Thread: Dec 28 SFT Food Plans - power foods make you powerful

sodacracker Guest

Default Dec 28 SFT Food Plans - power foods make you powerful

Go team! Sounds like everyone had less junk yesterday than the day before let's keep that downward trend going.

B: large flake oats mixed with pumpkin, tea, coffee, water

S: rainbow smoothie with ground flax (1)

L: quinoa with black bean and taco sauce

S: clementine, rice with vegetables

D: chili, soy milk, lite bagel with pb (5)

S: stupid muffin from starbucks (8)

WPA's = 14 today + 6 yesterday = 20 as of day 2
    Last edited by sodacracker; 12-28-2010 at 08:56 PM. Reason: additions

Cool Re: Dec 28 SFT Food Plans - power foods make you powerful

Good Tuesday Morning......

Can I just say, that after one day of "clean eating" I feel so much better !!!

Here's Today's Menu's.......

Breakfast : 4 glasses of water
    1 Bosc Pear
    1 serving Oatmeal
    Coffee with light cream (1 pt.)

Lunch: forgot to eat as busy + + +

Snack: Baby carrots, 2 clementines

Dinner: CORE Meatloaf (one slice)
    Mashed Potato
    1/2 cup tinned gravy (2 pts.)
    Wax Beans

Bedtime snack: 1 C. SFFF Hot chocolate made with skim milk
    Last edited by The Rollercoaster Stops Here; 12-28-2010 at 05:47 PM.
    HERE WE GO AGAIN !!

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

Replies

Default Re: Dec 28 SFT Food Plans - power foods make you powerful

That's great, Karen. Have a great day, Soda...
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Replies

Good Morning!

I woke up today with my resolve still intact so that is good!! I'm working on my second mug of tea (Twinings blackcurrant) and having some of the quinoa and veggie salad as a late breakfast. I find that breakfast can make or break me. I'm not ready to start the day out with fruit because I'm concerned that it might trigger me off with other sweets. I'm not one to have eggs for breakfast. I'm also trying to stay gluten-free as much as possible so no toast or the like either. So, two days in a row of eating lunch at breakfast (and then lunch at lunch! LOL) is what I need to do until I'm okay to have a smoothie or some grains with fruit in the morning!

My goal is to get with the SFT plan going forward. It might take me a few days to change my recipes back, etc but I'm making definite progress!!
    Kimberley

Replies

I rejoined WWs about a month ago. I like the new program, but I'm wondering about the Simply Filling aspect. The WW website doesn't offer much explanation or at least I've not found it.

Several years ago I did Core so is SF a new and improved version of Core?

I slept really late for me, past 10 a.m. But now trying to get moving with my first cup of tea. I unfortunately am a daily weigher, so did that and weight is moving in the right direction, tested my blood sugar and it is down a couple of points. So there are the motivations I need for another day on plan.

BREAKFAST
    Hot tea, steel cut oats with apple and cinnamon and touch of agave nectar.

SNACK
    baby carrots and ranch dip (1)

LUNCH
    Core sloppy Joe's, Orowheat whole wheat bun (5),

SNACK
    grapes and greek yogurt

DINNER
    1/2 chicken breast, cabbage

SNACK
    cottage cheese (2) and small banana
    Never give up or look back,

Mickee

HW: 238
    WW: 8/18/06--210

GOAL: 130

sodacracker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JB1114 View Post
    I rejoined WWs about a month ago. I like the new program, but I'm wondering about the Simply Filling aspect. The WW website doesn't offer much explanation or at least I've not found it.

Several years ago I did Core so is SF a new and improved version of Core?
    Here is a list of the foods that do not have to be counted on SFT. I don't use e- tools so can't help with where you might find info online. If you go to meetings there is a handout on SFT. Keep on posting

sodacracker Guest

Hi everyone,
    Just reporting in at the end of my day ( no food after 6) that I was successful today in all my food choices. I wandered the boxed chocolates aisle at the drugstore ( 50% off doncha' know ) but successfully talked myself out of that false bargain.

How did you do today?

Red face Re: Dec 28 SFT Food Plans - power foods make you powerful

Quote Originally Posted by sodacracker View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I wandered the boxed chocolates aisle at the drugstore ( 50% off doncha' know ) but successfully talked myself out of that false bargain.
    Quick check in at the end of a very busy day.

Soda.........I was wandering the drugstore as well, and walked by that candy aisle. I did see a man perusing the choices, and all I could think was......."OMG, How can you even look at that stuff" ??? . (I was trying to be non-judgmental, but I guess I couldn't get over the fact how physically ill I've felt over the past few days)

Mickee.........Good job on the eating plan !!!

JB1114......To be quite honest, I don't think CORE and SiFi are all that different.

Kimberley.......You sound so happy and positive with the changes you've made thus far.

Carol........Hi !!! Hoping you are having a good day.

Me

HERE WE GO AGAIN !!

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

One thing I am still wondering. Using SFT are we still limited to once a day of potatoes, rice or pasta? I cannot find the answer to this anywhere and most people I ask look at me like I am nuts as they count points.

Mickee

Replies

Good Evening!

Feeling good about the day. I wound up spending a chunk of it in the kitchen-- I made a big batch of quinoa and raw veggie salad, roasted 3lbs of brussels sprouts with an Epicure maple glaze, "candied" 4lbs of sweet potatoes and carrots (using a fraction of the brown sugar the recipe called for) and made a gigantic batch of non-mayo potato & veggie salad. Everything was Core, except for the small amounts of maple syrup in the sprouts, the brown sugar in the sweet potatoes, some roasted almonds in the quinoa salad, and the extra-virgin olive oil as I had more than 2tsp total today between all the recipes. But, that's what the 49 weeklies are for, plus APs. I did make it out for the 2 mile walk so that helps too.

I'm still feeling ravenously hungry most of the time, but that's good. I haven't been feeling hunger lately. I know that this is just withdrawal and adjustment. It will get easier each day!!

Soda- Thanks for the link!

Karen- I feel like I'm making positive steps instead of the negative ones of late. I have to find a balance because I spent too much time working today. But if I don't do that, then I have nothing good on hand when it's time to eat and it makes it so much harder to make the right choice in that moment!!
    Kimberley

sodacracker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mickee View Post
    One thing I am still wondering. Using SFT are we still limited to once a day of potatoes, rice or pasta? I cannot find the answer to this anywhere and most people I ask look at me like I am nuts as they count points.
    that rule is gone.

sodacracker Guest

had to stop in again with an example of an unplanned add on ...

I forgot to take my last dose of antibiotics with dinner so, about 90 minutes later when I remembered, I was at the mall. Ate a low fat muffin from Starbucks with some water - and thought to ask for the NI so I could calculate at home - fat 1 grm, carbs 65(!), fibre 2, protein 4 = 8 points

Not worth the points, dry, heavy, oddly sweet

heading up the thread to enter that in

Thanks for the answer to my question. YEAH!!!!

so sorry about the muffin. I love Starbucks everything, but 8 points I would not spend on it.

Mickee

Replies

Yes, thank you for the power foods list, Soda. I'm guessing "soup" would mean any soup made with all Power Foods, and any non-Power foods would mean count points for them.

Any other changes? Besides dropping the limits, and losing a few foods? (Avocados, olives, fat-free evaporated milk) And gaining some? (light bread, light english muffin, hamburger/hotdog buns) And then getting more points, on the whole.

Are most people eating 29 (that are close to goal)? And how many additional weekly and activity points?

Does it "feel" like Core/Simply Filling? Or is there something I'm missing?...

I might have to go and just pick up the materials and see what's happening!

sodacracker Guest

that's about it - they also took of ff/sf pudding mix and some canned soups (rollercoaster karen did not like that! ) but you have the gist of it.

I am at 29 points plus the 49 WPA- rollercoaster karen is on maintenance so maybe she can post to tell us what that looks like on the new plan.

It is not that different, the free fruits encourage those as snacks which is probably good for some people, and I have opted for fruit over bread a few times so good for me too!

non power foods may have gone up in points, but with an additional 14 a week it all evens out.

Replies

Thanks, Soda. Do you think the points-boost (having more of them, and non-power foods "costing" more) was to strongly encourage fruits and more strongly discourage processed foods?...Sounds like it, but I was wondering if you thought so too.

Fruit over bread sounds like WW's plan is working.

Meemsey Guest

Hi all--Yes, indeedy, Carol--your assessment of WW's new program is spot on. In my training for the PointsPlus program, they kept emphasizing that the Points Plus was designed to give us a "gentle nudge" toward healthier eating. I have been counting points on the new program since early Oct (also part of training) and find that it is easy as pie and I eat like I do when I do SFT. The new formula doesn't even include calories--fat, carbs, protein, and fiber. Recomputing EVERYTHING was the most time consuming and frustrating part of the experience for me, but has really paid off in the long run--even for SFT--since we get more WPA and many of the values have changed, it has been a good thing for me to have to completely go PointsPlus. Happy New Year to all! And loving thoughts to you Carol as you go thru this difficult time with your mom.

Replies

Thank you so much, Meemsey.

I think it will also be interesting to see if it really is working for people. You'll have a great chance to see this Meem, since you're a WW receptionist, right?...