Thread: Returned to WW Meetings and Learning the WW PointsPlus Plan

Replies

Talking Returned to WW Meetings and Learning the WW PointsPlus Plan

Good morning buddies,
    Let's see if an old dog can learn new tricks!!

Dec 27, 2010... I rejoined Weight Watchers last night, went to my first meeting and was introduced to the new WW PointsPlus plan.

I'm excited to start the new plan and to "relearn" the new program with a higher focus on quality nutrition!!

I was initially a little anxious about the higher PointsPlus values of my favorite everyday standbys: For instance, my 1 Point sandwich thins and bagel thins are now 3 PointsPlus points but it works out because we now get more daily target points.

My initial anxiety was put to rest when after the meeting I went home to "recalculate" the points I had already tracked for the day using the OLD plan... I was very pleased to see that it balanced out to the exact point!! While some of my food items were higher in points, my "free fruit" balanced out thouse points and at the end of the day, I used all of my PointPlus points with none left over... Rechecking with the old Points system, it was exactly the same - all points used with none left over.

I'll be going to Saturday morning meetings, but since this Saturday is the New Year's holiday, I'll go again next Monday night and thereafter transition to Saturday mornings.

Got my turn on our new Christmas toy last night: Santa brought us a new Gold's Gym Treadmill!! I did my first 1/2 hour walk/jog workout last night... Must ease back into this activity thing...

It feels absolutely wonderful to be back, and to be taking the first steps toward regaining control of my life!!

Wish me luck as I learn this new program...

love,
    peg

Highest wt 202 Current wt 190.6 Goal wt 141

Restarted Fresh Jan 1st, 2013
    49.6 pounds to my goal weight

49 by 49!!
    My Goal is to lose 49 pounds by by 49th birthday, Jan 21, 2014

scrappinsue Guest

Default Re: Returned to WW Meetings and Learning the WW PointsPlus Plan

I'm planning on rejoining this week. So, do you think that you're going to like the new plan? I'm looking forward to getting the materials and getting started!
    Susan

Good job, Peg! Nothing will make you feel better than taking good care of yourself!
    “May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night. May the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being. May you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life.”

Peggy,

Welcome back! I remember you from years back, when I posted under a different user name. I also just recently re-joined WW and came back to BCB.

I'm so happy to see you back! Much luck with the new P+ program!
    Dolciani
    229.5/220.6/135

Replies

Good for you rejoining. I like the new program and think it's very healthy. Some are complaining about higher points being assigned to high carb and high fat foods, but for me it's great. Carbs may taste oh so good, but they are not my friends. I do much better on a lower carb program.

Replies

Hi Susan, Robin, Dolciani, and JB1114,

So far, I am loving the new PointsPlus program and have adjusted to the minor differences!!

Very excited to be off and running with the new plan and jump starting this new year ahead of us!!

Best wishes,
    Peggy
    Highest wt 202 Current wt 190.6 Goal wt 141

Restarted Fresh Jan 1st, 2013
    49.6 pounds to my goal weight

49 by 49!!
    My Goal is to lose 49 pounds by by 49th birthday, Jan 21, 2014

Hey Peg!!

I remember you too from years back. I'm back again too and need this board and am so happy to be "home" with you girls again Hi Dolciani-what name did you post under before?

Let's do a repeat performance girls of our healthy selves from a few years back!!!

Happy New Year everyone!
    Michelle SW 180/ CW 180/ WWG 125