Thread: SiFi Daily - Friday - November 20th

1. Default SiFi Daily - Friday - November 20th

Hi Everyone!!
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

2. Default Re: SiFi Daily - Friday - November 20th

It is rainy and dreary here today. At least it is warm, though, about 55 degrees.

The last thing I did before I went to bed last night was finish emailing with the baker whom we will meet on Monday to decide on wedding cakes. Just before I closed my computer, I checked out her facebook page of cake photographs. They have beautiful designs!! Guess what I dreamed about last night??!! The wedding colors are winter white, deep red (like in black roses) and silver for a little bling. So there was one that had chocolate covered strawberries on it that looked pretty. Another one was all white with fresh roses. That would work! She also had one that was all white with really nice snowflakes piped on it. We'll see. I have to allow points for sampling on Monday!!

Monday night we'll be meeting with the DJ. I want to make sure he has plenty of swing, big band, and what I would call oldies (which I know is all relative) like Beach Boys and Beatles and stuff from the 60s. We want everybody up and dancing!!

We have to go to a 60th birthday party on Saturday night, so we won't get up to NH until late. But I'm taking Monday off so we still have our weekend in paradise. I just LOVE it up there - can't you tell??!! There are some post-heart attack people at the party, so I'm hoping there will be healthy food there, but I don't really know. We'll see. I'm going to eat something light before we go, and have popcorn in my purse, just in case. If we don't eat there, we'll grab something when we get back home before we hit the road.

Off to work with me! Have a great day, everyone!!
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Default Re: SiFi Daily - Friday - November 20th

Morning all!

I am so excited! We are finally going on the weekend away that I booked with my 2 business partners on the day we sold our business (our little treat). We are taking our husbands & kids to the Great Escape Lodge in Lake George - it's a fab hotel with an indoor waterpark. None of the kids know where they're going. I have told my two (it's a PED day so no school) that we are going shopping in the States & we may stay overnight so we don't have to pay tax on the things we buy. They are going to get 2 surprises - one when they see where we are staying, and another when they see their buddies! Our 6 kids get on really well together, they are like cousins so it will be a fun weekend. We were friends before we opened the business - and we have proven that going into business with friends can work. The 2 hubbys (1 partner is getting divorced) have known each other for 12 yrs & get on really well, so an easy weekend for all. We 3 girls are planning to leave the kids & guys for a couple of hours & get some shopping done - we canadians get very excited by US stores!!

It's going to be a challenge food wise, but I will take some snacks & buy lots of fruit when we get to the US. We will be eating all our meals out so I will have to order with care. I have saved all my WPA's (they 'reset' on Mondays) knowing this weekend was coming.

Have fun buddies!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

Replies

OK, I am very envious of both of you ladies! Sounds like great trips both ways! I'm staying here with DH and our kids (2 dogs and 2 kitties)! Relaxing weekend though so I'm good

I've visited Canada quite a bit when I was a child as we lived in NY State and seemed to go there on vacation a good bit. It was beautiful and so clean! Is it still that way? I'm in Mississippi now and Canada seems sooooo far away!

Hope everyone has a great day today!
    I wouldn't want my DH to know it but...sometimes I miss the NY winters! I can remember my Dad shoveling a path for us to school. Each dad would get out in the morning and shovel their sidewalk so that by the time we left for school there was a tunnel for us to walk in. Down here we get maybe one day of snow or ice and then just messy rainy weather.
    Cherry

Remember: The only Jesus some people may see is the Jesus in you and the Jesus in me!

SW 198
    CW 142

GW 150

Tried a new veggie for lunch - spagetti squash. I was quite suprised that I liked the taste so well. I had 1/2 and I didn't put anything on it.

Canada is still nice and clean. At night it's almost 0 degrees, so I'm sure we will be suprised with snow/ice soon. I'm the one who shovels the laneway for all my daycare children. Good exercise.
    SW: 190 (Nov 4/09)
    CW: 180.9
    TL: 9.1
    GL: 140 by April 21, 2010

6. Default Re: SiFi Daily - Friday - November 20th

Jen, glad you liked spaghetti squash so much!! I bumped up my favorite recipe for it on the recipe board. It is here: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...d.php?t=177371

Hope you like it!!
    Sailorwoman