Thread: SFT Food Plans 9/365 - check out what we're eating today

sodacracker Guest

Default SFT Food Plans 9/365 - check out what we're eating today

Hi everyone -
    It has been tricky for some of us to get back on track again. Remember , perfection is not expected.

Everything "red light" is out of the house, finally. No cookies, candy, baking ingredients. I know this because twice yesterday I was trolling through the cupboards and pantry looking for "something" and there was nothing to be found. I ended up having a sliced and banana and watching Netflix.

Today's plan

B: soy milk with shredded wheat

L: veggie burger ona bun with ketchup, apple, soy milk

S: plain cold bean burger

D: 2 edamame apple burgers, shredded cabbage with fig vinegar and a few sunflower seeds.
    Last edited by sodacracker; 01-09-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Default Re: SFT Food Plans 9/365 - check out what we're eating today

This has been a long week, for some reason. Week #2 on plan. I don't think I will have a loss this week as I had such a large one last week, but Monday morning will tell the tale. I am NOT cooking today. Too many left overs in the fridge, so have already warned the kiddo that this is left over day.

B-greek yogurt with strawberries and hot tea.

L-Chicken and rice casserole (1), peas.

D-Salad with boiled egg, veggies (2) for dressing and cheese.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Good Morning! I just got back from 75 minutes of yoga and feel so relaxed! Today has a challenge for me. We are headed to visit my husband's Aunt who is off othe boat from Italy and speaks very broken English. Anyway, she is a total food pusher (in a very loving way). I am trying to strategize but I have to tell you she gets me every time. She gets very offended if you do not eat her food - typical food pusher stuff. I will report back in. I am going to tell her Ijust had a big lunch and cannot eat to much and take one or two things and just talk. DH is on board and there to support me. Kids will keep thjings busy too so I could always excuse myself to check in on the kids.

Here is the plan for today:

B - grilled cheese - 2 pcs lite multigrain/ff cheese/big slice of tomoato/cooked with 2 tsp evoo (done)

S - 1/2 oz cashews *pp/mango

L - TBD

S - ff cottage cheese

D - vegetarian chili

Have a great day!
    With perseverance, even the snail made it to the ark - Charles H. Spurgeon

So I peaked at the scale and SiFi seems to be working well even though I'm just a day in, I think the less carbs and whole grains, no nut-butters and sugars are a KEY for me. With PointsPlus, I could just eat all those without a problem, but now with SiFi I make other more filling choices instead.

12/49 WAPs used - 1 APs earned.
    Breakfast: Shredded Wheat with Vanilla Unsweetened Almond Milk, fresh blueberries and raspberries.
    Lunch: Had veggies with dip (3 WAPs)
    Dinner: Was my boyfriend's birthday - so he had some baked organic nachos with cheese and veggies, I only had 5-6, so I'll count conservatively at 5 PTs.
    I ended up having fruit and hot oatmeal for my real dinner though.
    Snack: Maybe a strawberry banana smoothie?
    Last edited by chellybats; 01-09-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Replies

It's been so busy at work. I've had thigh pain for a few days and am trying not to aggravate it. I have a breast biopsy scheduled for Tuesday. I will call in sick to work on Wednesday.

I've been reading some Jeff Novick stuff on FB. He really understand the science behind nutrition and weight loss/maintenance. He also "gets" SFT, although he never mentions it by name.

B. cooked wheat berries, golden raspberries, half a banana, almond milk.
    L. lentil soup with cumin scented wheat berries, large green salad.
    D. roasted beets, roasted yam, cooked greens with mushroom and onion, orange.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Replies

I need to poop or get off the pot where SFT is concerned. I'm doing well with my food choices lately but I'm not switching things around enough to make it Core so I need to start tracking points more carefully if that's going to be the case.

B: small bagel w/light cream cheese
    L: Core oatmeal pancake w/tbsp maple syrup
    S: homemade guacamole w/baby carrots
    D: homemade spelt pizza w/light cheese
    Kimberley

sodacracker Guest

Kimberly I hear you - I am eating SFT but not tracking the WPA's too well. Do you want to work on that with me?

That is definately a goal of mine for this upcoming week too - I got lax with tracking WPA. Weigh in tomorrow and start anew.

WWDonna - hope your leg is feeling better. I will be thinking of you on Tuesday with your breast biopsy.

Carol - thinking of you.
    With perseverance, even the snail made it to the ark - Charles H. Spurgeon

Replies

I definitely need to "pick a side" as Steven Colbert would say. My plan tomorrow is to make some quinoa and veggie salad and also to make some steamed millet to have as a hot cereal. I have no problem sticking with SFT if I'm prepared for it. But if I don't have SFT foods prepared, I find myself saying that I'm eating the same amount of calories/points for something non-SFT so it's all a wash. But it's not. I either eat SFT foods and not count them or else I count all my food. I can't have it both ways!!
    Kimberley

Donna best of luck with the biopsy, is it something you've had done before? Please let us know how you make out -warm hugs-

Soda/Kim - I'm with you guys! I'm still trying to understand WAPs with SiFi. I make huge recipes and it's so hard to estimate with the new PointsPlus system. Sometimes I estimate the regular points value (what it was before Points+) and then add 1-3 additional points if it's really fatty/carby. I know it might not be the best of approaches, but it gets me by.

With Sifi, I find myself wanting to munch on things at night, like tofu scramble, veggies with dip, just seems REALLY odd to not count sometimes.

sodacracker Guest

Sounds like a lot of us are working on th same goal. I agree Kimberly that SFT works better if prepared. I have also slip slided my way between the two programs.

Michelle and Quinny, join us in tracking WPA's? We won't get too stressed if we go over or get it wrong , we just have to practice counting them and if we are over, look at what else we could have tried to have stayed within our 49 WPA's.

Donna - (())!