Thread: SiFi Weekly......September 13th to 19th/10

Cool SiFi Weekly......September 13th to 19th/10

Good Morning to all my SiFi Buds !!!

Just getting the thread started for another OP week. Just finished my Elliptical workout in the gym, and thought I'd start us off before heading to the showers.

My main goal for today is to get outside, and get out of the "funk" I've been in for the past couple of days. With the exception of having to do errands Saturday morning........I've been indoors all weekend. Definitely not good !!! Thinking a good long walk is in order !!!!

Karen
    HERE WE GO AGAIN !!

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

Default Re: SiFi Weekly......September 13th to 19th/10

Good morning Karen! I agree that a good, long walk is in order for you!

Semi-challenging-yet-exciting-day ahead for me today. We will be taking our intro students on a field trip to the fashion district today and then it is back to campus and then later I will be teaching the Sewing 101 class at JoAnn's. The challenging part will be finding TWO meals that will keep me OP in environments that aren't known for being healthy-eating-friendly. But I know I can do it...or, at least, minimize damage and use more WPA's than usual today. Normally I take my lunch with me to school but today is just one of those days that we have to learn how to handle in a positive way to achieve a healthy and fit lifestyle.

I'll let you know tonight what I did to be successful in a semi-challenging situation!
    Note: I follow the Winning Points program

Replies

Hi Karen and Julie and all other buddies!

Just popping in from work. I was out all morning and need to get to work! I am feeling scattered today for a bunch of reasons...need to get focused.

Karen, hope you get outdoors today! It is BEAUTIFUL where I am!

Julie, SO good to see you posting again!!!! Have fun with your classes today and I KNOW you'll do great in your challenging situation food-wise!

Make it great buds!

Hey buddies!

having a good day here today! Met a friend for coffee & then went shopping to find some new shoes - and bought a new handbag!! Still no shoes, I take a 10W and have a hard time finding shoes that are comfortable and not too old fashioned. I might head to Plattsburgh (NY) in the next couple of weeks & try there.

Our friends who are in town are coming for dinner tonight. I am making turkey tetrazzini with WW pasta & leftover turkey from yesterday with a big salad.

Karen - hope you got out for your walk & it cleared your head.

Julie Ann - hope you conquered your challenges today!

Have a great evening buddies.

becky

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

hey buddies!

It's quiet around here!

My presentation went really well in French class yesterday. Today I went to work for a few hours but my boss was in meetings & not available to explain what she wants doing so I left early. It's a waste for her to pay me when there is nothing for me to do.

We went to an Indian restaurant with a group of friends last night. DH & I realised we hadn't had a babysitter since March!! One of my former staff came over for a few hours & the boys were very happy to see her. At the Indian DH & I didn't have appetisers as they tend to be fried, and chose our meals carefully to get curries that aren't cream based. It still used WPA's - but not as bad as it would have been if I wasn't on SiFi!!

I have just ordered Odie a raincoat from Lands End - they are ridiculously expensive in the stores ($50+) and I found one on the Lands End site for $16.99!! I did splurge an extra $5 to get it monogrammed. I also ordered a pair of shoes that were in the sale - I don't usually buy shoes online but they are listed as a wide fit so I thought I'd give them a go. I googled & found a free shipping code to Canada so I did well with my shopping!! I haven't ordered from there before, but hear good things from friends about their products.

It's homework time here now. I have a 'dictee' tomorrow which is a spelling test. the teacher is going to read a paragraph to us & we have to write it down. Should be interesting!!

Happy Hump Day buddies!

Becky

PS I weighed yesterday - down 1lb!

Cool Re: SiFi Weekly......September 13th to 19th/10

Good Afternoon SiFi Buds...........

Thought I'd change the colour of my font, as it's a day where it really feels like autumn. Although sunny at present, we've had lots of dark grey cloud about. Add into that, a strong NW wind......I actually felt cold in my jeans, sweater, and jacket !!!! I've already put my gloves out for my walk to work tomorrow !!!

I've been pretty busy today doing "stuff" but things have been pretty quiet on the "exercise front". I skipped the gym this morning as I just didn't "feel like it". As far as walking, I only got a 50 minute walk in. Definitely one of my "less than stellar" efforts on the exercise front !!!

Otherwise, little else is new.

Becky.........Congrats on being down one pound !!! Good job on your choices at the Indian restaurant. I'm glad to hear your presentation went well in French class. I'm sure you'll do great tomorrow on the test !!!

Lynn..........I did manage to get out Monday, and Tuesday for some "good walks". Today I slacked off a bit . Sooooo, I'll aim to do better next time.

Julie.........

TTFN

K

HERE WE GO AGAIN !!

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

Weird. I could have sworn I wrote a big long reply earlier this evening....

Replies

Hello there buddies!!!!

OK, I'm back and can't wait to catch up with everyone! I sat down and made my menu for the week last night. It will be quite different this time as I always had plenty of time to cook before I started working full time . I'll figure it out, if you all can do it, so can I!

The wedding was just perfect! I'll try to get some pics up soon ( I'll have to wait for some help, I still don't know how to do it! ). All that stressing, and fretting was all for nothing. The bride was beautiful ( if I do say so myself ), the weather was perfect, and it was so nice to have my whole family together! The next morning, at 10 am, we were off to pick out my other daughter's wedding gown! Yes, I had about a cup of coffee between weddings! Really, it was because both my sisters were there and we wanted then to share in the "experience". DD found a gown and looks just beautiful in it, so here we go again!

I'm really going to try to post daily, I always found it so helpful and I really love all my buddies! I'm off to the farmer's market to start my SF journey once again, with help from you guys, I know I'll be back to "normal" soon. Talk to you soon. Have a great one!
    *Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Hey buddies!

Linda - great to see you! Looking forward to seeing some photos soon!!

Had a good day, didn't get too mnay faults on my spelling test!! This evening it's 'meet the teacher' at the boys school, it's always an interesting experience as the teachers speak only French. We always go even if we don't understand a lot, as you sit at your childs desk & I feel we should show up.

Here's the school bus!! Time to find snacks for the kids!

Becky

Replies

Popping in buds! Sounds like everyone is doing GREAT! Linda, nice to see you back!!!

I am doing a 125 mile bike ride tomorrow. My longest E V E R!!!! I'm a little nervous. It's to benefit a local retreat center and it is a one way ride. From southern Lancaster to Rehoboth Beach. Hilly at first then FLAT! The flat part should be fine...hoping my neck and back can handle it! Needless to say I will NOT be posting tomorrow but I WILL be getting P L E N T Y of exercise!

Replies

Here's a a picture real quick. I'll post more soon.
    *Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Linda - beautiful picture! You must be very proud.

Lynn - 125 miles!!! GOOD LUCK!! I'll be thinking of you.

Replies

Good Morning Buddies!

Well, day one went very well. After a trip to the farm market I cut up lots of veggies and have tons of fruit at the ready. I bought a bottle of that spray salad dressing to leave at work. I can always get salad so today I'll take some leftover chicken to add to my lunch salad. I'm going "all-core" until Sunday, then I'll start journaling and using WAP and APs. I have to journal or I totally lose track of the points I use. Next, I have to plan some exercise . It was always easy to get a workout in when I was not working. I may have to join a gym for the winter, that would put a fire under my behind, I hate to waste $$!!

Becky~ Thanks on the picture. Hope "meet the teacher" went well. I'd be crazy if I couldn't understand what was being said. I feel akward when they speak spanish on the phone!

Lynn~ Good luck on your ride!! Holy-moley!!! That's quite a long ride! (doesn't your hiney hurt after a while?)

Hope all buddies have a great day! Can't wait to catch up with all of you! See ya later!
    *Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Checking so that you know I'm still here....Still feeling a bit under the weather but better than I did earlier in the week. The scratchy throat and congestion never escalated but it hasn't really gone away, either.

Replies

Why can't I sleep after long rides? I have hypotheses (caffeine in the morning, but REALLY? it was MORNING??), all pumped up on adrenaline/endorphins? Who knows??

The ride went well, but one of my riding buddies had THREE flats and it turned out we had ONE good tube amongst the three of us riding. (Posted about this on the moving more thread too.) Averaged 16.8, 7:29 ride time. Over ten hours total time due to flats and waiting for help when we were out of tubes. PLUS the final tube leaked TOO and we had to stop to pump it up a few times!

YES your hiney hurts, Linda and so do other things too! But the flats kind of kept our minds off those other things =)

Linda, beautiful picture!!

Julie, sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather! Hope you feel better soon!

Hi, Becky and Karen and all other buddies!

We have a 55 mile training ride that I intend to do! I've been up since 4 though...