Thread: 3/365-- SFT Food Plans! What are you eating today?

Replies

Default 3/365-- SFT Food Plans! What are you eating today?

My OP plan continues to be getting into the SFT groove.
    I've got baked oatmeal for breakfast.
    Leftover chicken, veggie & brown rice casserole for lunch.
    Air popped popcorn for afternoon snack.
    I'm going to plan for baked oven fries for dinner (it's okay to have potato and rice in the same day now, right?). Nathan might have a friend over after school so that might change dinner plans.....
    Either way-- water (check), exercise (check), reduce sugar (check--none planned at this point) and meal planning (kind of checked if I follow the plan above! LOL)
    Kimberley

Default Re: 3/365-- SFT Food Plans! What are you eating today?

Hi Everyone- I hope you do not mind me jumping in - I am doing SFT now and have been reading everyone's meal ideas. Here is the plan for today:

B- 1 egg+1 egg white/salsa/ff cheese
    S - banana
    L - Mediterranean Barley Salad ( 1 pt+ for olives)
    S - carrots/celery/core carmelized onion spread
    D - some form of fish/sweet potato oven fries/green beans
    With perseverance, even the snail made it to the ark - Charles H. Spurgeon

It is still relatively early here so just trying to formulate a plan here. But here goes.

B-Cream of wheat with a banana and hot tea.

S-Apple and Greek yogurt

L-Stuffed cabbage casserole and 1/2 serving of sweet potato casserole(5).

S-english pea salad (1)

D-chicken and rice bake with steamed broccoli.

S-Milk

Week #1 completed with 6.2 pound weight loss.
    Last edited by Mickee; 01-03-2011 at 08:00 PM.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

sodacracker Guest

thanks for getting us started Kimberly, and Quinny - great to see you here

B: rainbow smoothie

L: apple, clementine, left over pasta with homemade sauce, 2 pumpkin grain "muffins"

D: mixed cooked vegetables, pasta, cottage cheese, cookies (5)
    Last edited by sodacracker; 01-03-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Soda can you tell me about the pumpkin grain muffins??? I love pumpkin and use it every chance I get.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Post Re: 3/365-- SFT Food Plans! What are you eating today?

Good Morning SiFi Buddies.......

Still here and still doing SiFi.... I did however, have a few "extras" yesterday......and ended up using 15 WPA's in one day. (A new record for me I think). I usually average 5-7 per day. Oh well, not too concerned, as I know all will balance out in the end.

Feeling in a post holiday "funk" and not doing too much. Went out with intentions for a walk yesterday, and avoided it. Instead I walked to a movie theatre and saw "The Kings Speech". Great movie BTW ~~ I have to make a point of getting off my arse today for a walk, all the time staying away from the movie theatre !!! I did have a victory though.....at no time did I even feel inclined to indulge in the usual movie house fare of popcorn etc. etc.

Menu for today.....

Breakfast.......2 Homemade Skim Milk Latte's (small sized)
    Oatmeal with chunks of Mango

Lunch.........Split Pea soup

Snack.........Core Dip with grape tomatoes, sliced peppers, and raw turnips

Dinner.......TBD

BTW, I'm becoming quite the "barista". With my DaVinci's syrups, my new Keurig coffee maker, and my milk frother. I anticipate saving Megabucks from my usual trips to Starbucks. Only thing, I will miss the "coffeehouse atmosphere"

TTFN

Me
    HERE WE GO AGAIN !!

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

Replies

I'm still doing P+ but I really like you guys, and I don't really wanna post anywhere else. Are you going to make me?

I gained 1 lb during the entire 2 weeks I was off. Considering I had a complete yoga fail during my time, I'm ok with it. I really enjoyed the holidays, enjoyed what I was eating, and more importantly, enjoyed my family and friends. I never felt that I ate to excess, and honestly, that's enough for me.

But today, it's back to perfectly OP!

Monday Day 1
    B - 4 oz yogurt (1), raspberries
    S - apple, cheese (2)
    L - homemade veggie soup with 1 oz chicken (1), crackers (3), salad with evoo (1)
    S - hardboiled egg (2)
    S before yoga - lara bar (6)
    D - chicken (4), mix of white/sweet potatoes (3) with evoo (1), 1 cup ff milk (2), roasted carrots/turnips with evoo (1), salad

That's only 27 pts. Plus I'll earn 4 APs for yoga. So I need to figure out another 2 to 6 pts to use.

I refuse to eat junk just to get them in. I mean, if I want junk, I'll use them, but I'm not going to create things to eat.

Am I missing good health guidelines? I suppose I'm low on grains, but the crackers are brown rice crackers, and the lara bars are whole grain, so...yeah.
    Original SW: 149
    New SW (11/8/10): 138
    CW: 132
    GW: 125

"You were once wild here - don't let them tame you." - Isadora Duncan

sodacracker Guest

hey gb's back in town - glad to see everyone posting

and gb? no way do you gave to post elsewhere. As you can see from the threads we have sft oldtimers and newbies, point counters, switching between the two for lifetimers, vegan, vegetarian, all have a place here -

did you go to montreal yet?

mickee - the "muffins" are muffin in shape only. I mixed 4 cups of leftover cooked grains ( happened to be quinoa, oatmeal and barley, with 2 cups canned pumpkin, 2 eggs some ff milk and baked them in muffin cups at 350 for 25 minutes. They are a savoury food and handy to eat cold or warm.

Replies

did you go to montreal yet?
    Montreal isn't until April. But, he is so excited about it, and I'm really happy he is. It's going to be a great trip - good music, some quality alone time - a nice way to celebrate our 11th anniversary.

Where do you live again?
    Original SW: 149
    New SW (11/8/10): 138
    CW: 132
    GW: 125

"You were once wild here - don't let them tame you." - Isadora Duncan

Replies

Just wanted to double check. I buried my question in my post-- we can have potatoes, pasta and rice more than once a day now, can't we?

Karen- I *loved* The King's Speech!! I went with a friend but wish I'd gone with Jeff. He's been a lifelong stutterer. I took exception when Geoffrey Rush's character said that no one ever has a stutter as a baby. Nathan has stuttered since his very first word-- his entire life. Jeff was the same. There is a genetic component. I was very interested in the fact that his brother died from epilepsy given that there is some debate about whether there's a connection between Jeff's epilepsy and his stutter. Almost absolutely there is. We're just worried about the genetic possibilities but hopefully none of them will have epilepsy-- Jeff's mom did so it's a crapshoot at this point.

GB- I'm often all over the place and this gang is very forgiving. Sometimes I'm Points, sometimes I'm Core, sometimes I'm vegan, sometimes I'm vegetarian and sometimes I'm omnivore. I'd like to have one plan and stick with it but that's not really my life right now. As soon as I box myself in, I come out swinging so I need to just go with the flow more and concentrate my efforts on getting back on track and staying there-- regardless of which track it might happen to be!!
    Kimberley

My last vacation day for me today, boo!

GB - Glad you're back!
    Roller - I had a super high Points day yesterday too, but that's why we all have weeklies to deal with. When I'm on vacation, my days are longer, so I tend to eat more, especially when I'm up until 4 am
    Kim - your plan looks awesome for today! You motivated me to walk down to the bank in the mounds of snow we got instead of using the car!
    Quinny - Welcome! I'm glad we have someone new posting here! Have you posted here before? Are you new to WW?
    Soda/Mickey - Good morning Nice menus I see today!

Here's mine so far.

TARGET 29
    28/49 WAPs used - 3 APs earned
    Breakfast
    : Leftover Veggie Pate with bread and veggie juice - 9 pts.
    Earned 2 APs walking to the bank in a crap load of snow.
    Lunch: More Veggie Pate 8 pts 17/29
    Dinner: Veggie Burrito 10 pts 27/29
    Last edited by chellybats; 01-03-2011 at 05:17 PM.

sodacracker Guest

Kimberly,
    there is no rule anymore about pasta rice potato limits.

gb, I am in Ontario, but honeymooned in Montreal and we are taking the kids there this summer as they have never been. We will probably fly to Ottawa and rent a car to head to Montreal and then up to Quebec City ( a Unesco Heritage site )

Thanks for the welcome everyone - I have doing WW since 1998 when I wanted to lose some weight before my wedding. At the time I only had 10lbs to lose. After I started having children the weight has been up and down. I lost all my weight after my second baby and six weeks into maintenace I got pregnant with my third. She is four and half now so I can't call it baby weight anymore! My Mom died a few years ago and I packed on some pounds (confirming to myself that I am an emotional eater). I started posting on this website in 2007 - I post a lot on the Fit and Fab Fems but have always lurked and occasional posted on Core/SFT. Like many of you, if I see a topic I jump in. I have been slowly cleaning up my eating and realized that the SFT method may very well be right for me (I love to cook). I have all the new materials and am learning the new points plus over the past month but I think for now I am ready to give the SFT method a good college try and see if the weight will come off that way. I find counting points makes me crazy. I am hopeful after reading some of the success stories here.

I am grateful for the posts and recipes many of you have shared - it is an inspiartion. See you tomorrow!
    With perseverance, even the snail made it to the ark - Charles H. Spurgeon