Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dreamsicle Cake - 3 points

TooFluffy Guest

Dreamsicle Cake -3 points

-for cake-
    1 Duncan Heinz Classic White cake mix
    2 egg whites
    1 can diet orange soda (Slice, Sunkist, etc.)

-for filling-
    1 sm. pkg. orange flavor sugar free Jello
    1 cup hot water
    1 cup cold water

-for frosting-
    1 sm. pkg. orange flavor sugar free Jello
    1 sm. pkg. INSTANT fat free, sugar free vanilla pudding
    1 cup 2% milk
    1 tsp. vanilla
    8 oz. tub Cool Whip Free topping

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13 cake pan with Pam. Mix dry cake mix with orange soda and egg whites. Blend 30 seconds until moistened and then 2 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into pan and bake 33-35 minutes, or until done in center.

Mix 1 pkg. orange jello powder with hot water until dissolved. Add cold water and stir.
    Poke holes in cake with fork that the tines have been sprayed with Pam. Pour orange mixture evenly over hot cake. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.

For frosting, mix together the second dry orange jello mix and the dry vanilla pudding mix. Then add milk and vanilla, stir well. Gently fold in the Cool Whip. Spread on COLD cake. Keep refrigerated.

Your family will not know this is a points-friendly recipe!

Nutritional Info: 1 serving = 1/15 of cake
    Calories - 140
    Fat - 2.8 gr.
    Calories from fat - 25
    Fiber - 0
    Carbohydrates - 27.2
    Protein - 1.6 gr.
    WW points - 3

Replies

This sounds great. I think I'll try it for July 4th.

Band Mom Guest

I tried this recipe with diet lemon-lime soda and lemon jello...very good. Thanks for the recipe.

This recipe is an absolute keeper. I made it for a family gathering and it was definitely a hit!
    Success is a journey not a destination!

Yum! This one will have to get tested at my house. Sounds delicious!
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Mmmm, this sounds so summery and refreshing!
    Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

Replies

This cake was awesome! Thanks for posting it. I've made it twice already - once with the orange jello and once with mixed fruit flavored jello - both ways were quite excellent.

I think I'm going to try it with diet ginger ale and strawberry jello next....
    Cathy<br />Joined WW (for the last time) 6/26/01<br />Made **lifetime 6/05/02**<br />233.4/136.6/145<br />"The great end of life is not knowledge, but action"

Replies

I used to make something like this way back in the '70s only with the regular (ie, not sugar free, low fat, etc) ingredients. It was wonderful! Definitely I'm going to try this recipe. Sheila

This is WONDERFUL!

TooFluffy Guest

Glad you all like it!! I made it again recently using diet Sprite for the soda and raspberry jello. It was so good!!

Thanks for the other ideas, too!

YUM! I made this yesterday to rave reviews! I'll definitely make it again [img]smile.gif[/img] I tried the orange & will try a different flavor next time. Thanks for a keeper [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Made this today. YUM! Everyone loved it. If I could personally get over the artificial sweetner taste it would be perfect.

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

TooFluffy Guest

A woman at my book club says she's going to use red in the cake and green in the frosting for Christmas! Hey, why not??? Other "cool" desserts are served in the winter months....

My sister-in-law made the Jello "Poke" layer cake several years ago by making white cake and after poking the baked cakes, poured red jello over one layer and green jello over the other and then frosted it with Cool Whip. Quite an impressive looking dessert!

15. Post

Toofluffy, this sounds great--anxious to try it for my meeting next week. The members love my WW recipes!

WCFD52 Guest

Bump for DeAnna and Phyllis - this is a family favorite now and every time I bring it somewhere people want the recipe. I almost hate to give away the secret that its SHHHHH...low fat .

Enjoy!!

Shannon [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

This is absolutely wonderful. I had to cut it in sections right off because it is so tempting. Thanks Shannon for bumping it up. I think I may make it all the time for a dessert. If I have six points left in the evenings when we eat dessert I will have two pieces. I love it.

Phyllis
    Rover<br /><br />SW 349<br />CW 294<br />GW 170

Default Re: Dreamsicle Cake - 3 points

I made this today and it was an all time hit with my family and they didn't even know it was WW lol....my little 9 year old had a blast helping momma with it too...thank you so much for posting this....it was awesome.....thanks
    Misty

SW-274
    CW-234.0
    Total destroyed 40.0

~Proud member of The Buddy System~

-If you fail to plan, you plan to fail

littlemissruckus Guest

I make vanilla cake mix cup cakes with diet orange soda all the time and it is very good. I also use diet cherry 7 up which is also outstanding for anyone who might want to change the flavor of this recipe. When i bake with chocolate i use diet vanilla cherry dr.pepper.

I'm thinking of making it with the diet cherry 7up and cherry jello instead. I'm not too much of an orange person.

Sounds wonderful Thanks! Ginah
    Weight watchers is a tool its up to me how I use it!

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/DGJP8991/

luvmyelcamino Guest

I am a huge dreamsicle fan and maybe this will help to make me a smaller one!

I think just about any diet soft drink would be good for this recipe....I am going to play the next time with some other flavors and see how it turns out....
    Misty

SW-274
    CW-234.0
    Total destroyed 40.0

~Proud member of The Buddy System~

-If you fail to plan, you plan to fail

Hailey Guest

Thanks for the recipe, it sounds absolutely wonderful.

bumping for Sally
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

Thumbs up Re: Dreamsicle Cake - 3 points

Thank You so so much,I have been searching for this for a long time,thank you for taking the time to post it,I want to bring it to my brothers BBQ this 4th of July,Thanks again to all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast