pepper & soy sauce in 2-qt shallow baking dish. Top with chicken. Sprinkle additional pepper on chicken.

Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes (65 with brown rice).

4 servings

6 points per serving

Mickee

Thanks Mickee - I am almost certain I have all the ingredients in the house - might be my snowy day dinner!

Hey buddies!

Didn't get chance to check in earlier, I was at work.

B: oatmeal made with skim milk, tea
    snack: banana, coffee
    L: 'lite' bread & FF cheese made into a grilled cheese, pear
    snack: 2 clementines, tea
    D: tuna fish cakes with tomatoes & mushrooms

Carol, hope the biopsy went well today.
    Michelle, don't let life & work get in the way of achieving what you want to achieve for your weight loss goals. Find a way to make it work - you CAN do this!
    to all my other buddies - hello!

Becky

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

Replies

Lightbulb Re: SFT 11/365 Tuesday power 'er up day!

Hi Buddies ~

Well, sadly my mom died yesterday morning. It was 4 1/2 months of hospitals and rehabs and doctor visits and emergency room visits and hospice...we had a lot of fun together even while dealing with all that hard stuff...and I was able to say and do everything I wanted, so that is good.

Today DH and I are going to see where the wind blows us...

I'll be back ~
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Carol - so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Glad you did and said all you wanted to do within that span of her illness.

Mickee

Carol - so sorry. Will be keeping you in my prayers.

Replies

So sorry to hear about your mother, Carol. My thoughts go out to your family.
    Susan

Aiming for 196.2

I am so sorry to hear about your mom, Carol. Thoughts and prayers for you all.
    Teg

sodacracker Guest

Carol, thanks for letting us know about your mom.
    We are here as much as you need (( ))

Replies

(((((Carol))))) I'm so sorry. You're in my thoughts.
    Kimberley

Carol, so sorry to hear about your mom. It is nice to hear though that you did get to spend the time with her in those last months, and you have good memories rather than regrets at this sad time. A lesson to us all I think.

I have you & your family in my thoughts. You know where we all are if you need us.

Becky

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]