Thread: SF Daily~Tuesday~Dec. 22

Replies

Default SF Daily~Tuesday~Dec. 22

Good Morning Buddies!

Yikes!!! It's almost Christmas!! I think I'm ready , now I just have to get the house in order so I can relax (?) and enjoy my family and friends for the rest of the week . I had planned a pork roast for Christmas dinner ( we are having ham and turkey when my sisters come for "family Christmas"), but they had some HUGE pork tenderloins at the store on sale. They were $1.29/lbs, so that's what's for dinner. 12 lbs of good, lean, meat, a much better SF choice anyway!! I may run out this morning and pick up 1 or 2 more to cut up and freeze. What a bargain!! I'm also making mashed potatoes (SF), baked pineapple casserole (SF+1), salad, and Sailor's green bean recipe (SF+1). I made those green beans for Thanksgiving and there wasn't a single bean left!! Everyone loved them!

I better get moving. I'll be back later buddies!
    *Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Replies

Lightbulb Re: SF Daily~Tuesday~Dec. 22

Merry Christmas, Linda!

I just had to share: my mom (90) fell down a few days ago at the end of her bed...also she went through hand surgery several weeks ago...so I have been with her almost every day. The people who assist her from morning, through night have been so amazing. I can tell they are her Best Friends.

They lift her spirits, and share parts of their lives with her, too.

I've thought of you often, as I meet them and see them doing their tasks. To me, it's on a par with being a teacher: one of the most valuable jobs (you're taking care of our parents) and, because of that, definitely underpaid.

I feel so good just knowing that there are caring people out there choosing to connect, enrich, and stay by our family...unto the end.

So, in case you don't hear it often enough...thank you.

Last edited by WWCarol; 12-22-2009 at 01:35 PM. Reason: last thought
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Replies

Default Re: SF Daily~Tuesday~Dec. 22

Carol, that is so sweet! It is a hard job and the pay stinks, but the non-money rewards make it the best job I could ever have! I really do love all these people and something as simple as a smile can make my whole day. I only wish there were more family members like you that are there for them. There are actually people (and more than one) that have come out and said they wish they would just go to sleep and die as they are using up too much money . Some even get angry when we call 911 for an accident and refuse to let them go to the hospital. I just don't get it! Anyway, thank you again for the kind words and I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas and fabulous New Year! Give Mom a hug for me! She sure did raise a wonderful daughter!
    *Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Replies

Smile Re: SF Daily~Tuesday~Dec. 22

Thanks, Linda...I will.

Sadly, she started to falling of bed this morning...first one side, then the other!

So if we can get her through Christmas (and all the fun/commotion) hopefully she'll start to feel better again.

Replies

Carol, nice to see you over here on the daily buddy! Sorry to hear your mom has been having so much trouble. It is wonderful that you are taking such good care of her despite the fact that she isn't always nice to you!

Linda, I, too, think it's wonderful that you are doing what you do! You are such a blessing to the people you take care of!!!!

Busy day here. Both boys are home (well, next to Linda that's nuthin')...We had our school psych lunch out and gift exchange today. LOTS of fun and LOTS of laughing! We really enjoy each other! Trying to finish stuff up at work before vacation AND we lost ALL our power this afternoon. I was typing an evaluation report for a meeting later this afternoon and POOF the screen goes BLACK. There was some sort of underground problem that cut off power to a chunk of the city of Lancaster!!!! Made for an interesting afternoon. We are SO dependent on electricity!!!!!

I am EXHAUSTED. I don't even have a good excuse. DSs and DH were up REALLY late last night but not me!

Take care buddies during this hectic time full of temptations!!!

Are doting aunts allowed to put up links to You Tube? Alice looks so much better today that she had been looking. I can tell that she is starting to gain that much needed weight. She and her father are totally in love with each other. They aren't allowed to hold her, yet, but when he reaches in to touch her (stroking is a "no, no" because of her raw nervous system), she grabs hold of him and hangs on for dear life--won't let go of him. But, isn't that the way it is supposed to be? If I were able to, I'd grab hold of my own daddy's hand and hang on for dear life, too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s7L4tJfba8
    Note: I follow the Winning Points program

Replies

Thumbs up Re: SF Daily~Tuesday~Dec. 22

Awwww...that's so neat, Julie...

There's a certain point where you get to do "kangaroo" (skin-on-skin, baby against chest) holding. I've seen a picture of a Dad doing it...

Keep the youtubes coming, Julie! How exciting for you all ~

Replies

Congratulations Aunt Julie. What a truly blessed Christmas miracle Alice is. I have dear friends who have adopted and to finally get your baby is so wonderful. It is such a heartwrenching process. Keep the YouTubes coming!

Quick hi everyone Like evreyone else busy busy! I have been trying to read but not able to post much.
    Sue
    163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Replies

Julie, she is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Thanks for the video and you are not only allowed, you will be required to post them!

Julie,

She's beautiful! I got all teary-eyed reading the story and watching the video. She's absolutely a Christmas angel, and I hope you'll keep us updated.

Thanks for sharing,

Amy
    SiFi - 114 lbs gone, 80ish lbs left to lose
    DS: 1 year
    DD: 2 years

Thank you all for your kind words. I keep watching the video over and over again--thankful for the blessing given to my sister and her husband and thankful for you tube that allows me to see her in action.

I've had to up my intake of liquids---I must cry about a gallon or so of tears a day!
    Note: I follow the Winning Points program

Julie - thank you for sharing the story of miracle baby Alice. She is so precious & will be a blessing to you all.

Keep the you tube links coming.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]