Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What satisfies your sweet tooth?

WANNALOOZIT Guest

Default What satisfies your sweet tooth?

What is your favorite low point snack when you are craving something sweet?

I have a sweet tooth, so I'm looking for some alternative low point snack ideas.

Thanks!!

Default Re: What satisfies your sweet tooth?

I also have a sweet tooth but last year decided to cut-out artificial sweetners and eat more "real" foods so I find the package snacks don't work for me. What's been filling my sweet cravings lately has been..... dates! You actually get a few pitted dates for your points, they are incredibly sweet, are very delicious and are "real" food. I love em!
    Monique

SW: 198
    CW: 145
    WW Goal: 148
    PG: 140

WANNALOOZIT Guest

Monique, I don't think I've ever had dates, do they taste like raisins? Or what???

Replies

Most of the time I'll go for bananas, mangos, strawberries, blueberries - really fruit of any kind. Very occasionally, low fat sugar free pudding or jello, but usually when I have a sweet craving a small amount of "the real thing" whatever I'm craving works better. Diet soda works sometimes too.
    Terri
    SW: 309.8 / CW: 265.8 / Next Goal: 253.0 / WW Loss: 44.0 lbs

I like the WW icecreams. They are kind of expensive, but I think worth it when I have a sweet tooth. The fudgsicles are only a point and really good. I also like the sugar free puddings. I can never satisfy my sweet tooth with fruit or anything like that (I wish I could!)...I LOVE chocolate so I had to find some good substitutes for those cravings I get. I'd be interested to find out what other people eat for their sweet tooth too!
    SW: 196.6
    CW: 193.0 (-0.3 this week)
    GW: 140
    Starting date: 5/25/10

Weigh in Wed!

"Strength is the matter of a made up mind" -John Beecher

"A goal without a plan is just a wish"

WANNALOOZIT Guest

I've tried the WW ice creams, but the only one I think I like is the chocolate chip cookie dough one. I tried Mint Chocolate chip and cookies and cream and really didn't care for them. I found an ice cream that I absolutely love though, for only 1 point per serving! It's Blue Bunny Sugar Free Fat Free Caramel Toffee Crunch. It's so yummy! I have a hard time getting fruit to satisfy my sweets cravings too. I love the WW fudge bars, and Schwans actually makes a frozen yogurt called Chocolate Fudge Brownie that is 2 points per serving and is really delicious.

Replies

Christi,
    To answer your question about dates..........they taste kind of sweet and they are chewy. Here are the stats on pitted dates. The brand name is Sun Date.

I think they are a food that you either LOVE or HATE.

Serving size: 5-6 dates (40g)
    calories: 120
    Total fat: 0g
    Potassium: 240 mg
    Total carb: 31g
    Fiber: 3g
    Sugars: 29g
    Protein 1g

SW ​237

Goal: 150 10/01

If you really want to do something you'll find a way, if you don't you'll find an excuse.
    ~Jim Rohn~

Ooo Christi that Blue Bunny icecream sounds good! I'm going to try that next time.
    SW: 196.6
    CW: 193.0 (-0.3 this week)
    GW: 140
    Starting date: 5/25/10

Weigh in Wed!

"Strength is the matter of a made up mind" -John Beecher

"A goal without a plan is just a wish"

WANNALOOZIT Guest

Kat - I was really skeptical when I bought it, because I guess I had a thought in my mind that Sugar Free Fat Free probably meant it was also taste free, but it really is yummy!

I freeze yogurt until it is slightly firm -sort of the consistency of ice cream. Yum-o! Weight Watchers yogurt has 1 point and most other low fat ones have 2 points.

My WW meeting always has a pile of WW coupons and you can get $1.00 off 5 yogurts. That brings the cost more in line with the store brands.

Chocolate, oh chocolate-oh how I love thee! If I had the power to make one food -0- points it would be chocolate.

Lisa
    SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

WANNALOOZIT Guest

I'll have to give that a try, sounds yummy!

one of my favorites is to microwave a small container of no sugar added apple sauce and add splenda and cinnamon to it, tastes like apple pie!

I also like the 100 calorie Reese's or Hershey sticks and wafers.
    [COLOR="purple"]Melissa

HW 236.5
    Restart date - 8/13/10
    Restart weight- 213.6
    CW 198.4
    GW 160-170
    Lowest weight 168 Feb, 2008

WANNALOOZIT Guest

That sounds really good! I'll have to try that! The Reese's sticks sound good, I love Reese's stuff! Not sure if I've ever seen these before.

Replies

I love Dove chocolate squares. I have a box with milk, dark, peanut butter and caramel chocolates. Each piece is just 1 point!!
    Becca

That's not sweat, it's your fat cells crying.

Pregnant with Baby #3!!
    Due February 2012

WANNALOOZIT Guest

That sounds really good, I'm kind of craving something sweet right now anyway! I love chocolate, I wonder if I'd be able to only eat 1 or 2????

Replies
    Blog Entries

I love Carnation's Light Hot Chocolate Mix, only 1 PP per packet on the new program.
    Amy

SW/CW/GW
    248.4/224/125

Replies

I've found a tea that works really well to satisfy my sweet tooth, especially if it's after dinner. First time I had it, I was shocked that it was so sweet with no sweetener and no points.

It's called Good earth Sweet & Spicy Black tea with herbs and spices. I'm in Canada, so not sure if it's available in the states though. Website is www.goodearthteas.com I really love this stuff.
    Ann
    SW: 158.6 Dec 2010
    G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

18. Default Re: What satisfies your sweet tooth?

Dates are totally sweet... and oh so yummy. My best date advice is to avoid the crudy sub standard dates that are found at the grocery store and go for the real deal.... Madjool dates... big, yummy.... you can get them here
    By time,
    Indeed, mankind is in loss,
    Except for those who have believed and done righteous deeds and advised each other to truth and advised each other to patience.
    103:1-3

19. Default Re: What satisfies your sweet tooth?

I just had my sweet-tooth soothing treat (I have carrot cake in the fridge that I'm focusing on not eating).

Sliced apples and fresh berries in a bowl (I use whatever fruit I have in the house and, technically, the berries aren't "fresh" they're the ones found in the refrigerated section packed in what is essentially grape juice. I pour out the juice and soak the berries in water).

A dash of cinnamon

a tiny sprinkle of brown sugar

And, the thing that makes it a real treat, a drizzle of real, homemade caramel syrup. I made the syrup myself from cream, butter, and sugar. Yes, it's bad for you. No, I don't use much. Between the crystals of the brown sugar, the juices from the fruit, and the stickyness of the caramel, I honestly don't need more than just a drizzle. And I could drink caramel syrup.

This dessert fills me up, satisfies my sweet tooth and makes me feel like I've indulged.

Replies
    Blog Entries

I have a few standbys:

- cut up an apple and sprinkle with cinnamon - 0 points. Mix a little sugar in with the cinnamon--when you sprinkle it, you use probably less than 1 tsp and sugar is 1 point for one tbsp. I use so little that I generally count it as 0
    - Low Fat Creamsicle - 2 points
    - Take a SF pkg. of jello, 1 cup boiling water, stir until dissolved, then whisk in 1 cup of FF/SF yoghurt instead of the cold water (as per jello direction) and let set. The only thing that has points in this is the yoghurt, so use the nutritional information on the yoghurt to figure points-- the stuff I use comes out to 1 point.
    - Kozy Shack LF rice pudding (small size, no sugar added) - 2 pt. add "Light" Real Whipped Cream - 4 tbsp = 1 point
    Linda... just don't quit! Ever!

12/15/18 (155)
    08/15/19 -- down 14 lbs.

Replies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crescentbeachzoo View Post
    - cut up an apple and sprinkle with cinnamon - 0 points. Mix a little sugar in with the cinnamon--when you sprinkle it, you use probably less than 1 tsp and sugar is 1 point for one tbsp. I use so little that I generally count it as 0
    Ooh...that sounds good! When the roads are safe for me to drive on again, I'm definitely getting more apples and trying that.
    ~quix

http://musingsofanovereater.blogspot.com/

SW: 294 (12/21/10)
    CW: 261 (6/6/11)
    GW: 190

Replies

hands down... fat free chocolate pudding with whip cream. yummy. Also, oreos (2 double stuffed oreos for 3 points). Totally worth it.
    SW: 239.0 (12.30.10) CW: 233.6 (01.05.12) GW: 150
    Loss: 5.4 lbs thus far

Replies
    Blog Entries

I like those chocolate parfait nips. One's worth a point, and I've found it really helps me get through those moments when I'm not really hungry but still want to eat. Since you have to suck on them, they take a while to finish, and they're delicious and stop me from eating something else. Other times hot chocolate does the trick.
    ~quix

http://musingsofanovereater.blogspot.com/

SW: 294 (12/21/10)
    CW: 261 (6/6/11)
    GW: 190

I don't have a traditional sweet tooth, which makes me fortunate, I guess. I can, however devour an entire cake. I am a cake addict. When I used to attend my ex's family's "April Birthday" parties they were always amazed I could be so good on my diet, and not eat the cake. Little did they realize (other than the other half) that the party invariably during Pesach (Passover), and I wasn't tempted because I take not eating anything leavened during Pesach very seriously.

I find Apples work for me, as do the healthier cold cereals. (The less healthy ones don't do the job as well - seriously.) I will pop a mini-dark chocolate for a point as needed for that emotional/hormone fix but for the most part I can live without and don't feel tempted by candies or cake snacks (which is not the same as CAKE!).

I was buying the one point Hostess and WW snack cakes because they were filling, but now that they're no longer one point I probably won't bother as I won't feel they're "worth the points."

I'm sitting here eating a one cup serving of Corn Chex as I type this, and I can taste every bit of the sweet as it goes down.
    -------------------------------------------------
    To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    -------------------------------------------------
    Gay/Lesbian Issues
    http://rslevinson.com/gaylesissues

Thanks for the great ideas!!!
    Starting wt 282 7/12/06

Goal wt 180

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast