Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking of Starting

1. Default Re: Thinking of Starting

Quote Originally Posted by Mickee View Post
    Jamilah I am sending you a private message.
    Thanks!

So I just signed up online and I'm already confused!!! I guess I'll have to sit down tomorrow and really go through it all!
    By time,
    Indeed, mankind is in loss,
    Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience.
    103:1-3

Replies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Thinking of Starting

Quote Originally Posted by jamilah View Post
    I did find that they have the app on Android too, that is good. What is Simply Filling?
    Just a note on Simply Filling... when I started a year ago, we had to learn how to eat using the points system first, then after about 6 weeks, we were introduced to SiFi as an alternative. Personally, I think it is important to work with the points first, as that helps you to learn better portion sizes, choices, etc.

BTW, WW is slow but sure, and it is HEALTHY. It is also something you can do FOR LIFE... so give it a real chance. It is the ONLY thing that I have found I could stick with (I've been using the program for a year now). Don't expect a quick fix miracle... but do expect to be successful if you are honest with your points and you stick to the plan as it is presented.
    Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

12/15/18 (155)
    06/15/19 -- down 12 lbs.

I do agree. It is NOT a quick fix but needs to be a lifestyle change. It does work if you work with it. That is why I keep coming back to it. This time I hope to stay for life.

I started on Core then it was switched to Si/Fi and now Power foods. I have counted points but only a week here and there. It is just not for me.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

Replies
    Blog Entries

I started on Core then it was switched to Si/Fi and now Power foods. I have counted points but only a week here and there. It is just not for me.
    I know a few others who also swear by Core/Si-Fi/Power Foods. I think it is wonderful that WW can offer a choice and that we can work the program in the way that works for each of us individually. I'm just the opposite to you... points work for me, but I just couldn't get my head around Si-Fi... the world is an interesting place because we are not all the same
    Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

12/15/18 (155)
    06/15/19 -- down 12 lbs.

5. Default Re: Thinking of Starting

Funny thing.... I signed up and the site went down for maintenence!
    By time,
    Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience.

yes, it is nice they offer 2 plans. Maybe if I had started with counting points I would prefer it, but I didn't and it just seems so time consuming to me. I work 12+ hours a day and have to have something that works in the simplest form. Everyone is different. I am glad that on e-tools you can switch back and forth on a weekly basis if you like. Then you can try both plans out until you decide on one.

Mickee

Replies

I used to eat a WW. pizza once in a while. With the new Points Plus program they are 10 points each - eek.

I don't eat many frozen meals. Fresh is best.

Enjoy the program - it's a lifestyle change and takes work, but worth it.

Ashlee
    Be the change that you want to be.

8. Default Re: Thinking of Starting

Ok, so I've started today... still not sure what i'm doing. Can someone help me understand what the power foods are?
    By time,

What do you need to know? Are you counting points? or doing Simply filling technique? The power foods are the list I eat off of with simply filling. I am not sure with the point system if they have a point value or not, but they are the recommended food, whole foods. Did you join WW with a pass or online?

I just sent you a PM about the question you were asking.

Last edited by Mickee; 12-30-2010 at 03:58 PM.

Mickee

10. Default Re: Thinking of Starting

What do you need to know? Are you counting points? or doing Simply filling technique? The power foods are the list I eat off of with simply filling. I am not sure with the point system if they have a point value or not, but they are the recommended food, whole foods. Did you join WW with a pass or online?

I just sent you a PM about the question you were asking.

Thanks, I just replied to your PM. I think I'm just starting with points for now... seems easy
    By time,

Good deal! I may try counting points next week, just to see what I think of it. I have used far too may flex points this week and only on day 4. Maybe when dd goes back to school next week it will be better.

Mickee

12. Default Re: Thinking of Starting

I am a first grade teacher so I have this week off too... it will be a bit easier to keep on track when I'm back to work.
    By time,

oh I am not off work. I work for myself from home, but when dd is home there are lots of other distractions, even though she is 17. I work 52 weeks a year, 365 days a year. That is nice you do have some time off though. I hope it is easier for you once you are back at work.

Mickee

14. Default Re: Thinking of Starting

What do you do for work from home? I so wish I could do that.
    By time,

I am a medical Transcriptionist and have 4 people that work for me in various states across the country. We type medical reports for an orthopedic clinic. I have done this since 2000 and love it, but it does take a toll on the body eventually.

Mickee

16. Default Re: Thinking of Starting

I am a medical Transcriptionist and have 4 people that work for me in various states across the country. We type medical reports for an orthopedic clinic. I have done this since 2000 and love it, but it does take a toll on the body eventually.
    Do you want someone in CT?
    By time,

Do you have any training? Must be versed in anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, and some pharmacology as well as laboratory, as a minimum.

Mickee

18. Default Re: Thinking of Starting

Do you have any training? Must be versed in anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, and some pharmacology as well as laboratory, as a minimum.
    Unfortunately, no. Are their training courses for that?
    By time,

Yes there are. I went to school for 18 months to do it at a trade school. Some community colleges have courses for it too. There is always online schools too.

www.careerstep.com

www.andrewsschool.com

These are the 2 that I know about. The first one, one of my MTs graduated from there. The latter is one that is just highly recommended by the MT community.

Mickee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12