Thread: Daily Sifi Wed Nov 18th

Replies

Default Daily Sifi Wed Nov 18th

I can't be first! Wow Busy people

I was on TV yesterday about 4-5 times during the Dr. Oz episode. The funniest one is when I am massaging my jaw, he was discussing teeth grinding. DH didn't do the massage and they cut him out and filmed me!

Errands and housecleaning today! Getting ready for holidays.

Roast chicken for dinner. Last night we had sea bass DH had caught and it was yummy. Did it on my George Forman and just used a little rub. Simple but good.
    Sue
    163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

2. Default Re: Daily Sifi Wed Nov 18th

Hi Sue and all who follow!

Sorry I missed the Dr. Oz show. Sounds like you had fun!!

I am almost done making a batch of turkey meatballs. It was a little scary, the BRAND NEW Vita-Mix smelled of plastic for a moment then simply stopped. It works now, but I don't know what happened. I checked the circuit breaker and there was no interruption in power. I think it just overheated. Maybe you can't do a pound of ground turkey in it? It didn't seem like too much for it. Oh well, it seems to be fine now; DF has examined it thoroughly. And the meatballs got mixed. I don't have a food processor, and we like the meatballs when all the ingredients are mixed in very fine (I made a batch in the Vita-Mix in NH this past weekend - but left them in the freezer up there!!!)

So, it is ww spaghetti and meatballs for supper tonight. When I was just starting out in what was then called the Core program - within the first week sometime - I knew this was a plan I could do for life when I discovered you could make spaghetti and meatballs Core and not count any points!!!! Ain't life grand!!! (It was also when I got my first real lessons in portion control and stopping when satisfied!!! LOL!!! You can only imagine the size of the plates of spaghetti and meatballs I used to eat in the old days!!!!)

As most of you know, Wednesday is the day many newspapers across the country have a food and recipes section. This being the week before Thanksgiving, I always browse the web looking for new things. Try it!! Pick any city you like and google it along with the words daily news. Then see if a newspaper pops up and you can find the food section and see what they've got. I found the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that way and have enjoyed lots of recipes from there. Of course, you have to tweak them a bit to make them SiFi! Also, the Culinary Institute of America is a good source for recipes if you're looking to be creative. Try www.ciaculinaryintelligence.com for their food enthusiast recipe section. They have a green bean with bacon recipe that sounds grand - omitting the bacon it will still be green beans, shallots and mushrooms. I still don't know what I'm going to be asked to bring on Thanksgiving, but if it is a vegetable, I'll try that one for a change!

EDITED TO ADD: I just found one from New Orleans that has a bunch of recipes, and has a healthy options section of recipes. Also has vegetarian/vegan recipes. Check it out!! www.nola.com/food

Tomorrow is running night at the gym with DF, we are doing a 13-week program together. Tonight he has his woodworking class, so I may just go over to the gym and do some weight machines and a few laps in the pool. Then a few minutes in the whirlpool, 3 minutes in the sauna, a shower and I'm ready for bed!! (Too bad I have to drive home!!!)

I'm off to swirl the new meatballs in the marinara that I've just thawed while I've been droning on and on.............

Have a great day, everyone!!
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Replies

Default Re: Daily Sifi Wed Nov 18th

Good Morning!

Just a regular, housework day for me . I'm trying to NOT go out as I always find something to buy!! Still pretty safe at the farm market and grocery store, although I do find things there I don't really NEED . Next week I'll finish up my Christmas shopping, so I'll spend plenty then.

Sue~ I'm sorry I missed you on TV. It must have been fun!

Sailor~
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailorwoman View Post
    Also, the Culinary Institute of America is a good source for recipes if you're looking to be creative. Try www.ciaculinaryintelligence.com for their food enthusiast recipe section. They have a green bean with bacon recipe that sounds grand - omitting the bacon it will still be green beans, shallots and mushrooms. I still don't know what I'm going to be asked to bring on Thanksgiving, but if it is a vegetable, I'll try that one for a change!
    My Grandma was a southern lady and boy, could she cook!! They put bacon ( or bacon fat ) in almost everything!! I still make some of her recipes with bacon, I just use 3 slices, cooked (3 pts) and when you spread the points out, you end up with less than 1 point and lots of flavor! It's worth it to me, she always made cabbage, green beans, and potatoes with bacon. I don't put it in potatoes ( unless I'm making my other grandma's german potatoes) but I always put it in the cabbage! Sometimes I use the "real" bacon bits, it really adds so much to the dish. Just a thought .

To all my other buddies~ Hope your day is great!!
    *Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Replies

Sue, I DVR'd it. It was the one about cell phones right? BUT I FORGOT what you were WEARING! So I started watching and then thought I really should ASK so I can LOOK for you!!! (it was late last night so I was also anxious to get to bed)

SO PLEASE remind us what you were wearing...

Gotta go for now buds, be back later!

Replies

I was wearing a bright blue (cobalt I guess) blouse and DH had on a red button down shirt. Right after the segment on cell phone causing cancer and before it goes to commercial it focuses on just us. Then I am on massaging my jaw in the segment about teeth grinding. A few other glimpses but they go fast.

Yes Linda sometimes the bacon is worth the points!
    Sue
    163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Replies

Arrow Re: Daily Sifi Wed Nov 18th

Quote Originally Posted by Sailorwoman View Post
    I am almost done making a batch of turkey meatballs. It was a little scary, the BRAND NEW Vita-Mix smelled of plastic for a moment then simply stopped. It works now, but I don't know what happened. I checked the circuit breaker and there was no interruption in power. I think it just overheated. Maybe you can't do a pound of ground turkey in it? It didn't seem like too much for it. Oh well, it seems to be fine now; DF has examined it thoroughly.
    That's happened to me once or twice, SW. It's a "heat" smell, and it's an overload and the VM will automatically stop. There is information regarding it in your booklet. I think they recommend you leave it for 30 minutes before restarting.

Mine happened with meat, too. Making hamburger from cubed meat. I just decided to use my food processor instead.

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Quote Originally Posted by WWCarol View Post
    That's happened to me once or twice, SW. It's a "heat" smell, and it's an overload and the VM will automatically stop. There is information regarding it in your booklet. I think they recommend you leave it for 30 minutes before restarting.

Mine happened with meat, too. Making hamburger from cubed meat. I just decided to use my food processor instead.

Me, too. It actually is a built in safety mechanism. If the motor starts to overheat, it will automatically shut off.
    Note: I follow the Winning Points program

Replies

Sue, finally sat down and watched Dr. Oz and SAW YOU and DH!!!! HOW FUN!!!! There were some very nice shots of you! Thanks for letting us know about this!!!!

Replies

Lynn that is so nice of you to watch it. I know how busy you are! It was fun and we learned a lot too. DH was fascinated by the producing of the show. Dr. Oz is very professional the whole time!
    Sue
    163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Replies

I really enjoyed it and I HAD to see you!!!!! I watched portions of it a few times. After I saw you I went BACK to see you in earlier spots that I'd missed! I am an intensely curious person! And if I have a chance to SEE a buddy, I will!!!

It was very interesting, but personally I thought the thing with the woman who is a "food addict" was a little over the top. Why didn't you jump up and say "no, she doesn't need to go to inpatient treatment just send her to the BCB Simply Filling board!" Okay, so maybe that would have been a bit strange...

Seriously though, I really think most "food addicts" (and I was one, but never very overweight) just need SiFi, and BCB for support!

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by SueC View Post
    I was wearing a bright blue (cobalt I guess) blouse and DH had on a red button down shirt. Right after the segment on cell phone causing cancer and before it goes to commercial it focuses on just us. Then I am on massaging my jaw in the segment about teeth grinding. A few other glimpses but they go fast.

Yes Linda sometimes the bacon is worth the points!

Sue, I watched the show and saw you! I was so excited my DGS thought something was wrong with me. I like to be able to see some of my "buddies" in person or at least on TV!
    Cherry

Remember: The only Jesus some people may see is the Jesus in you and the Jesus in me!

SW 198
    CW 142

GW 150

Replies

Why didn't you jump up and say "no, she doesn't need to go to inpatient treatment just send her to the BCB Simply Filling board!" Okay, so maybe that would have been a bit strange...
    Not to mention I probably wouldve gotten thrown out! i do agree she needs a support system like this one. I have to say it seem like she was genuinely surprised that she was going to inpatient.

The little boy boxing was so funny and cute. He really was exasperated with Dr. Oz!

Thanks again for watching Lynn and Skippy's mom.
    Sue
    163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

hey buddies!

Sue - my DVR records Dr Oz (I watch it while doing the ironing!) so I will look out for you!

I've had a busy couple of days. Yesterday I managed to get H1N1 shots for my two kids. I had to go & get an appointment time & then take them back at that time. They were really excited to see me at school at lunchtime - until I told them why!! I also had my annual check up at the drs & apparently i am in great shape!

This morning my buddy & I walked for an hour, with a latte stop 1/2 way (non fat of course!). She says it's good going to cafes with me as I won't give in to temptation, and she feels bad if she eats cake in front of me.

This afternoon I agreed to work with a former customer of mine & help her build up her new business. It is an exciting program for parents that gets them discounts at stores / services that parents often use. I am going to help recruit some new merchants. It has the potential to be big, and I'm happy to be in at the beginning. They have Holiday Inn & Payless signed up, but I will be meeting with smaller local merchants. I need some work clothes, as at my business jeans & t's were the standard uniform!

Have a good evening buddies!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

Replies

Finally watching you right now! You look great! Plus I love your blouse...

You are looking a bit skeptical about the cell phone thing...or were you concentrating really hard...? I'm not sure I'm sold on the whole radiation thing. I'll have to google it and do some reading.

I was thinking the same thing as Lynn about Sandy, the woman with the food addiction - come visit our boards!!!

Thanks so much for letting us know that you were on the show!
    Veronica the Pushy Core Zealot
    SW 196.2 - 7/3/6
    WWGW 146.0 - down 50.2 in 24 weeks!
    CW 131 - 65.2 lbs gone FOREVER!
    Lifetime - 2/12/7
    My Chart Before & After
    Simul justus et peccator

I saw you Sue! It's great to see a buddy on TV.

Watching the intervention segment I couldn't help but think of my mum...she has battled with food her whole life, and talked about food being an addiction long ago. Diabetes finally caused her to stop & look at what she was doing to herself, and the fear of losing a limb (a possible consequence of badly managed diabetes) was enough to make her find a program she could stick to. She has lost 70lbs so far, on a program in the UK that is pretty similar to SiFi. I wish the lady well, and hope that the 3 months away from her kids gets her a good start on the road to recovery. I could relate to her evening eating...that could so easily have been me if I hadn't found core a year ago & stuck with it.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]