Thread: WW iPhone App (or other point counting systems)

Default WW iPhone App (or other point counting systems)

So, we just can't afford WW anymore. We have the books, we count our points, and we are doing well, but having to change to manually counting, instead of typing it in online and the computer automatically counting your points, has really discouraged my husband. He wanted to get the iPhone app that would count points, but you still have to have your membership or subscription to the website. Does anyone know of an online way (or an app) to count points without having to pay the monthly subscription? Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed having it, but right now we just cant justify that much money going to a weight loss website when we don't go to meetings anyway (none in our town) and we have all the books to stay on track. Any suggestions?

Replies

Default Re: WW iPhone App (or other point counting systems)

I don't know of another WWer app, other than the official one. I do know there are other free sites where you can track calories, sites like sparkpeople. Whether those are available on the iPhone, I don't know. Can't you do some kind of search on the iPhone for apps? Or do you need to know what specific ones you're looking for?

Just out of curiousity (and please don't take this the wrong way), how much are you paying per month for the data access for the iPhone? I don't have an iPhone, or any "smart" phone because I don't want to pay the additional $30 or $40/month for the data access, also I don't want my phone to be smarter than I am. It's all in priorities.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

I like iWatchr.
    Trudie
    HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6
    CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

If you have a Points slider and can calculate the Points values of everything you eat, then have you considered just making an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of your daily points? If you are someone that is on the computer a lot, that might be easier than just using a pen and paper.
    Since 10/31/09, I've lost 75.2 lbs.
    Now I'm just .8 lbs away from reaching goal!
    Average weekly weight loss for 43 weeks on the program: 1.7 lbs/week.
    I feel great; nothing can stop me now!!!

I have an iPod touch and I use an app that's called Nutrition (the symbol is blue with a spoon/fork on it.) It will track points using the WW formula. It has a food list that seems to be as extensive as the official WW one & even more restaurant listings than the WW app. I really like the app because it has a weight tracker, exercise calculator, water intake journal, and it also tracks all of your nutritional info for what you eat. The app only cost $1.99 or $2.99. Since getting it, I have cancelled my WW online subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by esperanza8 View Post
    I have an iPod touch and I use an app that's called Nutrition (the symbol is blue with a spoon/fork on it.) It will track points using the WW formula. It has a food list that seems to be as extensive as the official WW one & even more restaurant listings than the WW app. I really like the app because it has a weight tracker, exercise calculator, water intake journal, and it also tracks all of your nutritional info for what you eat. The app only cost $1.99 or $2.99. Since getting it, I have cancelled my WW online subscription.
    Off to check that one out, thanks!
    Trudie

FYI, for a limited time, Nutrition Menu is on sale for .99. I just bought for my touch and I am going to give it a try.
    Trudie

8. Default Re: WW iPhone App (or other point counting systems)

Wow- I am excited to have 2 new APPS to try out. I have been calculating points manually on an Excel spreadsheet but often slack due to the task being so tedious and not always where I am when I am eating. Hoping that one of these 2 will work

Thanks for sharing
    212/182/155/161/
    HW/SW/Goal/CW/
    Lifetime Reached 4/24/07

Been up and down since 2007- focusing back on the DOWN as my new personal goal is 155.... Rejoined Dec 6, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Little Chubber View Post
    I like iWatchr.
    Does iWatchr have the new points plus???
    ~*~ Amy