Thread: SiFi Monday November 16th

Default SiFi Monday November 16th

Good Morning!
    I usually post over in the 50+ board, but I've recently changed from counting points to SiFi. I'm really liking it. The more and more receipes I find, it's a no brainer. Simple clean eating. I have alot of chopped Rhubarb in my freezer anyone have a great receipe that you would want to share? I use to put a little bit in my muffins, but now I'm not sure what to do with it.
    Tonight I have 2hrs of competitive volleyball. It's hard, but I love it.
    SW: 190 (Nov 4/09)
    CW: 180.9
    TL: 9.1
    GL: 140 by April 21, 2010

Default Re: SiFi Monday November 16th

Morning all!

I am going to WI this morning & then taking my car to get the winter tyres installed.

Jen - I love rhubarb! I love it as a compote (sweetened with splenda) with some yoghurt & core granola on top. It is also divine mixed with strawberries.

Have a fab day buddies!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

Replies

Good Morning!

Well, I'm doing laundry again (didn't I just finish it all? ). I'll try again with the floor mopping, it's nice out so I can put the dogs outside and lock the cat in DD's bedroom. Now, if I could just do that with the family . My BFF has been sick for a week, today's her first day back to work. Her DH is out of town so I'll make a big pot of Lima Bean Soup and take some to her for dinner tonight. My family r-e-a-l-l-y loves that soup, and they all hate lima beans . Hey guys, try it even if you hate lima beans, it's totally not like the regular "green" lima beans!

Welcome Jen! Glad you are joining us! I love to cook rhubarb with strawberries and splenda, it turns into a thick "mush", almost like applesauce. Then I stir it into my yogurt or pour it over cottage cheese- YUMMM! I eat it right in a bowl like applesauce too! It really hits the spot as "dessert" as it's so sweet.

Becky~ Good luck at WI !

To all my other buddies~ Enjoy the day, talk to you guys later!
    *Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Replies

Good morning everyone!

Linda I swear laundry has babies in the hamper! Never ends. DD away at college told me a few weeks ago she never appreciated all the laundry I did till she went away and has to do it! LOL
    I did my kitchen floor this am. I have to admit it doesn't get nearly as bad since the dog died. I usually do it Monday's since it gets more traffic on the weekend.

Jen Welcome, this is a great board and a great way to eat!
    Hi Becky, ugg that means winter is approaching doesn't it.

I am thinking tonight I will make a pasta I am considering making for my Xmas party. I hate to make it for the party without trying it.

Another beautiful day here, i have errands to run so glad to be doing them today!
    Don't forget to watch/DVR Dr. Oz tomorrow. It is the episode i was at!
    Sue
    163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Replies

Hi buds!

Welcome Jen! GREAT to have you here. SiFi IS FABULOUS!!!! Consider looking up some of our baked oatmeal recipes. You CAN make SiFi "muffins".

Sue, thanks for the reminder about Dr. Oz!! Can't wait to see you!

Linda, I love the lima bean soup too (but I also love lima beans), but you are right the dry ones aren't like the fresh/frozen ones! Enjoy your laundry!

Becky, hope WI goes well!

Just another day at work and then my WW meeting tonight. It's the usual Tgiving discussion, which I enjoy and it's a great week to plus SiFi since Tgiving is SUCH a SiFi friendly holiday!

Make it great buds!

Well I've been doing Simply Filling for a week now. I do not attend meetings I just do it at home. My original weight loss goal was 150, but if I ever get there I might try for 140.
    A little bit about myself, I'm a SAH, homeschooling mom to 4. I'm also a preachers wife. You can go the the BCB showoff page and see my progress so far. The title is 51 lbs down, but it is now more like 70 lbs down. I was down this morning to 158, but I know I could be down more if I wasn't having bathroom issues. So therefore I'm asking you if there is anything you would recommend for this issue. I go through times like this, where everything doesn't move as good as I'd like. Anyway if you have any suggestions I'd love them. I've been getting my oil in, but it hasn't seemed to be helping in this area.

Dawn
    SW-230/CW-160/GW-150/PGW-140

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by ministerswife View Post
    Anyway if you have any suggestions I'd love them. I've been getting my oil in, but it hasn't seemed to be helping in this area.

Dawn
    Dawn, congrats on your success so far! Regarding bathroom issues I have several questions.

• What are you eating exactly? Could you post a typica menu for a day?
    • Are you getting all your fluids in? Six glasses per day. You might try even more.
    • Are you eating lots of fiber? Grains, veggies, etc.
    • Was this a big change in eating habits for you?
    • Have you had this problem before?

Those are my questions. Sometimes people have bathroom issues, in one extreme or the other, at first...so hang in there!

8. Default Re: SiFi Monday November 16th

bathroom issues. So therefore I'm asking you if there is anything you would recommend for this issue.
    Dawn
    Try Metamucil. It is 100% natural fiber; the orange flavor tastes fine! My mom had these issues and this is what her MD recommended and it worked like a charm!! So easy, too!

I've missed everyone. Sorry to be absent, but we went to NH and I forgot the charger for the laptop, so we were only on briefly to check important email accounts.

It was a very relaxing weekend - we had planned it that way. The only thing we did was hang a shelf and paint some old skis red as a decoration for outside. Of course, these things were more involved than I think they needed to be because DF was helping. He does everything very meticulously. The skis were painted so carefully, you'd think he was working on a fresco in the Sistine Chapel. But they are done and will be fine! The shelf is installed with BOLTS!! I mean, you could hang from it if you wanted to!! It is just for nick-nacks!!

Gotta get to work. Glad to be back!! Have a gread day everyone!!
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Lynn I drink 32 oz of water with every meal usually. I've always done this and it usually helps me with the bathroom issue, but lately it hasn't. I am eating veggies and fiber. The thing that has changed the most about my eating habits is that I don't snack on high processed foods. I haven't always suffered with this issue, but for the last several weeks I have.

Thanks!
    SW-230/CW-160/GW-150/PGW-140

Replies

... I was down this morning to 158, but I know I could be down more if I wasn't having bathroom issues. So therefore I'm asking you if there is anything you would recommend for this issue. I go through times like this, where everything doesn't move as good as I'd like. Anyway if you have any suggestions I'd love them. I've been getting my oil in, but it hasn't seemed to be helping in this area.

Dawn
    Dawn, I would also say try Metamucil or Citracel.

Jen, welcome! You have received some good suggestions for using rhubarb. Since I can't have yogurt or cottage cheese I have used it in the following recipe:

* Exported from MasterCook *
    Microwave Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp
    Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : fruit crisps microwave
    Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1 pound rhubarb (3 c.) -- cut in 1/2" slices
    3 cups strawberries -- quartered
    1/3 cup Splenda -- recipe called for sugar
    1 tablespoon flour
    3/4 cup quick cooking oats
    1/2 cup flour
    1/2 cup Splenda -- recipe called for brown sugar
    1/4 cup Margarine
    1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
    Ice cream
    Combine first 4 ingredients in 8 x 8 inch glass baking dish. Combine next 5 ingredients. Sprinkle over fruit. Microwave on high until rhubarb is tender, and crisp is bubbly throughout (12-14 minutes) rotating dish once. Let stand 10 minutes.

Suggestions:
    3 cups rhubarb cut in 1/2 inch slices and 3 cups strawberries quartered
    3 cups peaches and 3 cups blueberries
    6 cups of any one fruit
    Source:
    "Cooks.com recipes"
    S(Internet Address):
    "http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1629,...201,00.html%22"

NOTES : Simply Filling + 1 point (for 12 servings or 16 servings)
    2 points (for 9 servings)
    Judy S.
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009
    20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Replies

Good afternoon, Buddies!

Today has sure flown by - I spent the first couple of hours at work on the phone with co-workers...in Ireland. Our office will be picking up after-hours support for their software throughout the UK; the Ireland team will also transition to using our customer support software, and I'm responsible for understanding, documenting, and designing the screens they will use. I'd love to go to Ireland for some of the testing, but it will be COLD...plus they tell me they would rather be coming to Florida this time of year. We go live with the project in January.

The weekend was busy and not nearly long enough.

No time for personals except to say that I've got the DVR scheduled to record Dr. Oz tomorrow!

Hugs to all...
    Veronica the Pushy Core Zealot
    SW 196.2 - 7/3/6
    WWGW 146.0 - down 50.2 in 24 weeks!
    CW 131 - 65.2 lbs gone FOREVER!
    Lifetime - 2/12/7
    My Chart Before & After
    Simul justus et peccator

It looks like everyone is doing good today.

Linda, does laundry every end? Not at my house.

Jen, it looks like you got a lot of great suggestions for the rhubarb. They all look good to me. We don't get rhubarb down here except in the frozen section. I'm going to have to try some of these recipes.

Welcome Ministerswife. You have come to a great group to be among. I am a home school mom. I have one finishing up his last months of his senior year. My hat goes off to you. I'm sure your life is full and blessed. Just eating SiFi foods with lots of water should help you situation, and you have been given several good solutions as well.

Judy, your recipe calls for Ice Cream. Really? LOL!

Veronica, how fun to talk to people in Ireland. Do you have other international calls as well? The world can get small at times, or big. I guess it is all in the way you look at it.

Well, I've not got the laundry finished and many other things to do. Have a great BCB day!

*Irene* Thin for Life: Yes!

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by freetobethin View Post
    Judy, your recipe calls for Ice Cream. Really? LOL!
    Not really. I never use ice cream. It is in the recipe to be like pie alamode. I copied the recipe from the computer and meant to delete the ice cream.
    Judy S.
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009
    20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Hello all
    Rieriecat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Marie

Thank you all for your Rhubarb ideas. I'm going to try them all. Especially Judy's rhubarb crisp. Yum!
    SW: 190 (Nov 4/09)
    CW: 180.9
    TL: 9.1
    GL: 140 by April 21, 2010

Replies

Welcome back Marie!