Thread: Can you explain Points Plus to me? Also, can I just still do Core with the 35 points?

Default Can you explain Points Plus to me? Also, can I just still do Core with the 35 points?

Or, if this has been explained 100 times already, can you point me to those thrads, please?

Thanks.

Today is a new day.
    Teg

Default Re: Can you explain Points Plus to me? Also, can I just still do Core with the 35 poi

I don't think it has been explained really. When I asked similar question I was directed to go to a free meeting or join online because they have revamped the program. I still do SFT so I do not count points and have not seen as much of a change in that aspect of the plan. Below is the link to the Points Plus Guide. I don't know if you can access it as it is on my e-tools account but you can try. Just copy and paste the link and I hope it will work for you.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/a...&art_id=104221

If you cannot access that, let me know and if you don't mind sharing your personal e-mail I can send you a PDF format of the getting started guide. The PM function here limits how many characters I can send and so have to send it in so many messages and then it does not come through correctly sometimes.

As far as doing Core that is up to you. No one says you have to change plans, but the new one takes into account new science and seems to be working well. Now Core is called SFT (simply filling technique) the foods are called power foods not filling foods. There were some foods added and some taken away. You now get 49 WPA instead of 35.

If I can be of any help don't hesitate to PM me.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Default Re: Can you explain Points Plus to me? Also, can I just still do Core with the 35 poi

Wait?! Shredded What isn't in there anymore? It's like the cereal with the less crap in it.
    Boo! What other cereals can we even eat?!

Replies

Mickee-- My email is: kjweaver@rogers.com I don't have any info on the new program (except the new Power Foods list that Carol posted last month). I'd really appreciate the Getting Started Guide or whatever you're able to copy and email!! Thanks so much!
    Kimberley

Kimberley - I am sending the getting started book to you right now and anything else I can find. I have the 52 weeks of the weeklies that are given out in the meetings too but have not loaded them in the computer yet, as they are on disk in PDF format. Would you like those when I get them loaded?

I may have sent more than you need or are interested in, but there is so much information that is good and interesting. I sent 2 books, that I have not had time to read, but look good.
    Last edited by Mickee; 01-07-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Mickee

O.K. I am very sad to say I have tried and tried and tried to load this into e-mail and it is too large to go. I do have another idea though. For those that would like it and lots more information too. I received it on one of those mini disk and it came to me in a plain envelope with a regular stamp on it. I have it all loaded in my computer. So I would be willing to loan it to anyone interested. We could start a mailing tree of sorts. All it would cost is the envelope and stamp to send it on to the next person and the last one would send it back to me. So if anyone is interested in doing that let me know and you can PM your address so it is not visible for everyone, if that makes you more comfortable. Then I can start it out. I guess that is why they sent it to me on disk instead of electronically, it was just too much information to send that way. I bought it on e-bay. So sorry about that. It is worth the cost of an envelope and a stamp for sure.

Mickee

Thank you very much. You should have a message from me.....
    Teg

sodacracker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chellybats View Post
    Wait?! Shredded What isn't in there anymore? It's like the cereal with the less crap in it.
    Shredded wheat with bran is still a power food : )

Ok, I cannot send private messages and can't figure out how to change that.

My email is tegdirb.kc@verizon.net If you email me I will reply to that. Thanks very much.

I NEED this to be successful. One. pound. at. a. time.
    Teg

Soda - I feel so dumb now, I had the box with bran in my hand, and thought "Nahhh, I'll just go with the regular"
    -face palms- I'll eat this box and consider it a power food for now, I won't make a huge deal about it.

I wonder why what and bran but not wheat?
    Teg

Mickee - thank you so much for sharing that link. Very interesting. I am thinking of heading back to meetings.

Tegteg - the shredded wheat with bran has a lot more fibre, that's probably why it's a power food & the regular isn't.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

Replies

Lightbulb Re: Can you explain Points Plus to me? Also, can I just still do Core with the 35 poi

I think regular shredded wheat is a power food. Cold cereal must not have added sugar or nuts AND must have so many grams of fiber (I think 4) per serving (or per something ). Something like that. I read it on WW's Power Foods thread.

I'm not eating cold cereal so I didn't pay close attention.

It's always difficult at the start of a new program. There are corrections needed on e-tools, and all the books. Eventually it all gets straightened out (or close to it).

But if you're looking for a specific answer and not getting it here, feel free to post on the WW official site and get your answer. And then bring it back here and share with all of us!

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

I only eat about 3/4 cup with fresh fruit anyway, and that's all I'll have during the day - otherwise, woah, holy bloat.

For the little amount it is, no sugar, high fiber - I'll keep it as a Power Food but eat it in very small amounts.

It was added, according to the link for the corrections...
    http://www.weightwatchers.com/images...ections.v3.pdf

Left column, 6th item from the top
    ▲ missing. Add ▲ to this item
    ▲ Shredded wheat, 2 biscuits
    Right column, near bottom, under Kellogg’s Mini-Wheats
    ▲ Un-frosted bite size, 30 biscuits
    Left column, under Uncle Sam
    ▲ Cereal, 3/4 cup
    Left column, under Quaker Oats, near middle
    ▲ Shredded wheat, 3 biscuits
    Right column, under SoyaKaas
    ▲ Grated Parmesan style, 1 oz
    Left column,
    Teg

Replies

"Most shredded wheats, Post shredded wheat and bran, and maybe...Ezekiel. Oh, and maybe Uncle Sam. Just check the fiber per serving...has to be 4 with no added sugar or nuts."

From a previous thread, when my memory was better...

sodacracker Guest

Soda - I feel so dumb now, I had the box with bran in my hand, and thought "Nahhh, I'll just go with the regular"
    -face palms- I'll eat this box and consider it a power food for now, I won't make a huge deal about it.
    I'm with you on this decision plus, as it turns out, it is a Power food.

The most recent list of corrections to the materials that I can find is here:
    http://www.weightwatchers.com/images...ections.v7.pdf

I have all the new materials (except the weekly handouts), but I've not started the new program yet. I haven't had time to refigure recipes, and also had bought ahead on many things that were Filling Foods, but aren't Power Foods, so I am still doing Core with the old program and 35 WPAs. Probably I'll be forced to switch over when I run out of the old trackers. LOL!
    189.8 /140/140 /pg135
    Maintaining since 5/18/06

DES2 if you are doing core, switching to SFT would not be that hard. Yes, the old Core recipes have to be refigured as ingredients are different now, but it is not that grave a difference I don't believe. Or, I should say, I have not found it to be that hard to make the switch.

Mickee

Replies

Thumbs up Re: Can you explain Points Plus to me? Also, can I just still do Core with the 35 poi

An old Core recipe that used FF evaporated milk could just have a substitution of PF FF milk or a PF plain unsweetened soymilk.

Or count the ingredient that isn't a PF.

I agree, Mickee. Some work upfront, and then you coast...!

You can eat *any* cereal. The question is the same as always, "Is this how I want to use my points?"

Deborah
    -------------------------------------------------
    To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    -------------------------------------------------
    Gay/Lesbian Issues
    http://rslevinson.com/gaylesissues