Thread: Say "Hi"!

Replies

Thumbs up Say "Hi"!

I saw Veronica here yesterday and thought the first day of the New Year might be a good time to come and say "hi" to all buddies, old and new.

I would love to see some old faces. If you want to add a sentence about how you're doing, all the better!

And new faces...you're where it's at! Time to get started and make this a wonderful year!

So "hi" Every Buddy! Happy New Year!! Let's make it great.

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Default Re: Say "Hi"!

Hello Carol!!!

I am not doing so great. In 2010 was diagnosed with diabetes and of course my weight is way up, 15 pounds from last Christmas. So here I am. Started back on SFT last week and am aiming to get the diabetes controlled at least and regain health and prayerfully get insurance eventually. I know WW works and have ordered tons of new materials and am reading as I go. I do look forward to meeting new friends and reconnecting with old as well.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Replies

Hi Mickee,

Good to hear from you! My DH was diagnosed with diabetes in 2000, and he had to start insulin in 2010 and got off it April 2010. Check out my website "About Us" to read his story. I think the best way to eat to lose diabetes is "Beans And Greens"! Power Foods!

And I meant to say, this thread is for all buddies, not just Simply Filling. When I started in 2004, I was all over the boards and met lots of people on the Daily and 50/60 and Off-Topic and 100+, etc...We're ALL Buddies!

YES!!! Carol I would love to check out your website and read about you all. I will do that very soon. Thank you!

I too, am all over the board. Sometimes I wondered if that is o.k. or not. I usually go to new posts and wherever I find something of interest to myself I read and post. I have joined groups, but cannot contain myself to one or two or even several groups, I just go all over and do meet lots of people that way.

I will have to say, I do miss lots of my SFT buddies that I used to do the live chat with on a nightly basis and have not seen them back in a very long time, but do look forward to making new ones too.

Mickee

Replies

Well, maybe they'll come out today and say "hi", Mickee...

sodacracker Guest

Hi!

I too read and post all over the place - and have done so since joining here 6 years ago. Lots of interesting people posting at BCB so I like to check in on what they are talking about. I weigh a little less than a year ago so that's good, but not as good as I can do -

Replies

Hi!

I have a lot less time than I did before. My mother passed in Sept, so I'm looking forward to less stress in 2011.

Busy at work and am working 6 days a week right now. Haven't been to the gym for about 2 wks, but have walked in the neighborhood.

I am looking to 2011 to be a year of good health and energy!

I continue to live a vegan WW lifestyle.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Replies

Thumbs up Re: Say "Hi"!

Hey, Soda and Donna!

Monday the holidays are over and everyone should be ready to be in their routines.

sodacracker Guest

and guess what? I went to the gym today and walked for 20 minutes on the treadmill! No coughing attacks, never faster than 2.8 mph as I started to feel wheezy, so just kept it steady and noticed that even that bit of activity had my leg muscles shaking. It has been a long time since I exercised and with a month of pneumonia treatment just ending, well, I just need to be realistic.

Replies

You will improve! I know you will!

Hey buddies

Long time no see...haven't been around in several months...board activity became almost non-exostent & I contributed to that by not coming by anymore either.

Well, here I am, back and at 'em for the New Year. I have hidden away all the leftover 'treats' from the holidays - back on plan for me!

I am toying with the idea of going back to meetings, but am not sure...I se ethere is another new plan - but I know points counting isn't for me...I like good old SF/Core.

Anyway, happy new year buddies!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

I am here again.

Winging it cost me to not lose any weight in the spring or summer then a gain of 7 pounds since August.

I am just looking at it as a new starting point since that is all I can do anyhow.

Planning for a slow and steady one pound a week loss. Thikning long term here. Looking ahead to June.

Not sure about meetings yet.

Donna, I am so very sorry about your mother. I cannot imagine.
    Teg

Becky - There is still SF but now the foods are called power foods and some were added and some taken away from the list of foods. Then of course the things not on the list have to be recalculated for the new Points Plus system. I like it very much. Counting points is not for me either.

Mickee

Replies

Hi Becky, Tegteg, and Mickee!

This is going to be fun seeing how it works for everybuddy. I LOVE the words POWER FOODS!

I think I like it better than Core or Simply Filling...

It's something you can get excited about!...

Go eat your POWER.

Replies

HI everyone!

I also have not stopped in for a verrrrry long time! I am not sure why! My journey has continued and is really going very well! (I will need to see if I need to update my signature)

I am happy to say I am a RUNNER now! I had a friend start teaching me how to run at the end of September and what started out as a jog/walk is now a run. She still comes over once a week to run with me and I run 2 other days a week on my own. It is all I have time for at this point!

I follow a fairly Core diet still (although I don't know any of the new rules) and my body overall feels better when I do!

I hope to catch up a little with some of my buddies!
    Denise

SW: 218 (5/31/07)
    CW: 180
    GW: 150