Thread: Friday 27th November - Black Friday!

Default Friday 27th November - Black Friday!

Morning buddies!

So, who is hitting the US stores today for bargains? Some Canadian stores / malls here are trying to recreate Black Friday this weekend - I guess they see how many folks cross the broder to shop. We can drive 1.5 hrs to a town with good US shopping, and many folks do!

My plan for today is to 'deep clean' the family room & living room so we can put the xmas trees up this weekend. I have my colour coordinated tree in the living room, an dthen the family room has the kids tree with all their homemade decorations & the special ones I buy for them. I love xmas - and I'm worse than the kids for getting excited early!!

I had my H1N1 shot yesterday so have a stiff arm. I'll take that over a bad 'flu though!

Anyway, time for my morning oatmeal! I find oatmeal really fills me up well in the mornings & lasts till lunch.

BTW - can I put a frozen whole chicken in the crockpot? Anyone done this? TIA!

have a great day buddies - make it count!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

Replies

Default Re: Friday 27th November - Black Friday!

Good morning Becky and all to follow!

Becky, good for you for getting a flu vaccine! The vaccine is obviously WAY more available in Canada than here!!!

We had a nice day yesterday and today my house is relatively CLEAN and I have a fridge STOCKED with delectable SiFi foods!!! I am particularly LOVING my cranberry jell-o salad! I just had some for breakfast! I will have to make this more often throughout the year. Like Linda, I buy cranberries when they are on special and throw them in the freezer. I need to stock up. I think I cooked at least 4 bags just for yesterday.

Black Friday is my idea of HELL so I will NOT be going out there today! I hate the mall on a normal day!!!! I can't even think of ONE THING I'd want to purchase....

I am going to either ride outdoors today or ride my old bike on the trainer. I'm 40 miles from hitting 6,000 miles on my odometer (just my outdoor biking counts). It is cold and windy out so I'd have to break out some warmer cycling clothes than what I've been wearing...

Later buds! Hope to see more buddies here today!!! I miss everyone when it's slow here!

Make it great!

Replies

Hi Buddies!

Quick one for me, as we are doing Thanksgiving Dinner today! I was up at 5:30 to make the stuffing and get that big, fat bird in the oven. It has to cook for 7 hours and we want to eat around 2:00 so we can have "family game night" tonight . We always have so much fun playing games and usually end up with so many "players" we have to do it in teams, what fun!! I hope everyone had a great holiday and stayed as OP as possible and still had a memorable day! I don't do the "black Friday" shopping, maybe a little online, but you can keep the crowds! I wouldn't mind the crowds or the waiting in line, but so many people are rude and obnoxious!! I've had things grabbed from my cart and even my hands! Not the "Christmas spirit" I want at this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by becky1973 View Post

I love xmas - and I'm worse than the kids for getting excited early!!

Funny story, when I was in first grade CCD the nun told us that we should never write or say "Xmas". She said if you take the Christ out of Christmas there is no Christmas. I am 52 years old and I have never, ever used the term Xmas!! That was a lesson that sure stuck in my head, I just can't do it!!!

Hope everyone has a good day. Be back later!
    *Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by Lfia525 View Post

Funny story, when I was in first grade CCD the nun told us that we should never write or say "Xmas". She said if you take the Christ out of Christmas there is no Christmas. I am 52 years old and I have never, ever used the term Xmas!! That was a lesson that sure stuck in my head, I just can't do it!!!
    Linda, I'm the same way!!! I was raised Catholic too and I guess I heard the same sort of thing early on in my life and I just can't do it either!!!

I DO really enjoy CHRISTMAS, just not the shopping and commercial aspect of it!

Enjoy your day with your family!!!

5. Default Re: Friday 27th November - Black Friday!

Hi everyone!!

Golly, what a wonderful day we had yesterday. DF (okay, I helped a little!!) finished putting in the sliders by 1 PM, we had some relaxing time and then ate at 5 PM. I'd invited 3 couples and one adult daughter over for pie at 6:30. So I was just in my glory - I LOVE to make pies, but don't get to do it as much as I like because, really, what else am I going to do with a pie after I make it but EAT IT!!! So this way, I made 3 favorite pies, and most of them got eaten yesterday. We had a really fun visit and one couple didn't know the others at all but really hit it off and it was a nice mix of people.

Food menu is turkey salad for lunch; for dinner we'll have a reprise of yesterday with turkey and veggies. Tomorrow I'll go into true turkey leftover mode with turkey enchiladas and white turkey chili. Later, maybe Sunday, I'll make turkey soup. Yum, yum, yum!! And all so good for you!! (Well, not the pies, but that's why we have WPAs!!!!)

I have an old set of skis that I removed the bindings from, and spray painted red, that I'm going to put down at the street end of the driveway as a decoration. I wanted to do it today, but it is pouring out at the moment, so I'm staying put in the toasty warm indoors!! (I also want to make a kissing ball, but don't dare go near Wal-Mart to get a styrofoam ball today!!)

Have a great day, everyone!!
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)