Thread: New Year's Day SFT - 1/365 - let's do it!

sodacracker Guest

Default New Year's Day SFT - 1/365 - let's do it!

It's 2011~ let's go!

Tip of the day - Start the New year clean. Clear out those trigger foods.

My mom gave us a several dozen homemade cookies on Christmas Day - childhood treats - we put them in the freezer and as I suspected freezing is not a deterrent to my family. It feels hard, and kind of sad, to get rid of something made special for us, but they are like little butter bombs and are a detary hazard.

I can give some to a friend today, who will appreciate them; DD can bring some to work tomorrow to share with the other student workers and DS is still eating some.

B: oatmeal and tea and 3 frozen small cookies (6)

Red face Re: New Year's Day SFT - 1/365 - let's do it!

Good Morning Soda and to all who follow:

Just finished earning 3 AP's in the gym, so now it's a hot shower, and back into my "jammies" for the day. It may be mild out there, but it's dreary, damp, and foggy. Thinking I'll just "stay in" for the day.

As I worked til late yesterday, I'm "Ringing" in the NY today.

I haven't had breakkie yet, but will be using the remainder of my WPA's today 15 plus 10 AP's earned for some treats. I've already used 5 points on a morning NY Day cocktail. (Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice and a little leftover Prosecco). That's it for the booze though . Still deciding on my menu for the rest of today. This is my tentative plan thus far........

Breakfast........"NYD cocktail" (5 points)
    COW pancakes with Maple applesauce and fresh pear slices
    Coffee with light cream (1 pt.)

Lunch.........TBD

Snack..........Shrimp, Veggies, and CORE dip.

Dinner.......Mashed Potatoes
    Baked Turkey Breast with stuffing (4 pts. for stuffing)
    Gravy (2 points)
    Baked Squash/ canned baby beets (still deciding)
    2 tsps olive oil margarine

Bedtime Snack: SF FF Hot Chocolate made with skim milk.

Wishing all my fellow SiFi's a Happy New Year !!!!

Me

HERE WE GO AGAIN !!

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

Default Re: New Year's Day SFT - 1/365 - let's do it!

Hey everyone! Happy New Year!

Soda - I hear you on the sweets. I just cleaned out everything in my pantry and chucked it in the garbage. A lot of the stuff, I wouldn't even give to someone else! Terrible - I know!

Roller - Sounds like an awesome plan for the day, and congrats on earning those APs, I really need to start working out again!

I'm feeling a little sickly this morning, wasn't out late last night and didn't drink anything either.
    I'm starting my week off, checked the scale and I'm up - but you know what? It's a new year and I'm going to dedicate myself 100% to this now, No excuses!

TARGET 29
    0/49 WAPs used - 0 APs earned
    Breakfast
    : Optimum Slim Organic Cereal (5) with raspberries and rice milk (2) 7/29
    Lunch/Snack: Smoothie with vega (1), Rice milk (3) and sugar (1). Pretzels (4) 16/29
    Cleaning the APT - 2 APs earned.
    Dinner: Tofu(2)/Beans(3)/ corn(2) cheeze (2) taco shells (5) green onion and lettuce - 12 pts 28/29 pts
    Smoothie 4 pts. 32/29
    More cleaning - 1 AP earned.
    Cereal 7 pts. 39/29 [10 WAPs used]
    Last edited by chellybats; 01-01-2011 at 09:56 PM.

Replies

Thumbs up Re: New Year's Day SFT - 1/365 - let's do it!

Let's go!!!

I love it!

I don't have anything in the house/pantry/garage/freezer/fridge calling my name, Soda.

And today I weighed-in: 10 pounds under WW goal (up 2 from my lowest). With a next goal of losing 6, breaking into my 130ies.

And I've got great left-overs: black-eyes peas and greens. My foods are planned and I've got to exercise. I love the sound: 2011! It's going to be a great year.

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

I am in the midst of cleaning the kitchen, not particularly of trigger foods, but just in general, re-organizing and making thing assessable so I can easily cook and find good things to eat. Of course the junk is going out too. The cookies are going in the freezer today as we are good about not over indulging on them. We still have halloween candy in the freezer we eat 1 piece a week of, if that often. Of course I am out of weekly points and not totally sure SFT is working for me this go around, but maybe with the holidays out of the way it will get better. In the past I never, ever used all my weekly points, so why now????? Kinda irked with myself. But do have a few APs to work with for today and tomorrow. Maybe it will all come out with the wash.

BREAKFAST:
    Greek yogurt and blueberries.

SNACK:
    baby carrots and ranch dip (2)

LUNCH:
    stuffed cabbage casserole

SNACK:
    Apple with peanut butter (2.5)

DINNER:

SNACK:
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

sodacracker Guest

I took the cookies to a friend who has a business and put them in his fridge for him to munch on next week.

I put away the Christmas decorations, vacuumed tree needles, bagged a bunch of Xmas decorations to donate and cleaned my office. All set for the new year.

I do my monthly lifetimer WI and will be about 10 pounds over goal. Carol, you aim for the 130's and I am aiming for the 150's

Mickee, you and I need to hop on the SFT train and get rolling - we can do this. I am going to do it vegetarian style, so Michelle, sft or not, keep posting menu's so I can see what you are eating

Replies

I rejoined WWs a few weeks ago and have been counting points, but I want to try SF. I have some questions about SF foods. My meeting has been cancelled the last 2 weeks because we meet on Saturday. The WW website just doesn't explain it clear enough for me.

Are potatoes, peas and corn considered SF? If a food doesn't show the green triangle, do you count points for those foods from you weekly 49 points?

I cleaned out cabinets today too. It's something I do on New Years. I threw out some aged cereal that I will never eat. Everything that was in a box in in a Lock & Lock and labeled.

Yes, potatoes, peas and corn are power foods and on the SF list. Yes, you count points for things without a green triangle, out of your weekly 49. There are many corrections if you are going by the Food Companion. I am hoping everything is right in e-tools though. There were many power foods not listed correctly in the guide.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Replies

Thumbs up Re: New Year's Day SFT - 1/365 - let's do it!

Okay, I'm making vegan choices, so it might look weird to some...but it's mainly power foods with some nuts/seeds (count).

*Confetti salad, steamed kale, 1 TBS. nut-dressing, 1 TBS. ground flax
    * Apple, decaf w/plain soymilk
    * Tons of greens (chard/kale) steamed w/1 cup spicy-smoky black-eyed peas; 2 TBS. nut-dressing
    * Pineapple banana sorbet

I wanted popcorn at night (it's been a habit), but used Beck's helpful responses and talked myself out of it.
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

sodacracker Guest

I want to see those vegan menu's Carol - keep posting - The emphasis on greens is good for me to see