Thread: boca burgers

1. Default boca burgers

is there any good ne out there, some i havetried are aweful? any suggestions

mandy

Replies

Default Re: boca burgers

Quote Originally Posted by mandy508 View Post
    is there any good ne out there, some i havetried are aweful? any suggestions

mandy
    The Boca Chicken patties are terrific, but 3 points. There is no chicken in them, and they are not fried; yet they taste like fried chicken. My whole family loves them.
    FREEDOM'S just another word for NOTHING LEFT TO LOSE.

Replies

I haven't had one in awhile, but I liked the original flame grilled. They do NOT taste like a hamburger pattie, you have to appreciate them for what they are.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

I get the original flame grilled too, but I add a slice of 2% cheese for an extra point. Top with ketchup & mustard and it kinda tastes like a hamburger.
    FLEX since 8/21/07 | MO Platoon member #11 | See my slideshow

Replies

I like the bruscetta ones. I just load them up with 0 point veggies- Lettuce, tomatoes, a little onion, some srouts if I have them, pickles, spicy mustard.

claire52 Guest

I used to love them...unfortunately I can't seem to find them where I live anymore!

Replies

I do like them, but only on the bbq and topped up with lots of veggies. I eat them often in the summer.
    Moe

I like em! Flame Grilled is good, there's another that is supposed to taste like veggies, which is tasty in the extreme, but like they've said, the don't taste like beef, they aren't made from beef so they don't taste that way.

WANNALOOZIT Guest

I just tried these last week, and I think they were fine, but my whole family are big burger lovers, so I think I just couldn't get over the thought that they really weren't beef. I kind of thought they tasted like a burger you would get out of the cooler at a gas station. I like them for the small amount of points, but would rather have a real beef burger. I'd like to try the chicken ones that were mentioned, but I haven't seen them anywhere.

I agree they aren't the best tasting things around but they do fill me up so I eat them often. I add Worchestershire sauce or Grillmates seasonings or something along that line. It really helps.

I LOVE the Morningstar Spicy Black Bean burger. It is 2 points but very tasty and smells good. Whenever I microwave it at work everyone wants to know what I am eating. Yummy!

Lisa
    SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

WANNALOOZIT Guest

The Spicy Black Bean burger sounds good. I'll have to check at Wal-Mart or somewhere the next time I am shopping. They don't carry much stuff like this at our local small town stores. Thanks!

Replies

I have found Laura's lean beef burgers are really good & only 4 pts. Kroger's has them in freezer section. For 5 pts I can have a burger & a bun for a yummy quick meal on the grill. (I get the white wheat 1 pt buns) Boca burgers to me are much better with a little FF cheese, tomato & onion.
    Joined WW 6/15/2000 Pat, Proud Mom of a Marine
    Current wt 161 1st Goal wt 150

WANNALOOZIT Guest

If I'm not mistaken, you can also buy the regular diet lean (90% lean) beef at your local grocery store and if you make a 3 oz. patty, it is also 4 points. Might be cheaper that a specialty brand brozen burger?

I shop at Wal-Mart and my store carries some of the Boca, Gardenburger, and the Morningstar Farms products. I like the Chik'n Patties that Boca and Morningstar Farms make. I also like the Gardenburger California Burger. It has tons of veggies in it and is quite different. Morningstar Farm's Black Bean burger is my favorite of the burger-ish variety though. I've also used the Boca crumbles in recipes instead of beef and nobody noticed.
    HW 251.8 SW 237.5 (03/18/13) CW 225.8 (4/15/13) GW 165 (tenative)

WANNALOOZIT Guest

Bianca - These items all sound like they would be yummy. I will have to check them out next time I'm at Wal-Mart. I wonder if I could get my kids to eat the ones with all the veggies in it? Do you think it tastes anything like a real hamburger? Or do you think they would know the difference?
    Christi

wannaloozit - None of them taste like real hamburger to me at all. The one with the veggies in it is particularly different than a real hamburger. My DD is 20 months old and loves the california burgers. I just cut them into pieces for her and she chows down. I think if you don't try to actually pass it off as a burger, but tell them it's something new, they may eat it and like it. It's easier for me to like something if I don't try to use it as a substitution for something else, but rather accept it as a new food in my regular diet. Does that make sense?
    HW 251.8 SW 237.5 (03/18/13) CW 225.8 (4/15/13) GW 165 (tenative)

WANNALOOZIT Guest

That makes perfect sense! My kids are 6 and 8, and both love hamburgers, so I'm not sure if they are going to want to try these, but I may give it a try anyway. My DD is more willing to try new foods than my DS.