Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food Plans for SFT 7/365 - One week finished in 2011 - how did you do?

sodacracker Guest

Default Food Plans for SFT 7/365 - One week finished in 2011 - how did you do?

My week, while not perfect ( and I never aim for that anyhow) was better than the last week of December. Aiming for improvement the second week in terms of less WPA foods.

How was your week?

B: Rainbow smoothie ( spinach, blueberries, banana, water)
    S: Egg Mcmuffin no meat! Holy cow - it has been years snce I ate one of these - need to lookup the points still

L: leftover cooked grains, salad, apple, coffee, water,

D: ?
    Last edited by sodacracker; 01-07-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Default Re: Food Plans for SFT 7/365 - One week finished in 2011 - how did you do?

My week wasn't perfect either. I'm thinking of switching 100% to SiFi for a week and see how it goes.
    I'm still sick this morning, packed an almost SiFi lunch.

Also - anyone else in Canada have a shortage of Kale due to the recall? I wanted to make myself some Kale chips

Breakfast: Almond Milk with Shredded Wheat and Blueberries
    Tea with Honey (1)
    Snack: fresh Fruit
    Lunch: Whole Wheat Couscous with Peas and Beans with Thai Baked Tofu (2 for chili sauce) - do we count oils? Or are we allowed 2 tsp without counting the points?
    Snack: fresh fruit and OJ (2)

Default Re: Food Plans for SFT 7/365 - One week finished in 2011 - how did you do?

Chelly - on SFT you are allowed 2 tsp healthy oils without counting and then count anything over that amount.

As far as my week, it was better than last week, so improvement is coming, slowly but surely. My week is not technically over until Monday but, by this time last week had run out of WPA and I still have 30 left for this week, so to me that is a great improvement. I will be out of town on Saturday for a b-day party (pizza) so was trying hard to earn APs and hold onto WPA for the trip. I am only earning 1-2 APs a day and that is not every day. So working in a little exercise too. I do not expect a loss this week as I had such a large one last week. I was thinking of changing to counting points for a week to see how that goes, but just could not make myself do it. it is just not my thing. I did get a flu shot yesterday and felt awful all night and not much if any better this morning.

B-cream of wheat and strawberries

L-chicken and rice casserole (1)

D-eating out at Italian restaurant if I feel up to it. I have looked at the menu but cannot find any nutritional information at all, so cannot make a choice before I get there. NOT good.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Hello Everyone - My week is not over until Sunday but so far so good. Getting used to SFT. Exercise was good this week. Weigh in is Monday so we shall see. I have one problem - my stomach was not ready for all this fiber. I am in abdominal distress today. At the tale end of yesterday my stomach was so distended I looked four months pregnant. I am not sure what I will be eating today - I am going to aim for lean protein and fruits and veggies and steer clear today of the grains. Hopefully tomorrow it will be better. I will check back later and post my food for the day.
    With perseverance, even the snail made it to the ark - Charles H. Spurgeon

This thread really helps me.

This was my first week, and I accept that it was difficult for me.

I felt emotionally hungry all day. But, I was tracking my calories, and I don't think that is good for me. I get obsessed and anxious. I also did not do well at night and I need to admit that so I can be conscious of it tonight. For me, after dinner the kitchen and cupboard need to be CLOSED. (I know this is not for everyone.)

I need to be more prepared...so I made some oatmeal muffins to try to take out with me. Have to buy some bananas also.

I need to try to eat less to begin with.

And, I need to eat every few hours.

B - 2 eggs and polenta - done
    s - applesauce and almonds (points) - not hungry for this
    L - veggie burger on toast (points) but used only 1 instead of 2 breads
    s - smoothie? instead had 1/4 c pf wheat berries and another egg
    D - polenta and fruit salsa

I see that complete lack of VEGETABLES here. Need to shop.

CW 144 GW 123 in June - one pound at a time
    Last edited by Tegteg; 01-07-2011 at 08:09 PM.
    Teg

Replies

B- 2 fried eggs in mini ciabatta buns (done)
    L- baby carrots w/homemade guacamole & hummus (done)
    D- oven fries, or baked potatoes if I don't get them in the oven quickly enough! (plan)

soda- Thanks for starting the daily out like this. I wound up having some ice cream last night (more than I had points to cover) and I was feeling like a failure and that I was just so conflicted about what to do. I'm not being very successful with SFT and sticking to 7 points per day of non-Core stuff, nor am I being successful with weighing/measuring things to count points. HOWEVER, I am doing WAY better this week than I have in recent memory. I'm not bingeing. I'm getting in lots of water/herbal tea. I've exercised a few times. Lots of veggies. No eating out or fast food or even packaged/prepared foods.

So now, thanks to you, I feel like perhaps I have actually succeeded somewhat this week!!

Quinny- Are you getting in your oils or anything with natural fat? You need the lubrication of the oil to move all the collected fiber out. Drink some extra water to help push things along too! LOL
    Kimberley

Kimberley - thanks for the info - I probably am low on oil. Here is my dilemma - I made a lot of recipes this week which had oil in it. The recipe however makes about 8 servings so I guess I need to go back and think about whether what I ate constituted 2 tsp a day - I have been reducing the oil in the recipes also so it porbably did not add up. After reading your post - I got myself a nice greek salad and topped it with my oil. Thanks. I did nto think about natural fats either - maybe should have some avacado and count the pp for it.

Here is what I have had today

B- Breaksfast sandwhich (pp)

L - greek salad w/ 2 tsp evoo (pp for feta and olives) and small fruit salad.

Not sure if I will need a snack or not and no dinner plans yets. Maybe leftover core lasagna.
    With perseverance, even the snail made it to the ark - Charles H. Spurgeon

sodacracker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by chellybats View Post

Also - anyone else in Canada have a shortage of Kale due to the recall? I wanted to make myself some Kale chips
    so that's why there isn't any kale! maybe chard too? there wasn't any in two different stores yesterday.

All greens and a lot of fresh spices have been recalled - I'm surprised I can't even find organic kale!

http://www.latros.com/index.php/2011...tables-greens/

There's a little more information on there.
    But I noticed the Sobeys/Superstores won't carry them because of the recall.

Michelle - Have you been doing points this week? (I see you said about switching to SiFi possibly)
    Just trying to get back into things here, so I am interested in what has been working for everyone.
    Teg

Replies

Hi Every Buddy ~

I would say I made improvements this week, also. And progress is moving forward from-where-you-are.

I buy organic greens and they're local. Also, soon we can start growing them on our porches and patios. I had two little self-watering planters and it really kept me in greens in Spring and Fall, for sure.
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Hmmm, I had 3 eggs today.
    When I am back to eating well, and not being a pure vegetarian, I go for eggs.

I ahd 2 for bfast and just did one with some wheat berries (like fried rice, but with no oil and no veggies!). Very satisfying. I know I could have tried just one egg this morning, which I will do next time.

Anyhow, any thoughts on eggs?
    Teg

Teg - I haven't done SiFi 100% yet, I plan on doing so this Saturday.
    I've been sick for a few days and hoping to get back on my feet

Replies

Bridget- I tend to use eggs as 'tide me over' for meat when I'm transitioning back and forth. If I'm not sure what to do and don't feel like tofu, I'll fry up an egg before I'll grill some kind of meat. Lately I've been having eggs in some form for breakfast-- either fried or else in a Core oatmeal pancake.

I think it's worth the extra money to get free range, considering all the recalls from the chicken pens last year!
    Kimberley

Thanks for the input, Kimberley. An egg is just so handy and tasty. (Until I get back in my vegan-thinking...then I think too much about the whole thing...But that is not for a few weeks/months!)

I'll have to wean myself off slowly.

I wonder what would be a good "instead of" since I am not a tofu eater. And, I do not mean beans!
    Teg

Teg - I think tofu is delicious, all depends on how you prepare it! Plain, on it's own, it's disgusting.
    But I pan fry it with some BBQ sauce, or Sweet chili sauce/ginger/garlic and soy sauce, or I even crumble it in a Tofu Scramble (kinda like scrambled eggs) and I add tumeric to give it that yellow color

You could also try Seitan (completely flavorless, but a meaty texture)
    Tempeh is very strong, nutty flavor - but it is a whole food. Excellent cultures in it and high in protein.

Thanks.
    I am AFRAID of tofu, but may have to just TRY it.......
    Teg

Oh don't be, buy firm or extra firm, pan fry it first until it gets a little golden/crispy and then add a sauce you'd like to it!

Replies

I love tofu! You can get it to take any kind of flavour you want and then firm it up in the oven or on the frying pan. If I feel like having a sweet and sour "chicken", I can put that in a stir fry with rice and veggies and it has all the taste with none of the meat!

I'm not so good with tempeh. I don't seem to see it around here much and am not sure what to do with it. Seitan is vital wheat gluten, which doesn't mesh with my gluten intolerance!!
    Kimberley

sodacracker Guest

tempeh - or fermented soybean patty is an acquired taste. I have heard it described as a cross between mushroom and nuts. I do not like mushrooms so that may be why I have never taken to it.

But here is a nice description of it that makes it sound like something I might try again!
    http://dessertcomesfirst.com/archives/1331

Ok, I will add tofu to my list for next week's shopping trip. FIRM, right? Are there different brands?
    Teg

Oh, that tempeh link makes it very intriguing. Think that can be found at SHop Rite, or os ot a specialty food store item?
    Teg

Replies

Bridget- I get the tofu from Costco. It's extra firm, slices up nicely, doesn't need to get drained as much and cooks really well. It makes a great "scrambled egg" too! If you are going to make desserts, something like Silken works well.
    Kimberley

Replies

Question Re: Food Plans for SFT 7/365 - One week finished in 2011 - how did you do?

Kimberley...I have never seen tofu at Costco!...Where do you find yours? What section?...
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Replies

It's in the coolers with the cheese, etc. I'm wondering if it's a Canadian brand. It's with the other veggie products like the meatless chicken nuggets, etc. Ironically, the next shelf down is all the deli meats! LOL
    Kimberley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast