Default SF Daily,Saturday,December 26

Wow-I'm back !!!!
    Bridget
    SW 230
    CW 151.8
    GW 130

Default Re: SF Daily,Saturday,December 26

Hey Buddies
    I hope everyone had a great day yesterday w/ family & friends-or however you celebrated it !
    We had a great family day- even got to chat for a few hours with DS in Spain !
    True to life, we had a slight episode late in the day that resulted with DH sitting up all night w/ 12 y/o DD. We were eating our dinner around 2:30 yesterday afternoon, and she suddenly began to itch all over her torso-small hives from I don't know what. I gave her Benadryl immediately. By 10 last night, she had huge itchy welts all over her tummy & back, and smaller ones on her arms and legs. She was breathing fine and felt ok-just itchy,but was nervous, so DH sat up w/ her to keep an eye that she was breathing ok during the night. Other DD was really scared for her sister, so she slept with me. DH came upstairs at 6 this morning, as I was getting ready to work out. He said he didn't sleep all night. Should make for a fun day... We are going to my mom's for a bit today-no big plans-if he wants to stay home & sleep-she's very cool about stuff like that. Anyway, it was interesting, and I am trying to figure out what caused the reaction. We had Italian sausage (fennel seed, perhaps) and the kids had a berry flavored sparkling wine type thing. Other than those two things, nothing was different for her. Something to watch for in the future, I guess..

Today was the first day I have been able to get up & work out at a decent time, enjoy my workout, and know I can do it again tomorrow !!! I am really looking forward to kicking things up a notch- and knowing I will have the time & energy to do so. I ran a 5K on the treadmill, so I am feeling pretty energetic right now. I spent the time going thru SiFi menus in my head, foods to prepare for the next few days.
    I worked with lots of foods I have never used before while at Whole Foods, and am looking forward to incorporating them into meals at home- celery root, fennel, kale, and many others.
    I'd better shower and get moving-although with all the excitement yesterday and the drama last night-I may be alone for quite a while...

Have a great one, Buddies
    Bridget
    SW 230
    CW 151.8
    GW 130

3. Default Re: SF Daily,Saturday,December 26

Hi Bridget and all who follow!

Bridget, I have a lot of allergies, and they started for me at age 12. If I may make a suggestion, I would write down EVERYTHING DD ate yesterday. Then if it happens again, you'll have a full list of what she ate the last time it happened to check against. It may not be something sort of unusual like fennel seed; it could be that it is a more ordinary food that she is now becoming allergic to. That is what happened to me. I had no food allergies as a child. Fortunately my allergies are pretty easy to avoid, shellfish, tree nuts, and melon but it could be something like eggs, or tomato, or avocado, or some variety of cheese. Plus, you had the added stress (even good stress like excitement) to increase the likelihood of a flare. I hope it was a one-time thing for her!!!

DF has a private x-c ski lesson this afternoon at 2. I need to wax my skis, and decide what I'm going to do. My hip has been sore, but I think I'll try a little skiing anyway.

Enjoy your day, everyone!!
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Replies

Hi buds!

SOOOO nice to have you back Bridget!!!!!! Scary night though! That would be so scary for her and as a parent!!! (and sibling)

Sailor, no xc skiing here it's been RAINING and you can actually see the ground! That's after over a foot of snow last Saturday!!!

We're headed to DILs today. Not a particularly fun thing to do but the four of us will be together at least!!! Dreary day but relatively warm, 40s...

Replies

I am so glad to be back on SF today! I did SF the first week back and lost 3#s. Then...I decided with Christmas week I would count points so I could get a little of everything in...well, I gained 4#s this week! I know better and I know what works for me now but I guess I'm just stubborn.

On top of all that I also had a weird breakout last night. About 8:30 I was sitting watching TV with DH and suddenly began to itch like crazy. I went to the bedroom and stripped down and was covered with small hives, even my head was itching. I took 2 benadryl and tried to calm down. It took several hours for all the spots to go away but they finally did and I slept good last night. Have no idea what caused it...didn't eat anything different unless my body doesn't like sugar anymore Anyway I feel much better today and I am 100% SF! You would think that after I figured it out that I would have sense enough to stay with it!

I'm going to make some baked oatmeal later with fresh cranberries in it. Haven't tried the oatmeal creme brulee yet so may make some of it too!

I have stopped by the grocery on my way from WI and have everything I need for a great SF week!
    Cherry

Remember: The only Jesus some people may see is the Jesus in you and the Jesus in me!

SW 198
    CW 142

GW 150