Thread: SiFi Daily - Saturday - November 21st

1. Default SiFi Daily - Saturday - November 21st

Happy Weekend-Before-Thanksgiving Everyone!!
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

2. Default Re: SiFi Daily - Saturday - November 21st

Hi everyone,

We have a busy day, closing down the rest of the way summer and sailing stuff (finally), then I'm meeting my girlfriend (we go all the way back to second grade!!) with my wedding gown and some fabric I bought to make a wrap. February in NH is cold! I will need a wrap of some sort, and there are two possibilities, so I want to see which one she thinks will be best. I want something that is going to stay on. The last thing I need is to be fiddling/fighting with some several yards of fabric!!! Then tonight we have a 60th birthday party to attend. I think it will not be SiFi friendly, so I'm going to have Lima Bean Soup before we go and take a bag of popcorn in my purse.

Have a great day everybody!!
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Replies

Default Re: SiFi Daily - Saturday - November 21st

Good Mornin' Sailor and all my buddies!

We have to help move my daughter to a new place today. She lives on the third floor right now so I should get some APs carrying boxes and the like down all those stairs! We have a bit of help from some of her friends thankfully, we're getting too old to do this and with 6 kids, it seems someone is always moving! ( and that's with only 3 "on their own" so far! ).

I went to the store yesterday to get what I could for Thanksgiving. I work Tuesday and Wednesday, so I'll send DH out for the produce and other stuff I want fresh. Sailor, I think I'm going to make the green bean recipe you posted, with the mushrooms, shallots and bacon. I never liked the "green bean casserole" and this seems more festive than plain old green beans. Hope your winter clean up goes well and you have a good time with your friend.

Better get moving, literally!!! Hope you all have a great day!!
    *Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Hi buddies. I'm back. Been gone too long.
    My weightloss has been at a standstill for months. I have not been doing core but a succession of different plans that I just could not stick to, or would not is more correct.
    So, I am coming back to what I know works for me and I'm starting today. Updated my signature and I am ready to go. I have some goals to motivate me to get going.
    #1..I want to feel like I did when I got so close to goal. I just felt physically and emotionally so much more in control.
    #2..I have a disney trip with my family the end of may 2010 and I want to be back in my size 6 capris. I have a full wardrobe of clothes that I can't wear right now, it's very depressing. Anytime I have to go somewhere besides work(where I wear scrubs) I get upset because I have nothing nice to put on that fits. My fault I know, because I refuse to buy yet another wardrobe.
    #3..I have a trip with my family to the beach. My last trip to the beach I weighed 145 and I had a great time, walking the beach with my mom and not feeling self concious about how I looked or who was looking at me.
    So, give me kicks for being gone, I know I deserve them. I will be checking in. I have been lurking, just not posting.
    I have my menu for the week planned and I am off to the grocery store to stock up.
    Make it a great day buddies.
    kim....HW 189.0..SW 10/17/14 187.0 CW 185.0~GW 150

Replies

Hi buds! I've been reading the daily but not posting lately. A little too busy!

Kim, it's nice to see you back buddy!!!!

Linda, hope the move goes well! Lots of APs!

Sailor...ah, popcorn in your purse...always ready!

Busy day so far. Led my WW meeting then we had a ww staff meeting. Stopped at the country store and just got home....I already rode my bike on my trainer this morning for an hour, but I'd like to get OUT for a ride while I can. It is beautiful here. DH is working on our bathroom (there is a bathtub in my LR right now), and also putting in some new windows! Should be plenty of cleaning up for me to do later!

Make it great buds!

Replies

Kim

Welcome back. I too have gained a lot of weight back and alot of things don't fit. Makes you mad at yourself doesn't it. But Sifi is the way to go and this board couldn't be more helpful!

HI Linda and Sailor. Happy moving Linda and more fun wedding stuff Sailor! A wrap is a great idea.

I got up to make sure DS got up for work at 7:30 and DH had already left for work and decided to lay back down and surprise I went back to sleep till 8:40! I never do that. Guess I needed it. And I took an exercise day off. Thurs I was running some intervals on treadmill and my ankles has been bothering me since so took a break. I have never been a runner and i guess I can count it out at this time in my life! I'll stick to spinning and elliptical

DD is home till next Sunday! i am excited to have another female in house. Too much testosterone here usually with DS and DH picking on me all the time. Of course she slept till 11:15. Maybe some shopping tomorrow. Today is DH's father's birthday so taking him out to dinner tonight. Plan is to order fish, salmon most likely unless special is something good.

Lynn you snuck in on me! Hi! You are always so busy!
    Sue
    163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Replies

Hello, everyone. I've been OP today...so far! DH wanted to go get a burger and shake at Sonic and we talked each other out of it on the way home from DS house where we watched Alabama ball game. Came home and ate FF cheese and SF FF pudding. Quite a difference from what he wanted to do

Sailor sounds like you are enjoying the prep for your upcoming wedding. NH is cold...a wrap sounds like just the thing you need.

Kim, we all fall off the wagon sometimes (some more than others myself included) but we just get back on it and go forward!

Sue, I know what you mean about all the testosterone! One DH and 2 boys and now a DGS! I never get a break!!!
    Cherry

Remember: The only Jesus some people may see is the Jesus in you and the Jesus in me!

SW 198
    CW 142

GW 150

Thanks for all the welcome backs.
    I know what ya'll mean about all the testosterone. It's me, DH and 3 boys...16,9, and 5....
    My sis just had a baby girl so I am enjoying her.
    kim....HW 189.0..SW 10/17/14 187.0 CW 185.0~GW 150