Thread: plan plan plan thursday

sodacracker Guest

Default plan plan plan thursday

breakfast: my favourite green shake with freshly ground flax. Man, I love that start to the morning.

Lunch: 1 bag of pre mixed tossed salad + 1 diced apple + 1 diced navel orange + 1 ounce walnuts + fig vvinegar for zap! leftover oatmeal, cold about 1 cup. I know, wierd, but this has been a fallback saitety filler sice I started Core.

Dinner: added 1 bag frozen diced carrot, onion and celery ( 6 cups) and 2 cans salt free mixed beans and a generous splash of chipotle sauce + 1/2 cup water andn bubbling in the slow cooker. Probably make some rice for the kids and DH to eat with this and I will have it on its own with more vegetables.
    Last edited by sodacracker; 11-04-2010 at 03:54 PM. Reason: additions

Replies

Default Re: plan plan plan thursday

Good Morning!

I think I'm feeling a little bit better today. I guess it's all relative when I have been dealing with allergies (or something similar) for the past month now. I'm planning to walk the boys to school and then down to the hardware store to pick up the spray paint for the trees. I forgot to do it yesterday so when the estimator came over, she was wandering around our property looking for marked trees. Whoops!!

Claire's got a vball game on the other side of the city after school. My plan is to drive them there and stay. Hopefully Jeff can watch the boys until I get home, though I think he's got a staff meeting during the time I'll be gone. I'll have to talk to the boys on our walk and figure out a plan. Claire has basketball after dinner.

In OP news, I made a huge batch of baked banana oatmeal last night so I have a good breakfast plan. I am going to ask Jeff to make some dal for lunch (I'll make the rice to go with it). We haven't had oven fries for dinner yet this week so I think tonight will be a good night for that as I can cut up the potatoes this afternoon and have Jeff put them in the oven when his meeting is over so he can monitor them!!
    Kimberley

Replies

Arrow Re: plan plan plan thursday

I love PLAN in the title, Soda! That's my focus. Planning helps sooooooooooo much. Morning, K!

B: Greens Smoothie: love to start the day that way, too. Have you read Mitch Spinach? I read an excerpt. Hey, your boy might like it (if he's not too old). Mitch gets started with a turbo-smoothie each morning (carries his smoothie maker in a special back-pack to school) and SOLVES all the daily school problems (helps out the principal) with his POWERS (gained from drinking the green smoothie! LOL! )

I think I'll call myself Carol Kale! With amazing SUPER POWERS!

Lunch: confetti salad w/nut-dressing

Dinner: smokey black-eyed peas, greens....brown rice?

And I've got to get exercise, too.

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

sodacracker Guest

instructions to soda: stressful meeting with teacher at 6 to discuss IEP wth young inexperienced teacher that thinks she knows it all.
    Step 1 - drink some herbal tea when you get home from work.
    Step 2 - meet teacher
    Step 3 - listen listen listen
    Step 4 - do not sign off on any plan. Bring it home to review.
    step 5 - come home, have more soothing tea and DO NOT EAT TO DEAL WITH STRESS! Got that?
    Step 6- report in here.

Replies

Question Re: plan plan plan thursday

SUCH a good plan!...Is that what you wish you would have done?...Or are you planning for the future?...

sodacracker Guest

meeting her in 30 minutes . At home with the pre-tea.
    Last edited by sodacracker; 11-04-2010 at 06:50 PM.

sodacracker Guest

Reporting in: Success!

Sitting here with some soothing chamomile tea and a bowl of spicy beans. Did not stop for a "I deserve it treat" and best of all have a pretty good plan for DS at school thanks to a retired teacher who offered to sit in on the meeting and steer things

sodacracker Guest

Carol do you ever make extra smoothie in the morning and take it with you for the day?

Replies

It sure does help posting here again.

Today was Diversity Day at work. I am co-chair of the committee for the last year. We were to have BBQ hot dogs earlier in the year but were continually postponed due to other issues at work. So today was the day. Yesterday on my day off, senior management decided that we did not need the veggie dogs and we would just have the turkey dogs instead. Another group was having ice cream to celebrate something else, so the menu for the day was turkey hot dogs and ice cream cones.

Last night I decided to make a salad and bring an apple with "just in case". I calculated in e-tools for the salad, fruit, veggie dog and a bun. Of course, I did not eat the hot dog nor the ice cream. I was nearly starving by the time I left work. I wanted to stop to pick up some salsa for tomorrow night's dinner, but did not dare walk into anyplace that dangerous while I was so hungry.

I came home and ate one handful of cherry tomatoes right away. I cut up one head cauliflower and sprinkled it with chili powder and put it into the oven. I washed and wrapped on yam and put that in the oven. Then I put the lead on Gibbs and headed out for a 30 min walk!

By the time we got home the cauliflower was done (and quite tasty). The yam was done by the time I had finished the cauliflower. I added some low na+ black beans and the last of the salsa to the yam. Now that I am done eating I feel quite satiated and and quite happy with myself.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Replies

Soda, great job on staying to the plan! Impressive!

Carol, love the Carol Kale!

K, glad you are better!
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.

Replies

Thumbs up Re: plan plan plan thursday

I haven't, Soda. One for the day usually seems like enough. (I have carried one with me to drink on the way in an insulated stainless steel bottle. That will keep it COLD all day)

And I have walked out carrying my confetti salad and beans in a refrigerated lunch pack. I LOVE it when I'm prepared like that!

sodacracker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by *WWDonna* View Post
    It sure does help posting here again.

, but did not dare walk into anyplace that dangerous while I was so hungry.

I came home and ate one handful of cherry tomatoes right away. I cut up one head cauliflower and sprinkled it with chili powder and put it into the oven. I washed and wrapped on yam and put that in the oven. Then I put the lead on Gibbs and headed out for a 30 min walk!

By the time we got home the cauliflower was done (and quite tasty). The yam was done by the time I had finished the cauliflower. I added some low na+ black beans and the last of the salsa to the yam. Now that I am done eating I feel quite satiated and and quite happy with myself.
    Donna, a whole lot of good things in that post - I wish you had had more food during the day though. Smart move not to go into the store when starving. Walking the dog as an antidote to eating was very smart.

Replies

Thank you Soda.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.