Thread: SFT 10/365 - Monday Morning get up and go!

sodacracker Guest

Default SFT 10/365 - Monday Morning get up and go!

DS up three times last night (he has never had a dry night and we are using a program to help him with bedwetting, yawn) - have to work out of town today, about an hour drive, but no snow, and a sunny day so a country drive will be fine. I have a ton of TED podcasts on my ipod to plug into the car

B: - fruit/spinach smoothie,

S: cold bean burger ( rural jobs = no place to eat but the car)

L: quinoa, shredded cabbage with edamame and apple ( aka as broken up vegan/gf burger), apple

D: DH's pasta sauce over quinoa ( family having pasta), pear

S: soy milk and shredded wheat and thin biscotti crisps (6), bites of kid's homemade pizza hmmm it was pretty thick crust, so 4?

The real plan is to track WPA's - today is the start of my week - I will check back in to add them at the end of the day. Being on the road today means Tim's (a coffee and donut drive through) will be a problem as every small town has one, and I pass by 4 today. I will want a tea or coffee but not a donut or muffin.

Follow up: I went to Tim's twice on the road and got tea each time. I ate some thin
    cookies at a meeting but took the NI with me and calculated 6 WPAs.

I am finished eating for the day. no evening eating for me so I have an empty stomach for a bedtime medication and that rule helps cut down on food.

Counting 10 WPA's today
    Last edited by sodacracker; 01-10-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Default Re: SFT 10/365 - Monday Morning get up and go!

Soda - looks like you've got an excellent plan today despite being on the road.
    I'm going to track all WAPs as I have been and I need to avoid eating late, even if it is core.

19/49 WAPs used - 3 APs earned.

Breakfast: Smoothie with Vega (1 WAP)
    Lunch: Tofu Scramble
    Dinner: Tofu Scramble again
    Snack: Smoothie 2 WAPs for sugar and Pretzels with mustard 5 pts. 8 WAPS total.

I had a really rotten days buddies My boss is quitting this week as a Director of a gaming company of 400+ people and the job will be split between me and other person... without a raise. WTF...
    Last edited by chellybats; 01-10-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Replies

Soda- Good plan to steer clear of the donuts!
    Michelle- When I made it to goal weight, I had a hard and fast rule to not eat at night. I'm trying to get back into that. Our bodies need to repair when we sleep, not digest!!!

I'm still planning on making some quinoa and millet this morning so I can make a veggie salad with the quinoa and have the millet as a side dish (hot breakfast cereal or hot side dish to a veggie stir-fry or baked tofu, etc). I bought eggs last night as I am currently in the middle of a Core oatmeal pancake jag so I have that either for breakfast or lunch most days!!

Will come back tonight and report what I *actually* ate, not what I planned to eat when my intentions were good. My intentions are still good but I want to be more honest....
    Kimberley

Good Monday Morning. I lost 1.2 lbs my first week on SFT. I feel pretty good about it. I have never been someone to drop a lot of weight in one week so this is good.

This week's goal is to diligently track WPA's and to watch my hunger signals carefully - I think I am eating because it is "lunch time" or "snack time" and not becuase I am hungry.

I dont have it all planned for today - I have to get my little one off to preschool and then I will have time to plan. Here is what I have so far:

B- Core Oatmeal Pancake w/ 1/8 oz raisins and 1 tsp buttter and 1tsp maple syrup - done (p+ to be counted when I come back)

L - salad with chicken and 1 tsp evoo

S - Kale chips if I have time to make them

D - family is having pasta with lean ground beef - I think I will have veggies and some lean ground beef and pasta sauce

W - 45 minutes treadmill - (week 5 c25k and 15 minutes walking) - done
    With perseverance, even the snail made it to the ark - Charles H. Spurgeon

Replies

Just wanted to come and update that I've got quinoa, millet *and* brown rice steaming on the stove top right now. AND, I'm working on a Core oatmeal pancake but I don't think it's going to work because I didn't puree it so I'll probably have scrambled oatmeal instead! LOL

The plan:

B: oatmeal pancake
    L: leftover homemade spelt (ground the berries in the VM last night) cheese pizza (WPAs-- TBD)
    D: brown rice, veggies & ground turkey casserole
    S:-- will have a granny smith apple and some raw veggies in between meals
    Kimberley

Replies

Another lesson-- went to make the core oatmeal pancake #1 but discovered the soy milk had gone bad after putting the milk in. Made second batch but didn't blend it. I didn't *want* to have scrambled oatmeal so I tossed it. Important for me because it's better to put it in the garbage and make something I *want* to eat or else I'll wind up being resentful and eat stuff I don't *need* later. So, batch #3 is just about ready to come up.

In the future, I will make a huge batch and just keep the leftovers in the fridge. The kids like to make them for breakfast. Yes, fresh is best. But it took me longer to make this ONE pancake than it would have taken me to make a dozen, which would have kept us for a few meals!!!
    Kimberley

Kim - did you end up veganizing it? I was wondering how one could make it without eggs!

Replies

I suppose that will be my next step once I get around to veganizing myself again!! You could make a flax egg (not Core though). I'm making my peace with the egg for now.....
    Kimberley

Wow, busy thread already!

Soda - TED podcasts?
    shredded cabbage with edamame and apple ( aka as broken up vegan/gf burger) - Uh-oh, are we not supposed to be eating veggie burgers now?

Kim - What is scrambled oatmeal? oatmeal and eggs? I thought I was the only person ever to eat oats and eggs.

Morning Michelle!

Quinny - Way to go. 1.2 is a great loss. This where you will be in 5 or 10 weeks!

Does anyone avoid wheat? How about dairy? I have been reading Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy and it is addressing food intolerances. I think my issue is more a blood sugar thing, and of course the overeating/no exercise that got me to this point.
    Teg

Ladies, I managed to GAIN 2 pounds last week. Today I will start my new week. I really thought I was doing well, except for a birthday party last night. And I though setting my goal as a mere pound a week was so attainable. So now to be back on track, I would need to lose 4 pounds this week...not realistic. I may be PMS, and there was too much salty fod at the party last night, but STILL...2 pounds up. Not fun.

B-2 eggs "fried" in water on nonstick pan, 1/3 c wheatberries, 1/2 cup of salsa, 1tsp falxseed oil; 2 cups coffee with skim and 1 tsp sugar each
    s - haven't been hungry for AM snack. Possible applesauce and seeds (points)
    L - leftover bean soup and whwt pasta
    s - smoothie
    D - hmmm, soemtihng with lentils....burger? soup? over rice?
    Teg

Well not pleased with myself at all. I did NOT expect a loss this week as I had such a large one last week, but certainly did not expect a gain either. So I am not pleased at all. So new goal this week - more water - more power foods - less WPA if possible - more exercise - get in GHG.

B-Egg fried in nonstick skillet, barely 2 slices of well cooked bacon (2), melon, hot tea.

L-Bourbon chicken (1) with barley and banana.

D-Strawberries and blueberries with yogert.

Gained 0.6 pound this week.
    Last edited by Mickee; 01-10-2011 at 07:57 PM.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Hey buddies!

I 'bit the bullet' and re-joined WW this morning, at a class. I have the 'new plan' but they didn't have book 6 for me to be able to adapt to the 'core/SFT' way of life. Think though that i can do it with the info from here. I also have access to e-tools as I have enrolled with the monthly pass option.

I am the same weight as I was last August, when DH & i started weighing at home & trying to keep on track. I lost about 6lbs from Aug - Dec, and have gained them all back.

I am happy that I am nipping this in the bud before I gain any more pounds, usually I join at 30lbs above the top range weight for my height - this time I am 15. Achieveable.

Breakfast (eaten before WI!) - oatmeal made with skim milk, tea

Lunch, dinner: TBD

I am now off to read the material & write a meal plan for the week.

Becky

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

Very Happy for you Becky! I am still reading too. I need to read the weeklies and see if I can glean more information. More is better.

Mickee

Just got home from Shop Rite. Disappointed to say they had no interesting grains. All they have is rice, wild rice, and quinoa. I was hoping for some millet or ANYTHING that looked interesting and DIFFERENT.

Also, no seitan. Where should I try to get that?

I did buy soem TOFU.....Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!
    Teg

Replies

Becky- back!

Bridget- I'd tried to make the Core oatmeal pancake without pureeing the mix before frying it. It didn't bind into a pancake mixture so the only option for it would be to make a scrambled oatmeal. I didn't like the way it looked and that wasn't what I wanted to eat so I scrapped it and made the batch (for a 3rd time), pureed it and had my pancake for breakfast!!!

Mickee- Sorry about the gain!
    Kimberley

sodacracker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tegteg View Post
    Wow, busy thread already!

Soda - TED podcasts?
    http://www.ted.com/ and on itunes sign up for free TED podcasts. amazing talks by super smart and interesting people passionate about what they do.

shredded cabbage with edamame and apple ( aka as broken up vegan/gf burger) -
    Uh-oh, are we not supposed to be eating veggie burgers now?
    <grin> nah, it crumbled up while cooking and did not want to waste it - tasted good!

sodacracker Guest

Also, no seitan. Where should I try to get that?
    I findit in our health food store.

I did buy soem TOFU.....Ahhhhhhhhhh!!
    Go tegteg!

Replies

Feeling good about today! I managed to get the quinoa & veggie salad made, plus a batch of cabbage/carrot coleslaw, plus some turkey, veggie & brown rice casserole. I've got the steamed millet ready so I can have that as a hot cereal for breakfast or even for lunch if I make a batch of core oatmeal pancakes for the boys (and me) for breakfast!

I feel *much* better knowing that I have Core/SF dishes in the fridge I can just pull out and eat over the next few days!! I even went on a 2 mile walk with the boys this afternoon!

PS- Also figuring out things that work better for me. I've had problems for the past couple of years with bingeing or excessive eating in the afternoon. For a while, it was a reaction from exercising 2-3 hours in the morning, which resulted in eating all afternoon long. That was how I could run an average of 70 miles per week and still gain weight!! That has carried over in the past year, when I wasn't exercising as much and has lead me to gain more weight. One thing I've found to work lately has been subbing out any "straight" chocolate for my massive Harry Potter stein of hot chocolate. For 3-5 points worth of ho-cho mix and some plain soy milk & boiling water, I get around 1 litre of hot chocolate which hits my chocolate/sugar craving and fills my stomach during the "red light" hours when the bingeing could start.
    Kimberley

That is wonderful Kimberley! Glad you had a good day and have things prepared for the week.

I am not so pleased with my day. Only got in about 1-1/2 meals. I am terrible at not eating and then eating anything and everything. So tomorrow will try to do better. It is not that I don't have things to eat but I won't take time to eat them. I did better and drank more water but need to eat more food too and not use WPA's.

Tomorrow is another day!!

Mickee

sodacracker Guest

wtg Kimberly

so WPA counters , howdja' do today? I am in for 10/49 and the rest fo the day was ok - made some good choices, have some foods in the fridge to grab and go tomorrow - may be plain and uninteresting to others but suits me fine - plain cooked quinoa, edamame apple "burger", fresh fruit, pre-shredded cabbage, drinking lot of tea lately to keep me busy - see you all tomorrow

Hey buddies,
    Soda... didn't do well today at all.
    My boss is leaving the company, he's the Director of a 400+ gaming company. Just found out his notice today... and he's leaving this Friday.
    To add the cherry on top, he's leaving me and another person in charge of his job... oh TOP of our regular jobs.

...I'm so bummed because I wanted to make WW a priority in my life again and yet all these retarded events have been happening this new year.
    I'm sorry for being over emotional...

Michelle, that is awful. I am so sorry. I know how "life" does get in the way of WW. BTDT too many times. If there is anything I can do to help just let me know. I want to do all I can to help.

Mickee

sodacracker Guest

geez not such a happy new year, huh Michelle? On the one hand, great that you are considered so competent that you can be left in charge , sucks that you are going to overworked. Do you get a raise?

So how to at least maintain a minimum of control over food? Well, if it were me, I would be looking the boyfriend to pitch in with meals for a few weeks and backing up with veggie burgers from fast food places.

Understand if we do not hear from you but we are thinking about you.