Thread: SiFi Sunday Nov 22nd

Replies

Default SiFi Sunday Nov 22nd

Good morning buddies!

Replies

Default Re: SiFi Sunday Nov 22nd

Went to bed WAY too late and got up reasonably early...NOT the way the weekend is supposed to be! I got a lot done yesterday. Made lima bean soup, brown rice, chocolate baked oatmeal and granola...in addition to spending about 2 1/2 hours on my bike and about 5 hours at WW (between my meeting and a staff meeting)! Got some laundry done and a little cleaning too. Hmmm....that seems like too many hours!

I got 4 pairs of cycling tights I ordered online in the mail yesterday. I now have TEN pairs of tights, but I intend to return quite a few of them.

I need to do some reading for Bible study tonight and plan to ride this afternoon. I'd rather ride in the morning but there's no reason to go out when it is THIS cold if you have the option of warmer weather.

I have some shopping I also need to do but I don't think I'll get to that today...maybe do a bit more cooking though...

There seem to be quite a few missing buddies lately, I hope they pop in!!!

Make it great buds!!!

Morning buddies....

Lynn great job on the exercise yesterday. What are you studing for your Bible study? I am doing a Joy of Living study on Judges and Ruth. I love the Joy studies because they really keep you in the scriptures.

I did quite a bit of cooking yesterday getting my lunches ready for the week.

Today I am going to give my kitchen a good scrubbing, take my kids outside for some activity, and work on my grocery list. Oh and get 10,000 steps in too.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Replies

Hey Guys!

I'm still figuring out what I'll do today, cleaning seems pointless with the crew that flows through on the weekends, but I will vacuum, I HATE dog hair!!! I have a few errands I could do today or tomorrow.

DD's move went well. We had enough people that it was done in no time. I am much better at unpacking than I am the actual moving, so once at the new place, I asked were she wanted things and got it going. I also put the bathroom together (hanging the shower curtain, curtains, etc.) and hung curtains in other rooms. They went out to get pizza for lunch, but I just ordered a salad with plain balsamic vinegar. It was good but I should have had some protein as I got a bit "shaky" as the day went on. Live and learn.

Lynn~ That's quite a day! Actually, I love those kind of days, I feel soooo productive !

ppmom~ Welcome to the group! I love these guys and I'm sure you will too!

To my other buddies~ I hope you have a great Sunday, full of family, friends, and whatever else makes you happy!
    *Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by wwlynn View Post
    ....that seems like too many hours!
    Lynn, I was thinking that when reading your post.

My SAD has been acting up as now through Jan. is my more difficult time of year. I am trying to keep busy and have continued working on cleaning our 4th bedroom that in the past has served as a combination office and guest bedroom. We have a sofa bed, files, desk etc. in that room. Now that we are empty nesters we have 2 empty bedrooms upstairs and have not needed to use the sofa bed. I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel as far as completing the cleaning and organizing. I have stored my family history in that room. I have been trying to get rid of stuff in the house for the past 4 years but I am frustrated because DH wants to save everything as he always says we might need it but it just sits on the shelf or in the file and never gets used.

I need to go get ready for church. Have a good day.
    Judy S.
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009
    20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

6. Default Re: SiFi Sunday Nov 22nd

Hi all,

Judy, sorry to hear your SAD is acting up. As for the cleaning out, all I can say is it is good that one of you does that stuff. DF and I are both packrats!! Sometimes it can get a little scary. Yesterday, for example, DF needed headphones. Here is the exact quote of where I told him he would find them: "They are in the grill pan on the top shelf of the bookcase in the family room, next to my safety glasses." So, you can imagine how "organized" we are !! The grill pan is on the bookcase because it is next to the door, and the grill pan has never, ever been used (we have a larger one that we do use) and so is going to the recycling at the dump. But so far, it has only gotten as far as the bookcase by the door!!! The safety glasses are by the door because they need to go out by the weed whacker. Can't really say how the headphones ended up there!!

Today we are up in NH. We have a little ski chalet up here, and DF has announced that this is the weekend (today and tomorrow) that we are putting in new sliders. There are two, and they basically take up most of one end of the house. So he wants to do it before it gets too cold. Egads!! I love his enthusiasm, but I was ready to bag that project until the spring!! He has all of the trim off one already and I'm sure we'll be off to Home Despot soon to buy the sliders. I'll keep you posted on the progress!!

Oh, for the party last night I FORGOT MY POPCORN!! I was starving, so had some plain crackers and cheese (the other appetizer stuff was really bad point-wise) so I knew how many points to count. The dinner itself was fine, beef tenderloin, roasted red potatoes (I counted a point for some butter/margarine), steamed green beans and tossed salad (I had oil & vinegar). I passed on the pasta and we left before they served the cake. So, it worked out all right. Then we hit the road to come north and didn't arrive here until 12:30 AM - that is WAY, WAY TOO LATE FOR ME!!! I am such a wuss!! Fortunately, church was not until 10:30, so except for getting up with the dogs around 6 I slept in until 8:30.

Have a great day, everyone!!
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by Sailorwoman View Post
    Hi all,

Judy, sorry to hear your SAD is acting up. As for the cleaning out, all I can say is it is good that one of you does that stuff. DF and I are both packrats!! Sometimes it can get a little scary. Yesterday, for example, DF needed headphones. Here is the exact quote of where I told him he would find them: "They are in the grill pan on the top shelf of the bookcase in the family room, next to my safety glasses." So, you can imagine how "organized" we are !! The grill pan is on the bookcase because it is next to the door, and the grill pan has never, ever been used (we have a larger one that we do use) and so is going to the recycling at the dump. But so far, it has only gotten as far as the bookcase by the door!!! The safety glasses are by the door because they need to go out by the weed whacker. Can't really say how the headphones ended up there!!
    Way in the past I was a pack rack. However, I found it hard to keep the house clean so got rid of things. Then after our parents died who were pack racks and we had to go through all their stuff I decided I did not want our kids having to go through that with us. I also feel I am drowning in stuff and I would like to simplify things so I did not have to spend so much time with housework and spend more time with the things I really enjoy so my project off and on the past few years has been to get rid of things. It is just that DH is not cooperating. We have a lot space under the house so I have put things there with dates on them and I am hoping that in a few years DH will see that he has not used it in that time and will get rid of whatever.
    Judy S.
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009
    20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Replies

Hey buds, pressed for time, but...

Sailor, you forgot the POPCORN???!!! Oh no! Sounds like you did well anyway!

Judy, decluttering is a goal I have too! I think I do pretty well with MY stuff, but DH is another matter. It's more that he's disorganized and has stuff everywhere!

Linda, I'm sure DD appreciates all that help!!! How nice to get her set up!

Rebecca, it's Disciple Bible Study. I think it's a United Methodist thing (there are a series of them). My DH is a UM pastor. I need to finish up my preparation for that and get going!

Ooh buddies, almost forgot, I am SO excited! I went shopping after church and picked up a variety of CLEANING THINGS...including a mop with a really stiff, big brush on it that I THINK will enable me to scrub GROUT without getting down on the floor!

Later buds!

9. Default Re: SiFi Sunday Nov 22nd

Progress Update on the Sliders: Well, we've bought the sliders and brought them home. We got the unassembled ones, because they are much easier to lift in parts than as one assembled unit. They are going on the second floor, so being able to lift separate parts instead of the whole assembled unit up onto the deck is very helpful. So, the frame of one unit is in a box on the floor. It looks like a slider frame!! We have to do prep work on the opening tonight and then install tomorrow.

But we're not starting work tomorrow until after the wedding-cake-sampling at the baker!! (DF knows there's no way we're changing the date on that!!!)
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Hey buddies!

I had a great weekend away with our friends. Friday was my birthday, and DH 'bought' me several things i really wanted, much to the surprise of the kids. He did such a good job because I bought them myself & gave them to him to wrap!!!

We had a good journey down to Lake George in NY, and arrived at the same time as one of the other families. The boys were so surprised - we told them we were going to stay in a very basic hotel so I could go outlet shopping. They got a double surprise - a fab hotel with a waterpark AND their friends to play with! Two of us had adjoining rooms - the kids thought that was amazing.

On Saturday the 2 hubbies let us 'escape' the Great Escape Lodge for 3 hours & hit the stores. It was like a military operation getting as much packed in as we could!! One friend wanted to stop for lunch - we bought her a bottle of water & told her to keep moving!! No time to waste!!

The waterpark was great, I climbed lots of stairs so I could whizz down the slides. I love that the boys are big enough to do these fun things with, rather than us watching them in the baby/toddler areas.

We had a good drive home today, and I managed to get into another Super WalMart on the way home & pick up a few more gifts for xmas. Also found $5 cushions for the living room.

When we got home it was proven yet again that we have the best neighbours. Not only was the lady of the house here feeding my cats (she saw we weren't home by 6pm so thought she should come & check on them) she had also baked me a birthday cake AND they had picked up my car from the bodyshop. It went to get the bumper fixed to their friends garage about 30 mins away, and it wasn't ready for our trip so we had to take DH's car (& I have the 'good' car) & they were so kind & brought it back yesterday so we wouldn't have to go tonight & get it back. We are so very lucky to have this family in our lives.

It has been an action packed weekend, but so much fun. It's so great to spend time with friends away from everyday life.

So, good night buddies!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

Replies

Becky sounds like a FANTASTIC weekend!! AND what NICE neighbors!!!!

Sailor, thanks for the slider update, I had to go reread your earlier post because I wasn't sure what you were talking about!!