Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of Starting

1. Default Thinking of Starting

Hi

I'm thinking of starting with WW online. Its hard to make an educated choice because the WW site is so.... cryptic with its info. I'd like to see samples of what you get and how it works, but its just not there (as far as I can tell).

Can anyone give me an idea of how it works and what it all looks like?

Thanks so much

Jamilah

Replies

Default Re: Thinking of Starting

Jump in for a month... If you hate it drop the service.

WW is a great system. Are you new to the programs they offer?
    CW
    AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...d.php?t=202124

3. Default Re: Thinking of Starting

Yes I'm new to the whole thing.... They are offering the online deal for 3 months for $53 right now, so I might go for that.
    By time,
    Indeed, mankind is in loss,
    Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience.
    103:1-3

Replies

Its a great way to learn how to eat well and lose weight without being hungry.

We specialize in supporting each other here. The Buddy system has helped many of us have very good success.

Post all you can. we can help a lot once you learn a little about WW.
    CW

5. Default Re: Thinking of Starting

Ok, I will give it a shot.
    By time,
    Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience.

Replies

I attend meetings and have eTools, so I'm not completely sure what is available to Online subscribers that I don't see with eTools. But, my advice is to take your time and really go through all of the information online. That is where you will find the program information. When you first sign up and log in there should be some kind of tutorial available to you. I strongly urge you to take the time to go through it.

Some of the eTools features you'll get are: PointsPlus Tracker where you can look up food points and track what you eat each day, Weight Tracker where you can track your weekly weigh ins, Recipe Builder where you can enter your own recipes and find the points. There are also great articles and recipes online.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

7. Default Re: Thinking of Starting

Sounds good! I am hoping to convince my husband to do it too.
    By time,

8. Default Re: Thinking of Starting

I'm a member on-line and think the site is great. If you have a lot of time to spend reading all the articles and info they have on the site, it's even better.
    I don't find the forums on the WW on-line site to be welcoming. It's amazing how nasty some people can be when they are hiding behind their computers.

9. Default Re: Thinking of Starting

That can happen with forums... glad this one seems nice. Does anyone use the WW meals that you can buy at the store?
    By time,

Replies

Hi, Jamilah! I am starting over on Jan 3rd and have already done the 3 month online subscription. I have done WW before, so I am familiar with the idea of poinbt, but they have completely revamped the system, and I think it's going to be great. Do you have an iPhone? If you do, the app is WONDERFUL. It basically has access to all the info in the books, all the points searches, and a calculator, on top of cheat sheets for things like pizza and pasta.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and I hope you do well!
    "History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it."

277.6/277.6/169/165
    sw/cw/gw/pgw

Replies

I do not. They tend to have more salt than I want. They do help if one is rushed.
    I have not seen them with the new points configurations yet but its been weeks since I've looked ....
    CW

12. Default Re: Thinking of Starting

I have an android phone, so I'm going to look and see if the app is there too.. that would be great.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm looking forward to starting.
    By time,

13. Default Re: Thinking of Starting

Thanks for the input CW. I went and looked at the site and the sodium content is high! I guess that is how they make it still taste good!
    By time,

Replies

We don't use the frozen meals either. And yes, the salt is what makes them taste decent.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

Welcome to BCB and WW!! WW is a great program for learning to eat and live healthily And BCB is a great place to come for information, support and accountability!

When i first started a while ago, i used the frozen meals frequently, until i got the "hang" of it ... Now, Ive got a few in my freezer in "case" ... the family wants something high pointed that I don't want to splurge on, etc.

I never used the online tools before this last month ... and i LOVE them!! I love etools, the tracker, point calculator, activity calculator ... i had developed this great excel spread sheet before that i absolutely loved... but etools has replaced that and made it better than what i had.

Welcome aboard!!
    Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.

Barb A

16. Default Re: Thinking of Starting

Thanks for the welcome. I don't think I'll use the frozen meals too much either. I can't eat the ones with meat in them anyway...
    By time,

17. Default Re: Thinking of Starting

So how does it work here... are we all buddies or do we find a specific buddy?
    By time,

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by jamilah View Post
    So how does it work here... are we all buddies or do we find a specific buddy?
    We are all buddies here. What I suggest is to just start reading in a lot of the different boards. You may find one, or more, boards where you feel more comfortable. The General Thread is a good place to start. You can also check out the boards by age, or how much you have to lose.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

I absolutely have to have e-tools that is the best thing I have. Then I have a blackberry smartphone and the app is wonderful. Logged my food tonight while I was at the restaurant and it is great!!!!

WELCOME!!!!

I do not use the frozen meals as I do the Simply Filling, instead of counting points. But that is just a preference.
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

20. Default Re: Thinking of Starting

Quote Originally Posted by Mickee View Post
    I absolutely have to have e-tools that is the best thing I have. Then I have a blackberry smartphone and the app is wonderful. Logged my food tonight while I was at the restaurant and it is great!!!!

WELCOME!!!!

I do not use the frozen meals as I do the Simply Filling, instead of counting points. But that is just a preference.
    I did find that they have the app on Android too, that is good. What is Simply Filling?
    By time,

21. Default Re: Thinking of Starting

I noticed there was a Christian thread group on the forum... is there a group for any other faiths?
    By time,

As far as I know there is not a group for other faiths, but you might ask the moderator about creating one.

Simply filling is a technique where you eat off the Simply filling list until satisfaction and do not count points, but still get 49 flex points to use during the week for things that are not on the list. I like it the best as I just flat do not have time to weigh, measure and count every bite in my mouth. If you attend meetings, I am told you have to ask the leader for the information on Simply filling as it is not readily available, as they really want you to learn portion control and counting points. These foods are called Power Foods and consist of whole foods, fruit, veggies, lean meats, whole grains. If you get e-tools the list is on there and it has the option of doing either plan or switching back and forth to try each out.
    If you need/want the list I do not mind sharing it with you.

Mickee

23. Default Re: Thinking of Starting

Quote Originally Posted by Mickee View Post
    As far as I know there is not a group for other faiths, but you might ask the moderator about creating one.

Simply filling is a technique where you eat off the Simply filling list until satisfaction and do not count points, but still get 49 flex points to use during the week for things that are not on the list. I like it the best as I just flat do not have time to weigh, measure and count every bite in my mouth. If you attend meetings, I am told you have to ask the leader for the information on Simply filling as it is not readily available, as they really want you to learn portion control and counting points. These foods are called Power Foods and consist of whole foods, fruit, veggies, lean meats, whole grains. If you get e-tools the list is on there and it has the option of doing either plan or switching back and forth to try each out.
    If you need/want the list I do not mind sharing it with you.
    I'd love to see that list. Sounds like something I could work with.
    By time,

Jamilah I am sending you a private message.

Mickee

Jamilah sorry but it took 3 PM to get it to you but you should have it all now. Just ask if you need to know anything else.

Mickee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast