Thread: calories seem low with my points

1. Default calories seem low with my points

I am sorry if this issue has been addressed. I am new on this forum and I am not too good at finding things yet. I am at 18 points per day but I decided to count calories and I am coming in everyday at between 800 and 900 calories. Is this ok or am I doing something wrong? I just dug my old points slide out from many years back and decided I needed to make a change. I am financially unable to attend meetings like I used to. I never checked the calories when I used to be on the program. I didn't have a spreadsheet program like I do now! Gotta love technology!

Replies

Default Re: calories seem low with my points

Let's start with the right information.
    Here is the points formula. You also have 5 WPA (35 divided by 7 days of the Weekly Points Allowence) per day as well as any activity points that you have earned.
    What is your current height, weight and how much exercise are you getting every week?
    CW

WW FORMULA

1. Are you:
    Female?.........score 2
    Male?...........score 8
    Female and Breastfeeding?.....score 12

2. How old are you?
    17-26..............score 4
    27-37..............score 3
    38-47..............score 2
    48-58..............score 1
    over 58............score 0

3. What do you weigh?
    Enter the 1st 2 digits of your weight in pounds.

4. How tall are you?
    under 5'1.........score 0
    5'1 to 5'10.......score 1
    over 5'10.........score 2

5. Do you spend most of your day:
    sitting down?........score 0
    Occasionally sitting, but mainly standing?..... score 2
    Walking most of the time?......score 4
    Doing physically hard work most of the time?....score 6

6. Do you want to:
    Lose weight?...........score 0
    Maintain your current weight?....score 4

Ifyour numbers add up to more than 44, you only eat the 44, and if the number is lower than 18, you eat the 18.
    AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...d.php?t=202124

3. Default Re: calories seem low with my points

Using your formula, I believe I would be at 20 points. I am 42 years old, 5'8" and I am 150 lbs. (I do not add activity or flex points)
    I exersize at least 1 hr per day either bicycling outdoors or walking at a brisk pace. I live in Florida so it is very hot outside, so I am sweating and breathing fairly heavy. I can talk but not sing that is the pace I keep.
    I read online that you should not divide your flex points and add them to your daily points. As I understand it, the flex points are for one splurge, primarily due to the way the body processes food. (this could be wrong information, I just got it on a blog)

Replies

I use my flex points daily. They are not just for splurges. When you plan your meals, you need to get the 9 HGs in first, then use the remainder for other things. At my leader's suggestion, I divide my daily points (18) in half. I use 9 for breakfast and lunch, the other 9 for dinner and snacks. I usually add 3 of my weekly points per day.
    Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.

5. Default Re: calories seem low with my points

Thank you for setting me straight! It is difficult when there is so much bad information out there. I am glad I found a place where I can trust the information I am getting!
    I keep getting stressed out over reading that I will go into "starvation mode" from restricting my calories and my body will store fat and I will lower my metabolism if I eat so few calories. I just don't want to do anything wrong. I just want to lose a few pounds, eat well and be healthy!

Replies

To sustain a weight of 150 a 5' 5" woman in her 40's needs to eat about 36 points a day. (I looked this up not knowing your exact numbers)
    To sustain a weight of 115 she would need to eat about 30....
    If you eat at 20 and then try to eat 30 or more. The weight will pile right back on.
    If we learn to eat 24 to 28 with the level of exercise you do you will lose nicely and then be more likely to maintain your losses.

CW
    AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...d.php?t=202124