Thread: SiFi daily, Friday January 22nd

Replies

Default SiFi daily, Friday January 22nd

I'm up early to finish my MoviPrep before my first-ever colonoscopy this morning. Really, the prep hasnt been that bad after the huge build up I've gotten from others! Someone suggested holding my nose as I drink the stuff, which I had already thought of, and maybe this is helping! (Almost ALL of our sense of taste is really about our sense of SMELL)...Two more cups of the stuff (1 cup every 15 minutes for an hour) and I'm DONE. I hope to head back to bed before going in for the procedure at 9:30....

I got some routine bloodwork back the other day and picked up a copy of it yestereday. I like seeing ALL the numbers. Everything was great (nothing new there, I've been doing SFT/core since 2005) except my thyroid is now seeming to be underactive. This IS new.....and a bummer....hoping to deal with this without drugs, though no one is yet mentioning drugs to me, just a repeat test in 2-3 months. The level was 5.56 for my UTSH II....oops time to go drink MoviPrep again!

2. Default Re: SiFi daily, Friday January 22nd

Good morning Lynn and all who follow. I also look at all of the numbers after my annual physical. The Dr.'s office just faxes to me the report he gets from the lab. As for the colonoscopy, I've had 2 (or is it 3??) already. It is No Big Deal. The worst thing is you can waste a day if you don't plan on doing something you can do while running back and forth to the bathroom (I just read a paperback book or two - easy to carry and also easy to take to the hospital when you go). Otherwise, as far as I'm concerned it is a total non-event. If you ask you can watch on the monitor while they do it. Well, assuming you are not having general anesthesia. I just have a little valium or whatever they put in the IV line, but I'm basically totally awake and they can put me under fast if they need to.

Today I'm working a half day and then we are leaving for NH at around 2. We meet with the minister on Sunday. Tomorrow is my birthday. We are going to go to a downhill ski place that lets you ski free on your birthday. But I want to ski there on the easy slopes on my x-c skis to perfect my stopping techniques and try some telemark. If you practice the stopping on downhills at a x-c place, you end up destroying whatever little hill you are practicing on with all of the walking back up the hill (and there's such a thin coat of snow this year I'd probably wear all of the snow off with just a couple of ascents!!). It is better to go to an alpine place and just take a lift up and get some nice long downhills to practice on. After that I think we are going out to eat. I want a steak, baked potato and salad, so that is easy and SiFi!! There is a new cupcake bakery that ordinarily I would not set foot into, but I'm thinking maybe DF and I can go there for dessert (if they're open after dinner) and split a cupcake!

Have a great day everyone!!
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Replies
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SiFi daily, Friday January 22nd

TGIF Buddies!!! Shaking things up a bit today. Moving my exercise to the evenings after work. I just sit around in the evenings and then I tend to snack, snack, snack. UGH!! I really have to stop that.

You'll do great Lynn.

Have a great day everyone.
    ‎"If you really want something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Unknown

Morning buddies!

Lynn - when I was nursing most people found the prep part of a colonoscopy to be worse than the procedure itself. Hope all goes well with the test.

Sailor - a birthday tomorrow! Sounds like you have a lovely day planned. Enjoy it!

Sheri - good plan to stop the evening munchies! I also find doing something with my hands like x-stitch helps as I don't want to get it dirty!

I might meet a friend for coffee today, and other than that I am cleaning the house. Tomorrow we have 3 families coming for dinner - which means a dinner to cook for 7 adults & 8 kids. We are having pork tenderloin (it was on special this week!) with a salad & some kind of potato. I might do the dijon roasted ones, they sound yummy.

DH should be on his way home from his few days away for work. Tonight I am going out with 3 buddies for dinner. We are going to an Indian restaurant, and I am already telling myself that I do not want naan or poppadums! I love poppadums & at home I cook them in the microwave - but in restaurants they fry them. My aim is that by the time I go to the restaurant I will have convinced myself. I have also decided what I am going to eat, so i can choose a healthier option.

I am also going for a walk this morning with my freind - no doubt we'll walk 30 mins to a cafe for a SF latte & then back again!! Whatever works - it's still exercise!!

Have a good day everyone

Becky

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

5. Default Re: SiFi daily, Friday January 22nd

Quote Originally Posted by SheriK View Post
    TGIF Buddies!!! Shaking things up a bit today. Moving my exercise to the evenings after work. I just sit around in the evenings and then I tend to snack, snack, snack. UGH!! I really have to stop that.
    Sheri, what I did that worked for me is simply to "close the kitchen" after supper. My only exceptions were tea and if I had had a very light supper, maybe a toasted English muffin with butter spray with the tea. Having that rule of only tea after supper forced me to think about whether I truly was still hungry or whether I just wanted something going in my mouth. I mean, really, for me anyway there is absolutely no reason I would still be hungry after supper (but I do go to bed early, around 9:30). So I have tea. Gradually I realized I really was not genuinely hungry and I just wanted "something." The tea is a harmless way to deal with that. Now I have tea once or twice a week. Most of the time I have nothing after supper. Keep working on it and you'll find what works for you. You already know that "snack, snack, snack" is not it!!!!
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Replies

Just a quick to let you know that I'm here and OP...but no time to post...

Hugs to all my Buddies...
    Veronica the Pushy Core Zealot
    SW 196.2 - 7/3/6
    WWGW 146.0 - down 50.2 in 24 weeks!
    CW 131 - 65.2 lbs gone FOREVER!
    Lifetime - 2/12/7
    My Chart Before & After
    Simul justus et peccator

Replies

Hey buds, back from my colonoscopy and FORCED to "do nothing but take it easy" for the rest of the dayThat's kind of nice to hear but I think my taking it easy might involved doing a bit more than what they mean. I really WAS hoping to work out today. We'll see. Everything was PERFECT in terms of the colonoscopy! My maternal GM died from colon cancer so that is good hear! And yes the procedure is NOTHING! And at this place being awake for it isn't even an option. They just put you to sleep, which is NOT general anesthesia, which I have had plenty of times....I love just going to sleep and waking up vs. general...I didn't even mind the prep!!!!! Perhaps the worst part was after the second prep this morning I was SO COLD that I went to bed all bundled up and wouldn't even get out of bed to go to the bathroom!

Anyway, enough about my colon...

Everybuddy's lives sound SO fun!

I am THRILLED to have the rest of the day off!!!! Obviously not much planned. STILL finishing off those "holiday" letters!

I have a little over $1800 raised toward my next ride for LLS...it's going pretty slowly at this point...would welcome any buddy support!!!!! Just click on the webpage link in my signature if interested!!!! Sounds like another fun weekend! Sailing and skiing, you are one active woman!!!! I like the half a cupcake dessert! Great portion control!!!! They say it's the first three bites you really enjoy (of any food) so that should be plenty!

Sheri, exercising at night is a good way to stop the munchies, Sailor's plan is also a good one!!!!

Becky, another fun event at your house! Enjoy your Indian dinner tonight! I'm just happy to be eating FOOD again!

make it great buds, I'll be hanging around all day!

Replies

Lynn - glad your test is over and that your other bloodwork was good. I had my 2nd colonoscopy in August last year. Almost 15 yrs since my first and they said I don't have to go back for 10 years. No colon cancer in my family history and both my tests were good.

I'm really having problems with staying OP. I am eating all SiFi foods but I guess I'm eating too much of everything. It was so good at first eating and not measuring or counting points but I'm not losing like I was. I may do a week of Flex and see if it gets me started again. I'm still going to try to eat SiFi foods but measure and count for a while. If you have any pointers....please....share them with me.!
    Cherry

Remember: The only Jesus some people may see is the Jesus in you and the Jesus in me!

SW 198
    CW 142

GW 150

Replies

Cherry, say more about exactly what you're doing and what's not working. Like, you're staying OP but not losing? You said you're having problems with staying OP...not sure what you mean...maybe posting a menu would help. And also explaining more about what you see as the problem. What's the indicator that there is a problem...otherwise I have no idea what to say!