Thread: 4/365 - SFT Food Plans - power up!

sodacracker Guest

Default 4/365 - SFT Food Plans - power up!

The back to school/work morning routines are rusty after a few weeks off so will just get us started before heading off

B: coffee, shredded wheat with bran and milk or soy milk, whatever is in the fridge

Packed for work - apple, orange, quinoa and vegetables and chickpeas, pumpkin "muffins",

Ate the pumpkin grain muffins and the fruit. Had lunch out at a vegetarian restaurant - yam soup and ginger cabbage roll

D: milk and shredded what with bran and a small bowl of chili

Snacks: 20 WPA
    Last edited by sodacracker; 01-04-2011 at 09:14 PM.

Default Re: 4/365 - SFT Food Plans - power up!

Hey Soda,
    I'm back to work as well - it was rough getting out of bed this morning, I haven't seen 7:30am in over 2 weeks!

TARGET 29
    30/49 WAPs used - 5 APs earned
    Breakfast
    : Smoothie with rice milk and VEGA 4/29
    Snack: Packed some high fiber cereal 9/29
    Lunch: Tofu(3) scramble with veggies and potato (3) oil (1) pretzels (3) 19/29
    Snack: Apple and nuts
    Dinner: Pizza with grilled veggies.
    Last edited by chellybats; 01-04-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Good Morning. Got my workout in and just had breakfast - here is the plan for today

Breakfast - egg+1egg white+ salsa+ fat free cheese (I am pleasantly surprised by the taste of the FF cheese)

Snack -Core Oatmeal Pancakes topped with unsweetened applesauce

Lunch - Medeterranean Barley Salad with black beans (1point plus for olives)

Snack - 1/2 ounce cashews/orange (have to look up points plus for nuts)

Dinner - we are headed to Bertuccis tonight. I am planning on soup and salad - I have to look up NI and calc p+

Have a great day!
    With perseverance, even the snail made it to the ark - Charles H. Spurgeon

Replies

I'm having a rough time adjusting back to work life. I barely got 5 hours of sleep on Sunday, and then only 4 last night. I really hope I'll get home and crash tonight. If I could be asleep by 9pm tonight, it would really make all the difference. I'm about to hit up some coffee (I'm so late today, I haven't even had any yet!), but then I'm switching to water for the rest of the day.

I have Yoga tonight at 530. I might fall asleep at the end during shavasana.

Drive to work - 12 oz grapefruit juice (3)
    B - coffee with cream (1), lara bar (6)
    S - cheesestick (2)
    L - 0 pt soup, sandwich with homemade chicken and light mayo (7), 1/2 cup ff yogurt with frozen strawberries (1)
    S - hardboiled egg (2), apple
    D - indian style black eyed peas (3) in oil (2), indian style fried cabbage in oil (1), raita (1), decaf masala chai made with ff milk (2)

APs: 2/6
    Target: 29/29
    Original SW: 149
    New SW (11/8/10): 138
    CW: 132
    GW: 125

"You were once wild here - don't let them tame you." - Isadora Duncan

Replies

I fried up two eggs to have with mini ciabatta buns (5 points for the buns) for breakfast.
    I'm going to have some popcorn here at home for lunch (will use olive oil to cook)
    My dinner plan will have to include tons of veggies and fruit to accommodate it all-- I think we'll just have raw veggies with hummus, fruit salad and perhaps some light cheese and crackers for the kids for dinner!!

Quinny- I wish I'd seen your post before making my breakfast-- a Core oatmeal pancake was EXACTLY what I wanted for breakfast this morning (I don't have any cottage cheese though-- it should still work with just egg and oats, right?)
    Kimberley

Kimberly - the recipe I have uses yogurt. I skipped the splenda and added a half of a mashed banana, 1 packet of truvia(made from stevia), vanilla and cinnamon. Here is the recipe:

Core Oatmeal Pancakes

1/4 cup oatmeal
    1/4 cup cornmeal
    1/2 tsp. baking powder
    1/4 tsp. baking soda
    4 packets splenda
    1/2 cup ff plain yogurt
    1 egg white

Makes 2 big pancakes.
    With perseverance, even the snail made it to the ark - Charles H. Spurgeon

mmm I wonder if you can replace the yogurt with soymilk curdled with some apple cider vinegar.

Replies

Smile Re: 4/365 - SFT Food Plans - power up!

Yes, Chelly...I bet you can. I have an amazing cornbread recipe that uses PF unsweetened soymilk w/vinegar to make sour soymilk. It worked surprisingly well.

Does it count if I WORE my EXERCISE CLOTHES ALL DAY yesterday?.................... A step in the right direction.

Breakfast: water sauteed onions/mushrooms/kale; confetti salad; pinto beans, w 1 TBS. nut-dressing (1) and ground flax (1).

I said to DH, "I bet you would have never would have thought we'd be eating breakfasts like this years ago..." LOL!

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Carol - is that the Jalepeno Mini Muffin recipe? Those looked amazing!

Replies

Thumbs up Re: 4/365 - SFT Food Plans - power up!

Those are so good! Yes, that's the one I meant. And easier to just put it in the 8X8 pan, of course. No spooning into little mini-muffin pans...

When I tasted it for the first time (from The Joy Of Vegan Baking) I thought, "I'm going to be able to do this!" LOL

I have a feeling I'll be baking a lot more
    I made myself veggie pate this weekend. Those didn't last too long at all... mmmm.

Ever tried to make those Carol?

Replies

Question Re: 4/365 - SFT Food Plans - power up!

I haven't, Chelly...Got a good recipe?...

I might try something else tonight to omit all the flour and oil. I might try some substitutes and cross my fingers.
    I always like an alternative to hummus. And anything that gives me the chance to use nutritional yeast, i'm all in.

Replies

Mmmmmm-- I can curdle soy milk and use that!! I need to break out my cornmeal loaves again......
    Kimberley

Buddies, I'm having troubles juggling so many things and planning.
    I'm not sure why I can't recommit 100% - I lost my WW online buddy because she recently lost her mother and is focusing on herself.
    Anyone else feeling a little overwhelmed? Perhaps it was the holidays, and then getting back to work, back into a routine?

I had a trying day to say the least. So did not do as well as I would like, but maybe not horrible either.

B-boiled egg, banana, ff milk

L-Fresco taco at taco bell (4)

S-2 c mixed fresh fruit cup (while I waited at car dealership for brake job).

D-Homemade chicken stew (have no idea how to count this) (3), saltine crackers (2)

Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Replies

Michelle, overwhelmed doesn't even begin to describe how I'm feeling about life, the universe and everything lately. You're not alone!,,
    Kimberley

Kim - I'm so glad I'm not the only one.
    I have 2 new projects on the go and a new boss this week. So I'm hoping after Friday rolls over, I'll be able to plan my week better, and for it to be VERY SiFi-friendly.

sodacracker Guest

michelle - i think post holiday it can be hard to get back on the wagon again. I am not expecting a perfect day yet, just less of the poor choices food from the day before before. It will take me another two weeks to get totally back in the groove. there are still a few treats around, I am still buying stuff we don't need.

Today at work I put a chocolate in my mouth and then spit it in the garbage. i picked up and put down a cookie. I later ate two cookies. It is a process. Did you have one meal today that was planned or good for you? If not, make the next one a better choice.